Small request: petite busts

I'd like to see realistic bodies for males and females. Smaller more real breasts and at least a hint the guys are anatomically correct.

This, plus less trim-and-toned options (you may pooh-pooh it saying that "superheroes and villains can't be anything but slim and/or built, because of all the exercise they get", but remember that, just in Marvel's canon alone, there are Blob, Big Bertha, Volstagg, Dr. Octopus, Fat Cobra, Mojo, Kingpin, Goldballs, and then some; not to mention DC's Bouncing Boy and likely more that I can't think of off the top of my head; MacFarlane's Clown/Violator; Valiant's Faith; and probably more from those last two and other indie publishers).

Oh don't have a spaz. <snip>

I'm not, um, 'spazzing'. Just making it clear that my request isn't for that purpose. If the request is granted and others use it for that, that's their business.

Then why bring it up at all? Is there anything innately wrong if people want to do that?

The way its worded kind of reads as a moral high ground. "I am suggesting this change so people can make adults with small busts. *Not* children, I don't want to be associated with playable children characters." Especially since it was out of the blue and non-provoked.

Comic books are full of non-adult heroes. DC even has spin offs. We have the Teen Titans etc. There is nothing wrong with children/teenage super heroes.

And that's just my 2 cents.

Also, yes I would love more functional sliders all around tbh! Let us give bigger heads too xD (Or smaller, why not?)

Then why bring it up at all?

Like it or not, and this statement of fact is in no way an accusation or implication toward any particular person - there are some (not all) people out there who want to create childlike characters in video games for perverted purposes. Again, no accusation or implication toward any particular person.

If making it clear that I'm not such a person reads as moral high ground then that's okay with me.

Then why bring it up at all?

Like it or not, and this statement of fact is in no way an accusation or implication toward any particular person - there are some (not all) people out there who want to create childlike characters in video games for perverted purposes. Again, no accusation or implication toward any particular person.

If making it clear that I'm not such a person reads as moral high ground then that's okay with me.

Fair enough! and "moral high ground" may have been a poor choice of words on my part.

As for whether or not this can be done.. It depends a lot on how the game is set up. If it uses bones for scaling then it might be possible, as the bone scaling should scale all other regions around the chest too (armor etc).

But I have no idea if that's the case.

And it wasn't just you thinking that the Power Pack kids were believable for their assigned ages. The original series in the 80s was just truly excellently written. Some of the aesthetic is goofy and childish, but it deals with heavy themes at the same time. It's really great work.

Fun fact, the original series was created and written by Louise Simonson, wife of Walt Simonson, author of the Ragnarok storyline, which is the source of much recent MCU stuff.

Well, I know many of us have asked for a "package slider" for the male characters for a while.. and that's never coming... Male heroes don't have genitalia.. They're muscled Ken dolls.

That's not really directly comparable. What people are asking for here is the ability to reduce the size of the female character's rather sizable honkers, because even at the lowest setting, the female model has some unusually big badonkers.

I was making a joke and pointing out that changes to character body creation don't really happen. It is comparable in the fact that comic book characters are drawn a certain way. Men don't have a flat groin and women have big boobs. So, that's the way the character creator works.

Bullshit.

That last bit, I mean - the "no accusation or implication" one.  That's the bullshit, there.

Because, if you didn't want to imply things about those of us who do like to make adolescent (or even younger) characters, then why even bring it up?

It really just reads as you being a douchebag who assumes everyone else is on the gutter-stinking moral LOW ground.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Bullshit.

That last bit, I mean - the "no accusation or implication" one.  That's the bullshit, there.

Because, if you didn't want to imply things about those of us who do like to make adolescent (or even younger) characters, then why even bring it up?

It really just reads as you being a douchebag who assumes everyone else is on the gutter-stinking moral LOW ground.

People bring up all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons...Unless you have actual psychic powers, please don't ascribe motives to people based on what they are not saying. 

Why is it so hard for some people to just assume good intent until they know there are actual statements to the contrary.

And I'm certain that those people who are ready to assume all these things about another are fully prepared to have every statement they have every made scrutinized for some hidden meaning?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Why is it so hard for some people to just assume good intent until they know there are actual statements to the contrary.

Humans are tribal creatures. No matter how hard we try to be otherwise, the temptation to cast social interactions as "us vs. them" is insanely strong. It's basically hardwired in.

Add in any level of squick -- including fully imaginary -- and that temptation is irresistible.

Humans are tribal creatures. No matter how hard we try to be otherwise, the temptation to cast social interactions as "us vs. them" is insanely strong. It's basically hardwired in.

Add in any level of squick -- including fully imaginary -- and that temptation is irresistible.

Sad, but true. We must try to fight against our tribalistic nature whenever possible, for the good of the greater society. +1 Inf

I'm out.

Bullshit.

It's interesting that you're so defensive about it.

^ See, that right there is an example of "accusation and implication toward a particular person". What I wrote before wasn't. Are you better able to tell the difference now?

As an aside, do yourself and the game a favor and be civil to other players - that means no name-calling, etc. Other CoH servers have shut down due to drama and it'd really be a shame if that ended up happening here.

Get it? Small request?

But, I actually think it probably wouldn't be too complex (I may be wrong, I'm no programmer) to adjust the chest slider magnitude for the female body type to have a smaller "minimum". As it is, even at the minimum setting female heroes are pretty darned busty. I'd like to be able to play one who's closer to my reality (which is, for better or worse, not that).

Thoughts, GMs?

