Reverse Repel on Whirlpool

blue4333

That would be too much control on a blast set. Perhaps if they develop a water control set.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

9 hours ago, blue4333 said:

Could we add Gravity Control's Singularity reverse repel onto whirlpool? For immersion purposes.

I think this would be fun. I would love to see enemies spinning around as they were drawn into the center as well.

Probably should have a to-hit check to do it though, and maybe start off without the SFX until you add a knockback to it.

Adding this kind of thing would make it so the power could be slotted in multiple ways.

Make me kind of think that a reverse knockback proc would be fun. it could slot into any power that takes knockback and would pull enemies to you instead of throwing them away from you when the proc went off.

It would be super funny with hurricane.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

This is fun and thematic, but it's an extremely powerful buff to a set that's already strong in aoe damage, greatly increasing the efficiency of its area attacks, so it should not go out without severe nerfs to the rest of the set.

More generally, reverse-repel panders to the un-fun, stale mass-aoe/speedkill meta that dominates the game. We should be suggesting ways to shake it up and make different playstyles viable, not further reinforce the same old boring thing that everyone is forced to do. I'd like to see more situations where knockback and repel (the normal kind) are viable, for example.

Two thumbs down for a bad suggestion. But thumbs up for the "immersion" pun, so you only get one 👎.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 4:07 PM, Zect said:

This is fun and thematic, but it's an extremely powerful buff to a set that's already strong in aoe damage, greatly increasing the efficiency of its area attacks, so it should not go out without severe nerfs to the rest of the set.

I don't think it needs nerfs if it would requires enhancement slots in order for to activate.

The power could be setup to power down other aspects of the power if it is slotted for to draw enemies into it and vice-versa.

I also suggested needing to slot accuracy in order to "hit" foes in order for them to be affected. That could take away 3-4 slots just to have that SFX work on some of the enemies some of the time.

I think this is kind of a good idea for a lot of powers and some already work that way. Some powers  have 3 or 4 different components and the powers are hardly active until you slot them to activate that aspect of the power. You can see it in pets and other powers (too tired for hunting down specifics at this point)

On 11/19/2022 at 4:07 PM, Zect said:

More generally, reverse-repel panders to the un-fun, stale mass-aoe/speedkill meta that dominates the game. We should be suggesting ways to shake it up and make different playstyles viable, not further reinforce the same old boring thing that everyone is forced to do. I'd like to see more situations where knockback and repel (the normal kind) are viable, for example.

AoE immobilize can already lock-down fairly large mobs for as you say "speed-kills" so can Taunt that matter. I don't see this as any different than that.

You can even concentrate groups with knockback and repel if you know what you are doing.

Several teammates that know how to work together with knockback and repel can be pretty devastating. 

I've pinned boss so that were just flopping around and unable to attack while they were slowly frozen to arrest. (Snaptooth in the ice caves being a good example)

I think there are a good number of people that just like the chaos of knockback and aren't trying to use it to herd or immobile targets.

I like knockback heavy teams myself. But then, I'm not an end-gamer.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.