The (Almost) Complete guide to Kheldians

7 minutes ago, Blaydsong said:

Sorry. I guess I'm not being very clear.

I know that the eye beam powers cross over (Ebon Eye, for WS), but the other powers are individual for each form (Shadow Bolt/Dark Nova Bolt; etc). These are the ones that I'm trying to sort out. 🙂

Ah that's because they are two completely separate powers with different cooldowns hun, they have similar names but that's all really 😄 

- Lauci x

30 minutes ago, Blaydsong said:

Really? I could have sworn that something I read about them seemed to imply that they were linked in some way.

Now I feel sheepish. 😛

Thanks for indulging my nutty brain.

I think you're thinking of one of the other servers where they merged certain powers across the forms so you only had to slot it once for both powers ❤️ 

- Lauci x

On 2/18/2024 at 2:59 PM, Blaydsong said:

1) the Macros/Binds for form-changing work, but they are not showing the powers in the main tray. Instead, I just get the 'extra powers' tray that pops up at the top. Is there any known way to fix/prevent this?

Go Null the Gull in Pocket D, there's an entrance in Atlas Park.  Go to the Red side then talk to the seagull on the box truck - can't miss 'em. Ask the bird to remove your temp pop-up trays.

Then use binds such as

"powexec_toggleON Dark Nova$$gototray 2"

"powexectoggleon BLACK DWARF$$gototray 3"

"powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$gototray 1"

Drag your form powers from the Powers menu on the top of your tray into those trays.

I prefer to see my tray +alt and alt2 trays at once to see my cooldowns, so my exact binds are:

ALT+Q "powexec_toggleON Dark Nova$$gototray 2$$go_to_tray_alt2 3$$go_to_tray_alt 1$$bind button4 +down"

CTRL+Q "powexectoggleon BLACK DWARF$$gototray 3$$go_to_tray_alt2 2$$go_to_tray_alt 1$$bind button4 powexec_location cursor BLACK DWARF STEP"

Q "bindloadfile_silent Vix.txt$$powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$gototray 1$$go_to_tray_alt 3$$go_to_tray_alt2 1"

This shuffles the trays to my taste so I can always see my non-Kheld powers in trays 1 or 2, binds my travel powers to Mouse4, then resets the binds when leave Kheld forms so Shadow Step works. You can set Dwarf Step and Shadow Step TPs to the same button, but since I use the same button for +down in nova form, reloading my binds was easier, your milage may vary.

BONUS : I use 1-4 to attack but my hand can't reach 5-0 so I use F to keep my attack chain in reach of WASD and Chord Keys.

F "Powexec_name SUNLESS MIRE$$powexecname black dwarf mire$$powexecname dark nova detonation"

Nova and Dward have 5 powers each so this works for me. Non-Kheld form is more complicated. Binds abound with that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I'm having an issue with both the binds and macros (from page one of this guide) for swapping forms and trays. When I first bind them to either command set, everything works fine, but within a few minutes, the only thing that works is tray swapping. Form swapping does not happen. I've rebound and unbound so many times that frustration is seeping in. A fellow squibster in need.

8 hours ago, Echo Night said:

I'm having an issue with both the binds and macros (from page one of this guide) for swapping forms and trays. When I first bind them to either command set, everything works fine, but within a few minutes, the only thing that works is tray swapping. Form swapping does not happen. I've rebound and unbound so many times that frustration is seeping in. A fellow squibster in need.

I think there might be an issue with binds since the last patch as I've seen other players not on Kheldians posting about their binds breaking too, might be worth making a post on the technical issues on the Homecoming Discord or an in game support ticket ❤️ 

- Lauci x

I have been playing my warshade quite a bit lately, and here are some things I picked up on here are there:

1. The worst type of enemies I can face are any that drain endurance. Since your forms are toggles, endurance drain leads to toggle drop which leads to being stuck as a human with no defenses. Sappers, Mu Guardians, Juicers, Witches…all need to die on sight. 

2. Depending on what form you are in is what resistance and defense buffs that carry over. Eclipse / Global / set bonus buffs do. Toggles from your human form do not. 

3. If you are having problems being held, slept, ect. Just switch to Dwarf form until the effect wears off. Do know that if the effect has not worn off you will immediately have it if you switch to Nova or Human. 

4. Since you have to use human form for eclipse, cycle, and mire, it doesn’t hurt to run your stealth, tough, weave, combat jumping, and travel power with celerity stealth IO. 

