is Billy Mayes the Cocaine Bear?

Snarky

Billy Mayes be the Cocaine Bear, yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

I asked who this was in game last night and looking at the photo, I don't know who either of those guys are. 

Billy Mayes was a very VERY enthusiastic TV potch man for every product of dubious quality on late night tv commercials.  He was loud and very sure you needed it. 

In a shock to no one it was found out he did mountains of cocaine.  

There is a current movie out about…Cocaine Bear.  Who found and ate a bunch of cocaine, then found and ate as many people as he could.  And I thought cocaine was an appetite suppressant?

32 minutes ago, Snarky said:

There is a current movie out about…Cocaine Bear.  Who found and ate a bunch of cocaine, then found and ate as many people as he could.

Well, that trailer was a whole lot of "What the ever-loving fuck..."

Promising.  I hope it's as good as Tucker & Dale vs. Evil.

Also, the Wikipedia article on the real event from which the movie is drawn (and wildly deviates, but it's a dark comedy, so it's okay) is rather dull... except the part about the bear having 75 (SEVENTY FUCKING FIVE) pounds of coke in its stomach.  The bear ate almost half its body weight in cocaine.  Ho Lee Shitballs.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Well, that trailer was a whole lot of "What the ever-loving fuck..."

Promising.  I hope it's as good as Tucker & Dale vs. Evil.

Also, the Wikipedia article on the real event from which the movie is drawn (and wildly deviates, but it's a dark comedy, so it's okay) is rather dull... except the part about the bear having 75 (SEVENTY FUCKING FIVE) pounds of coke in its stomach.  The bear ate almost half its body weight in cocaine.  Ho Lee Shitballs.

75 pounds of cocaine would indeed turn a happy go lucky bear into a giant honey badger in a dark mood….

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

Billy Mayes was a very VERY enthusiastic TV potch man for every product of dubious quality on late night tv commercials.  He was loud and very sure you needed it. 

In a shock to no one it was found out he did mountains of cocaine. 

Time for a new alt, TV PITCHMAN, maybe Sonic/Psi, maybe a Dom or something?

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 1/23/2023 at 7:03 PM, roleki said:

Neither of them were real, so.

The Cocaine bear is kinda real.  Story didn't go as the movie, but a drug smuggler parachuted out of his airplane, but broke a leg and died after landing.  A bear came along and ate some of the guy's cocaine and od'ed on the spot.  He is stuffed and on display somewhere.

56 minutes ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

The Cocaine bear is kinda real.  Story didn't go as the movie, but a drug smuggler parachuted out of his airplane, but broke a leg and died after landing.  A bear came along and ate some of the guy's cocaine and od'ed on the spot.  He is stuffed and on display somewhere.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Philip Seymour Hoffman.

• Haha 1

Anything you can have, we have it.  Even got a devil in the attic.

1 hour ago, roleki said:

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Philip Seymour Hoffman.

They took PSH to a taxidermist?  Is that in the movie, too, or will that be a separate film?

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.