I miss the old Mercy Island

gabrilend

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

If you want the current Mercy Island story to be changed so you start from Fort Darwin? Propose a new story that moves forward from that point. Or just ask for the devs to come up with one and progress the story to after Longbow's defeat.

If you just want to run around original Mercy Island (and are fine with no contacts or missions), then ask for an echo of the original zone to be brought back.

If you don't want to ask in broadcast for someone to drop you a portal to Ouroboros to reach the Mercy Island echo zone (if it is put in), then ask for a means of accessing the echo zones without having to go to Ourobors first.

What you won't get though is two versions of a single zone with all its contacts, missions, or arcs at the same time. At least, I don't expect that will ever happen.

Yeah I'd be fine with any of those options, they all sound like they accomplish what I'm yearning for. Dear devs, hear my plea - implement one of these and you will have my eternal gratitude ❤️

Makes me wonder if it would be possible to use phasing to achieve a sort of either-or for Mercy Island.

Like if your character comes from Breakout, start in Fort Darwin with the old setup; if your character comes from Galaxy City or directly from creation, start in Mercy with the new setup.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, megaericzero said:

Makes me wonder if it would be possible to use phasing to achieve a sort of either-or for Mercy Island.

Like if your character comes from Breakout, start in Fort Darwin with the old setup; if your character comes from Galaxy City or directly from creation, start in Mercy with the new setup.

I think that'd be pretty neat

I didnt read everything so my apologies if its been said.  Echo zones dont have NPC mission givers because they cant,  they dont have them because they were removed.  Ms Liberty is still in Echo Atlas.  Or was at least,  i havent been there in awhile.  An echo zone could have contacts and missions but it probably would cause some issues if someone got the same contacts for both or when having new contacts introduced.

I had been away from the game when the zone got revamped and now i know why it feels weird to me - i recalled being at the bottom of the zone (elevation) and working towards the huge wall to get to the top.  Starting at the top and working towards the slums felt off but i figured i just chose the wrong missions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

An echo zone could have contacts and missions but it probably would cause some issues if someone got the same contacts for both or when having new contacts introduced.

Echo: Atlas Park still has the origin contacts downstairs in City Hall, and if you are within their level range, they will give you missions -- or will offer to complete or abandon a mission you already have from their later version in the regular Atlas Park zone. The other Echo zones, though, appear to have been stripped of contacts.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/31/2022 at 2:57 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I'm a bit of both - enjoyed the feeling of breaking out of the Zig and crawling my way up in the Arachnos organization or striking it out on my own. Also like the current zone for its convenience - for example, when I die, the hospital isn't a 30 minute Sprint away (it's centralized), 

To be fair to Homecoming, the changes were made before their time. And it's really a result of the insanely high leveling speed from Levels 1 to 10 in this game that warps players past all that nostalgia.

In addition the convenience you mention, I actually STRONGLY did not/do not enjoy the arachnos storyline. It always felt like I was being rail roasted to work with them. Which is why prefer the updates done and the fact that you can betray the Patrons in the late game.

Also I agree that the story should move forwards NOT backwards.

Hopefully they can create and echo of the old zone layout for those who want it.

• Like 2