The Doctor

You are so right!

RTD2 seems to have matured as a writer, but c'mon! Can't he at least live up to "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow?"

"Triple-drive the particle manifesto?"

"Vindicate the cyberline and roast the hyperfeeds?"

"Inculcate the plexidrones?"

"Shatterfry the positrons?"

C'mon, RTD2! You can up your game! Ask one of many sciencey Whovians out there!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Neutron flow? Neutron flow? Bah. Easy. I could flip that with two chopsticks, a coil of wire and old copy of Guitar Tech Monthly.

But if he messed with the polarity of Klystron Generator... now that's REAL drama.

Klystron.jpg.291d2561f99f92f6f3db21acf4a13ba2.jpg

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 12/14/2023 at 11:35 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

And as a lifelong Labyrinth fan, I'm pleased the Christmas episode has an abducted baby, a horde of comedy goblins, and musical numbers...

Hide contents

...hands up who thought I was kidding? I mean, it's not a banger like Magic Dance or Underground. 
And I'm not speculating about who or what might have the oversized codpiece.  

But they're definitely going for it.

Xmas number one, baby! 😛

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
10 hours ago, Coin said:

Who the hell is Mrs Flood???

Other than being Eastenders legend Anita Dobson (and, incidentally, Mrs Brian May, so hopefully Murray can borrow him for a suitably epic theme tune...)

Spoiler

There have been various noises from RTD & co that the Toymaker's meddling broke spacetime. It's rewritten a few of the rules of reality, including allowing similar personifications of other forces to show up, like chaos (the goblins) and music (just a guess that's who the Jinkx Monsoon character is).

But it's also created "splinter" timelines - including allowing the existence of two Doctors. And with Marvel messing about with the multiverse and "variant" characters, the audience might well be used to that...

So: alternate/regenerated/variant River? Or wearing a disguise?  Is she Ruby's mother/guardian, or just took a shine to Ruby, figured she was important, and decided to keep an eye on her till the Doc shows up? Is she someone entirely new? Or a red herring thrown in by the writers?

I'm sure we'll all find out come the summer...

BTW: we happy about what we saw in the preview trailer? No Daleks, but we've got Beatles (or an Whoniverse version thereof, because those guys would not pass as a cover band), Bridgerton, giant killer snails, an Alien ripoff, Mel on a moped, a Watcher type character (as in the one who was hanging around pre Tom Baker's exit, not Uatu), the return of the Nobles... this new "Season 1" could be fun. 

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 12/27/2023 at 10:04 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Other than being Eastenders legend Anita Dobson (and, incidentally, Mrs Brian May, so hopefully Murray can borrow him for a suitably epic theme tune...)

Reveal hidden contents

There have been various noises from RTD & co that the Toymaker's meddling broke spacetime. It's rewritten a few of the rules of reality, including allowing similar personifications of other forces to show up, like chaos (the goblins) and music (just a guess that's who the Jinkx Monsoon character is).

But it's also created "splinter" timelines - including allowing the existence of two Doctors. And with Marvel messing about with the multiverse and "variant" characters, the audience might well be used to that...

So: alternate/regenerated/variant River? Or wearing a disguise?  Is she Ruby's mother/guardian, or just took a shine to Ruby, figured she was important, and decided to keep an eye on her till the Doc shows up? Is she someone entirely new? Or a red herring thrown in by the writers?

I'm sure we'll all find out come the summer...

BTW: we happy about what we saw in the preview trailer? No Daleks, but we've got Beatles (or an Whoniverse version thereof, because those guys would not pass as a cover band), Bridgerton, giant killer snails, an Alien ripoff, Mel on a moped, a Watcher type character (as in the one who was hanging around pre Tom Baker's exit, not Uatu), the return of the Nobles... this new "Season 1" could be fun. 

Spoiler

I doubt it's River Song. It's been suggested in so many places due to the whole Flood/River/Pond thing, but I very much doubt it.

I absolutely LOVE the character, and would kill to see Alex Kingston again with Chuti Gatwa, but I thinik it's been done to death now, we've had her storyline and it ended perfectly. 

I'm hoping it's something like the Rani. I mean, she was around during Mel's run, so there's a connection there?

Or possibly something new?

Who knows.......

.........did you see what I did there? 😉

On a separate note, I'm currently reading the novelizations of the recent three specials. They are a little on the light side, but they do add some interesting back story for a couple of the characters and really do help flesh out Donna's mum character!

32 minutes ago, OldManMercy said:

ALL HAIL THE MEEP!!

You might have spotted comics legend Dave Gibbons (Watchmen, 2000AD, dozens more) credited for that ep, along with writer Pat Mills.

And here is their original Dr. Who Weekly comic from 1980. Quite a lot of straight lifts...

qqA6ikxt_2110220924461sbpi.thumb.jpg.58d1ea1679b7f672932e93ddf72a2553.jpg

On M'learned coll' Coin's thoughts...

Spoiler

RTD loves him an anagram (MISTER SAXON = MASTER NO. SIX). 

Which Mrs Flood isn't. But you get floods from rain... rani? 

Also the Rani was pretty hard done by in the Sly McCoy run, and RTD does have a soft spot for that kind of unloved character...

The other thought was that Mrs. Flood may just be a fourth-wall-breaker for her own sake (see Hartnell breaking the same wall in a Christmas episode long ago).  Regarding the weird turn the technobabble has taken, I noticed that too!  Maybe RTD just decided to push beyond the usual as it's become a tired trope for anything sci-fi these days.  Or maybe it's tied in to the more fantasy turn he says he's taking the show, "now it doesn't have to sound vaguely plausible.".

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