5. Speaking of stealth, using any form of stealth (and super speed) drops your threat level, which is how the bad guy decides who to attack (aside from taunt), by 1. By default most every archetype has a base of 1. Warshades have a base of 2. The dwarf form has a base of 3. I keep the war shade stealth on at all times plus super speed plus the stealth IO. That way I can line up an eclipse before the bad guys attack. I can’t always get the Mire off, but I can usually set up my eclipse before I swap forms.
  6. Teleporting into a group is the best way to open your attacking up as a dwarf. The element of surprise buys you a second to mire before they attack you.
  7. Our taunt is maybe half as good as a tanks taunt. Being first to attack will help you attract attention away from your teammates if your group lacks a tank.
  8. Grab a couple of Knock Back IOs to slot in your travel powers so when you are human you don’t get bounced around like a doll by grenades. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arkieboy72472 said:

I have been playing my warshade quite a bit lately, and here are some things I picked up on here are there:

1. The worst type of enemies I can face are any that drain endurance. Since your forms are toggles, endurance drain leads to toggle drop which leads to being stuck as a human with no defenses. Sappers, Mu Guardians, Juicers, Witches…all need to die on sight. 

2. Depending on what form you are in is what resistance and defense buffs that carry over. Eclipse / Global / set bonus buffs do. Toggles from your human form do not. 

3. If you are having problems being held, slept, ect. Just switch to Dwarf form until the effect wears off. Do know that if the effect has not worn off you will immediately have it if you switch to Nova or Human. 

4. Since you have to use human form for eclipse, cycle, and mire, it doesn’t hurt to run your stealth, tough, weave, combat jumping, and travel power with celerity stealth IO. 

5. Speaking of stealth, using any form of stealth (and super speed) drops your threat level, which is how the bad guy decides who to attack (aside from taunt), by 1. By default most every archetype has a base of 1. Warshades have a base of 2. The dwarf form has a base of 3. I keep the war shade stealth on at all times plus super speed plus the stealth IO. That way I can line up an eclipse before the bad guys attack. I can’t always get the Mire off, but I can usually set up my eclipse before I swap forms.
  6. Teleporting into a group is the best way to open your attacking up as a dwarf. The element of surprise buys you a second to mire before they attack you.
  7. Our taunt is maybe half as good as a tanks taunt. Being first to attack will help you attract attention away from your teammates if your group lacks a tank.
  8. Grab a couple of Knock Back IOs to slot in your travel powers so when you are human you don’t get bounced around like a doll by grenades. 

1: 100% agree that end drainers are a bastard to fight against which is why I updated the target bind to include them now 😄 
2: Yeah toggles don't carry into the forms but are supressed, but click buffs like Hasten carry over ❤️ 
3: On point!
4: Depending on the level you are playing yeah, personally I don't run defence toggles unless I am herding monsters for Hami now 🙂 

5: Again depending on the level you play will dictate how much agro you want, levelling you may want a smaller threat level but at max level you should looking to tank where possible since you out tank most others.

6: You can also use a teleport bind with your target bind so you end up face to face with the thing you need to kill most in the pack ❤️

7: For Warshades yeah the duration REALLY hurts how well you can hold agro (For Peacebringers it's about 85% as effective) But tankers also get an inherent to help with taunting even more 😄
8: 100%, I slot one slow resist and the rest as knock back IOs ❤️ 

• Like 1

• Game Master
On 3/6/2024 at 11:09 PM, sovereignrayne said:

Hope you dont mind but i toke your picture and added a few things  enjoy  kisses and hugs   

GODDESS.jpg

All it needs is "Coming To Disney+ December 2024" 😛 

• Haha 1

• Game Master

For people who are losing binds for no reason, are you using the launcher or Tequila? We don't support Tequila any more and the launcher saves bind files differently to Tequila so when you are in a zone or an instant they work fine, but with Tequila as soon as you leave the instance or rezone they set back to defaults.

• Staff of Aesculapius 1
  • Microphone 1

I have not played a Kheldian to 50 in all the years I have played. I am almost at 50 with the one i have made it is a Peacbringer, not a WS. I am looking for a current build from an experienced PB. been playing since 07 so pretty decent understanding of the different types. But i have recently become fascinated by the Khelds. Potentially look for it to be my main for the time being. So if anyone would like to share a build I would love to take it for a spin. I read over all the first material here so much great info thanks Laucianna. with all of the evolution? is tri form still the best way to go? anyway. please any help here would be wonderful 🙂

• Like 2

Rage

Omega Factor...

38 minutes ago, Rage said:

I have not played a Kheldian to 50 in all the years I have played. I am almost at 50 with the one i have made it is a Peacbringer, not a WS. I am looking for a current build from an experienced PB. been playing since 07 so pretty decent understanding of the different types. But i have recently become fascinated by the Khelds. Potentially look for it to be my main for the time being. So if anyone would like to share a build I would love to take it for a spin. I read over all the first material here so much great info thanks Laucianna. with all of the evolution? is tri form still the best way to go? anyway. please any help here would be wonderful 🙂

I mean I would highly suggest my own build that I have posted here ❤️ I take it onto all content I run and it does very well in all of it! And Infinity changeling is currently the best a Kheldian can be and thanks to the new binds they are single button presses so it's much more user friendly 😄 

- Lauci x