Does anyone know how to color the Option name in Popmenus?

Does anyone know how to color the Option name in Popmenus? 

I see in the Quickchat menu that Homecoming did it with the Notoriety Difficulty Level sub-menu. Does anyone know how to get a copy of Homecoming's current Quickchat menu? I could probably just look in there...

The quickchat menu can be extracted with a pigg viewer. I've attached it here. I took a peek and don't see anything obvious in relation to coloring the menu, but I might not be looking in the right place.

quickchat.mnu

Ah, I see what they did! The used the different color of the “&” hot key to color the “+” and the numbers differently. They didn’t assign a color at all!  

I guess there’s no way to color the Option name. Bummer. We can color message text in a command, however.  Blah. 

Hey ATC, I looked through the .piggs last night and couldn’t find it. What was the name of the .pigg file? Was it in the Assets folder?

Also, do you know of a way to read the .bin files that we can extract from the .pigg fikes?

I’m just full of questions today! 🙂 

On 12/5/2022 at 5:58 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

The quickchat menu can be extracted with a pigg viewer. I've attached it here. I took a peek and don't see anything obvious in relation to coloring the menu, but I might not be looking in the right place.

quickchat.mnu 29.89 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you so much for this!!! 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 5:32 PM, BlackSpectre said:

Hey ATC, I looked through the .piggs last night and couldn’t find it. What was the name of the .pigg file? Was it in the Assets folder?

Also, do you know of a way to read the .bin files that we can extract from the .pigg fikes?

I am not sure which specific pigg it was in to be honest. I used a pigg viewer (piglet in this case, but there are others out there) to view the contents of all the piggs in <CoH root>/assets/live at once and extracted it that way. I don't think there is a way to determine via piglet which specific pigg has that data but I could easily be wrong.

I know of a janky way to read at least some of the bin files (which I use piglet to extract). The ones I have focused mostly on are badges.bin and the one that has 'clientmessages' in its name (the full name escapes me). The bin files aren't text files but some of them are (mostly) human readable if opened in a text editor (I use Notepad++ specifically, so I am not sure if other editors work). There's a bunch of non-text stuff in there too, but stuff like badge names and badge description text is in those files and is human readable. There is probably a better way to do it, but I don't need to read those bins terribly often so my dubious method works well enough.

OK cool. I have only opened specific .pigg files, so knowing it can view all of them at the same time is very helpful! Thanks!

Edited by BlackSpectre
I hate typos