Just make a male character... You obviously rather hide all female qualities that make men and women vastly different from each other. I don't have a six-pack IRL but I make badass FIT looking super villains and play them regardless. You should be proud of a hot female FICTIONAL SUPER HUMAN in a sci-fi video game.

Get it? Small request?

But, I actually think it probably wouldn't be too complex (I may be wrong, I'm no programmer) to adjust the chest slider magnitude for the female body type to have a smaller "minimum". As it is, even at the minimum setting female heroes are pretty darned busty. I'd like to be able to play one who's closer to my reality (which is, for better or worse, not that).

Thoughts, GMs?

Just make a male character... You obviously rather hide all female qualities that make men and women vastly different from each other. I don't have a six-pack IRL but I make badass FIT looking super villains and play them regardless. You should be proud of a hot female FICTIONAL SUPER HUMAN in a sci-fi video game.

It sort of sounds as if you're saying that women who don't have a huge chest can't be attractive, and are basically just men. Is that really what you mean to say? Because as a woman with a small chest, that's really a very hurtful thing to say, if that's really what you meant.

Get it? Small request?

Thoughts, GMs?

OvaKB5K.gif

It sort of sounds as if you're saying that women who don't have a huge chest can't be attractive, and are basically just men. Is that really what you mean to say? Because as a woman with a small chest, that's really a very hurtful thing to say, if that's really what you meant.

i5MD7Yu.jpg

I'm out.

Get it? Small request?

Thoughts, GMs?

I'm a total jerk I admit. You have to be to play a villain after all.

My point was: Why are you caring what your fictional character looks like in game? Why are you trying to mimic what you look like IRL?

Well if we don't care what our fictional characters look like in game, I say make everyone a seven foot tall catgirl and call it good.  Everyone happy with that?  You should be proud to play a seven foot tall catgirl!  ;)

Well if we don't care what our fictional characters look like in game, I say make everyone a seven foot tall catgirl and call it good.  Everyone happy with that?  You should be proud to play a seven foot tall catgirl!  ;)

Dear Dev's - this is a fictional game, can you please make all characters look like 3 ft tall pumpkins...It's fictional not RL, and I think all players should build their toons the way I do...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Get it? Small request?

Thoughts, GMs?

He didn't say that. It's starting to get unpleasant in this thread with everyone assuming that every post that they don't agree with is implying the worst.

Logic: He implied that a female character with large breasts is hot. Not that all hot female characters have large breasts. Crows are birds, crows are black --> all birds are black. It is a fallacy to assume that a one-way example (make a hot character with large breasts) implies anything in the other direction (large breasts are required for hotness).

When people are eager to jump to conclusions in order to be offended, put on the mantle of victim, and use that to assume moral high ground and get a +5% positional bonus to their next argument, the thread goes downhill. Take a deep breath, slow down your responses, and read carefully what a person posts. Don't assume that they implied something if it's not clear in their post. Doing this will hopefully keep this thread civil.

He didn't say that. It's starting to get unpleasant in this thread with everyone assuming that every post that they don't agree with is implying the worst.

Logic: He implied that a female character with large breasts is hot. Not that all hot female characters have large breasts. Crows are birds, crows are black --> all birds are black. It is a fallacy to assume that a one-way example (make a hot character with large breasts) implies anything in the other direction (large breasts are required for hotness).

When people are eager to jump to conclusions in order to be offended, put on the mantle of victim, and use that to assume moral high ground and get a +5% positional bonus to their next argument, the thread goes downhill. Take a deep breath, slow down your responses, and read carefully what a person posts. Don't assume that they implied something if it's not clear in their post. Doing this will hopefully keep this thread civil.

Coyote, I just posted about not assuming the worst, I am a big believer in it.  But he did just say this -

Just make a male character... You obviously rather hide all female qualities that make men and women vastly different from each other. .

Which is clearly opposite what you just said. It say, implicitly, that big breasts are one of the qualities that make men and women different.  Which is false, and in my opinion misogynistic.

However, I just noticed that

I'm a total jerk I admit.

So I'll give him props for admitting to being a jerk.  But it's not an apology, and it's then justified by

You have to be to play a villain after all.

So I think the OP has right to feel attacked and insulted...

I'm a +1 on this thread, but I'd also suggest that the GM's lock it at this point since it has fallen so far down hill

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_fallacy

Telling a woman to be calm and passive in her response to somebody who's expressing sexist notions is also sexism. Food for thought.

• City Council

I will give this thread a chance, since it's a perfectly valid question, but don't be a jerk.

(And for the record, I main redside and I'm a perfectly polite, well-adjusted person.)

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

So I think the OP has right to feel attacked and insulted...

I'm a +1 on this thread, but I'd also suggest that the GM's lock it at this point since it has fallen so far down hill

Honestly, I feel like locking it would be a "win" for the people being rude, and would also mean my request's not likely to be considered, which isn't fair. :(

I will give this thread a chance, since it's a perfectly valid question, but don't be a jerk.

If you do lock it, please first consider the takeaway that it would be cool to expand on slider ranges. For any anatomical whosiwhatsits.

I'm a total jerk I admit. You have to be to play a villain after all.

My point was: Why are you caring what your fictional character looks like in game? Why are you trying to mimic what you look like IRL?

For some people, it's a matter of inclusivity. An example - My fiancé isn't that big into super heroes. She'll watch the Marvel movies, but that's as far as it goes. She recently saw an action figure at Target for Squirrel Girl and noted that Squirrel Girl was curvy like her. It made her happy that such a hero existed. That was important to her and her self confidence.