Singularity (and Reverberant) speed increase

WumpusRat

Something I've noticed lately while leveling up my newest gravity troller -- the singularity is SLOW. Jebus, he falls behind so easily, even when I'm just jogging along. If I take off and fly, he'll end up miles behind me. I've heard the reverberant pet is the same way (likely uses the same code for speed/pathfinding, since they're very similar).

Maybe buff up their flight speed a bit, to let them keep up with their creators more easily?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

i always take incan because i have no use for the other destiny powers and its very useful for getting my henchmen over to me when im playing lvl 45 and over content.  kinetics is the other option to get fast pets currently.  it would be nice for pets to have at least sprint speed when running and fly speed when flying.

Sounds like you guys aren't utilizing your Singularity very well. With the macro below, you can drop a Singularity directly at your target to use as a vacuum vortex on enemy groups. Without a target, the command will summon the pet in-front of you.

Basic Command:

/macro -- Vortex -- "powexec_location distance:10 Singularity$$powexec_location target Singularity"

image.png.0b5211321fa2e646c501a65e43541025.png  For a macro that matches the Gravity Singularity icon.

/macro_image "GravityControl_Singularity" "-- Vortex --" "powexec_location distance:10 Singularity$$powexec_location target Singularity"

image.png.7e841f8b7e518466f08b05339a2d7091.png For a fancy Black Pet-Summon Icon. I personally prefer being able to distinguish between abilities and macros on power trays.

/macro_image "Arachnos_Patron_SummonOnePet" "-- Vortex --" "powexec_location distance:10 Singularity$$powexec_location target Singularity"

Edited by Nayeh
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

With groupfly they seem to be able to keep up a little easier...😇 now to have a petfly or "disable for teammembers that don't want it"....

and especially: disable for other peoples pets that might not want it because rebuffing MM pets can only work while pets are on the floor

A more complicated solution would be to give pets the same travel power the character has (so if your MM had Fly, all their pets would be able to fly, too) if they don't already have a travel power of their own (so Singularity, which already flies, wouldn't need Fly), and the same movement speed as the character. This is likely to be a labor-intensive piece of coding in order to have the power effects carry over properly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 hours ago, Rudra said:

Or you are misunderstanding the OP and the problem with how slow some pets are in following the player down the hall to the next fight.

Or you don't understand that the *real* problem is that supers are moving too fast with an unhealthy expectation of average citizens, zombies, mobile fly traps, and 600 lb animate stones to move at extraordinary rates.

No, I don't agree with simply unilaterally increasing the base speed of these figures. Find external ways to influence their behaviors - either teleporting, physically carrying them, blessing them with some buff, re-summoning, or *gasp* slow down to their feeble playing field.

• Thumbs Down 2

28 minutes ago, Nayeh said:

Or you don't understand that the *real* problem is that supers are moving too fast with an unhealthy expectation of average citizens, zombies, mobile fly traps, and 600 lb animate stones to move at extraordinary rates.

No, I don't agree with simply unilaterally increasing the base speed of these figures. Find external ways to influence their behaviors - either teleporting, physically carrying them, blessing them with some buff, re-summoning, or *gasp* slow down to their feeble playing field.

With no travel powers including Sprint active, sometimes even turning on Walk, I leave NPCs and some pets behind. Your argument fails.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So rather than increasing the speed of Singularity, a mobile supernatural effect created by the super, or fixing AI pathfinding so NPCs can actually navigate corners and stairs, your solution is to either walk forward a little bit and wait or for in the case of NPCs to keep walking back to them?

So ninjas in their ninja run stance should not have to be made to actually keep up with even just ninja run?

Balls of electricity that aren't the least bit encumbered by being a normal presumably unathletic human should not be able to keep up with their creating character through sewers because of pathfinding issues or even just straight line movement because the player character is moving too fast? So I've been using the phrase wrong all this time and it was actually "slow as lightning".

How about the superhuman NPCs like the Freedom Phalanx members that are not able to keep up with the player because of their obviously average human citizen status?

Or let's just look at your re-summon option. MMs having to unsummon their pets and then re-summon them at the next fight? That rather defeats the purpose of permanent pets.

I can't describe how irritating it is to do the retrieve Akarist mission. Using Walk, which not only disables any and all travel powers, it slows you down to below your base movement rate, I can't even begin to recount the number of times he would cry out that he has lost me. Sometimes with me being only 10 or so feet away.

(Edit: Or how about that I can't seem to Teleport Other non-combat NPCs to my side after rescuing them? Has anyone in the game been able to teleport non-combat NPCs?)

Pets in the game need help. They have needed help since launch. The OP is just asking that they get that help.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove "p" from "how". And to remove extra "i" from "irritating".

1 hour ago, Nayeh said:

physically carrying them, blessing them with some buff,

How does a player character carry an NPC? I would love to use this technique. It would greatly alleviate NPC problems. And how do non- /Kinetics characters bless the NPCs with a buff to make them move faster? (Does using Speed Boost even work on NPCs?)

14 hours ago, Nayeh said:

These options all sound like they'd require more dev time than just adding +20 or +40 to every pet's run speed. NPCs and pets were slower than player characters at launch and to my knowledge they've never had their speed boosted.

A passive perception buff to all 'civilian' (i.e. non-combat) NPCs would be nice, too. Just a nice +1000% boost so stalkers don't have to disable the core power of their set. If I was a normal civilian being abducted by stinky sewer wizards, brain-stealing cowboys, or the laser mafia I know I'd do my best to keep my eyes on my rescuer. If there needs to be a fluff reason "We've given all of the heroes in the game walkie-talkies so they can guide civilian NPCs even while invisible" works for me.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Nayeh said:

To be honest, this really sounds like you're just trolling. Which, to be honest, I don't really appreciate. Arguing for the sake of arguing just bogs discussion down.

You're coming across as incredibly condescending, especially with the "you're just not using your pet right, hur hur" post earlier in the thread. Because, after all, pets have a 1-second cooldown, so you can just re-summon them for every spawn, right? Or perhaps you simply take your time and spend 2-3 minutes killing each group of mobs, so that your pet is ready to re-summon for the next group. Who knows.

You don't agree because ... you just don't, I guess? Fine. You don't agree. Your disagreement is registered. You can stop trolling the thread now.

• Thumbs Up 1