So apparently Mids broke my game

WumpusRat

I wanted to try using the Mids "copy build to beta server" thing, so I installed it on my main machine (I usually use Mids on my other computer, so I can have it and the game open at the same time). I went through the steps to try and get it to work, and now whenever I try to run HC it gives me a fatal error and crashes to desktop.

File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Unable to locate bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Then crashes to desktop. Wtf. Sigh. I should have just left Mids off my main machine.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, WumpusRat said:

I wanted to try using the Mids "copy build to beta server" thing, so I installed it on my main machine (I usually use Mids on my other computer, so I can have it and the game open at the same time). I went through the steps to try and get it to work, and now whenever I try to run HC it gives me a fatal error and crashes to desktop.

File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Unable to locate bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Then crashes to desktop. Wtf. Sigh. I should have just left Mids off my main machine.

Have the client verify your files.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall? COH is pretty small compared to modern games so it should go fast.

Have you have any recent hardware changes or driver updates? For example for myself a recent Video Driver update started crashing the client until I turned off shadows.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 2 weeks later
  • City Council

Very late reply, but if this comes up again... 99% of the time, this is because you told *something* to write into your CoH install, and it put a "data" folder where the game doesn't expect one.  EG: C:\games\Homecoming\bin\win64\data? will cause the exact crash you describe.  Remove ALL data folders from your city install and try again.

The *only* data folder should be in the root of the HC install, anywhere else is asking for trouble.

Edited by Michiyo

don't change the install dir for mids. uninstall it and try run COH. see if that helps. when installing mids leave it at default.

to export builds from mids for use on beta server, just point it at the mainstall folder for coh, that's it. mids will do the rest for the popmenu for your char build. and this won't affect the game at all. i've done it with almost all my chars i've copied to beta