Request- Rad/ Keybind

Frostweaver

I remember seeing something for a 'swapping keybind' where it used files to swap the commands on the keybind each time to do two different things.

I am not... coding oriented. Is there someone that could make a keybind that would activate Radiation Infection, Enervating field, and Choking Cloud when you first hit it, and then deactivate them for recycling the second time you press it?

I know it's a bit silly, but it would make teaming SO much easier.

The problem is that a keybind runs so quick that the computer would just do the last of whatever 3 powers you put in the bind.  There isn't a way to activate 3 powers (any 3 powers) with a single bind.

The best you can do is sorta 2, but that involves turning one of the powers into an autofire power. and still is only 2 powers.

I know you can deactivate multiple powers at once, but not sure if you can do 3 there either...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Not that I am aware of...I am often wrong, but try not to post if I think that's likely...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You can rig a bind to execute a power and then load a new file to bind a different power to that key.  The Force Fielder Bible topic has an explanation of how to do it with bubbles, which could easily be adapted for any other set.

Though I do see problems with these being offensive toggles that can be dropped, get split up, or whatever.  For example, if you use RI and then get stunned, you'll have to cycle through EF and Choking in order to get RI back up.  Or if you RI and the target teleports or flies away, you can't disable RI like this without activating EF and Choking.

At the very least, don't keep Choking on the same key, since it is a PBAoE toggle centered on yourself rather than a TAoE on an opponent.

Hmmm, let me see if I get this right from memory. I use this to cast shields on my MM pets. It has a few problems and I don't know if it can be extended for more commands but it does work for the 2 shields I have so far. You still have to press the key for each spell but as long as you press the key the second time before the first spell is done it will go to the next spell on the list.

petselect0$$powexectoggleon Deflection Shield$$powexectoggleon Insulation Shield

If these were toggles the command would simply switch back and forth but since they are not it cast the first one, and then the second one, how many you can do like this I do not know.

Maybe someone smarter than me can adapt it to work better.

Hmmm, let me see if I get this right from memory. I use this to cast shields on my MM pets. It has a few problems and I don't know if it can be extended for more commands but it does work for the 2 shields I have so far. You still have to press the key for each spell but as long as you press the key the second time before the first spell is done it will go to the next spell on the list.

petselect0$$powexectoggleon Deflection Shield$$powexectoggleon Insulation Shield

If these were toggles the command would simply switch back and forth but since they are not it cast the first one, and then the second one, how many you can do like this I do not know.

From my own experience and others, you can't toggleon multiple powers in a single bind...Oddly enough, it seems you can toggle them off...I don't know if this is 100% by design, but regardless, I've never been able to do it...

What I posted works I use it in the game.

Good to know...I'll have to play around some more with some of the ones I was trying to do...

You can use multiple toggle-on commands as a single bind. However you will only execute one each time you press the button so you have to press the button multiple times to activate them all.

That makes sense Adeon...so it won't save on keystrokes, but it does centralize the different toggles to one key...

Thanks!

Sadly what I wrote will not work with toggles even though the commands are toggle commands.

If you use what I wrote with toggles it will switch back and forth turning on off and one on.

If you use the powexecname in what I wrote it also won't work. The only way

I got it to work was use the toggle command on non toggle ability.

Sadly what I wrote will not work with toggles even though the commands are toggle commands.

I am so confused...huh?

I am so confused...huh?

It works in the game just like I wrote it. but it only works on non-toggle abilities.

The 2 shields in the bind I wrote are non-toggle abilities and would normally be cast by using powexecname.

I have a FF defender, not a MM, but I used the same thing you posted "powexectoggleon Deflection Shield$$powexectoggleon Insulation Shield", but it only bubbles one of those at a time, it does not do both (at least for me)...I'm also wondering if maybe you are just holding the key down long enough that it counts as 2 presses...

Can you test and see if it works as well on a teammate as a pet?  Thanks again...

Hmmm, let me see if I get this right from memory. I use this to cast shields on my MM pets. It has a few problems and I don't know if it can be extended for more commands but it does work for the 2 shields I have so far. You still have to press the key for each spell but as long as you press the key the second time before the first spell is done it will go to the next spell on the list[/size][/size].

I have a FF defender, not a MM, but I used the same thing you posted "powexectoggleon Deflection Shield$$powexectoggleon Insulation Shield", but it only bubbles one of those at a time, it does not do both (at least for me)...I'm also wondering if maybe you are just holding the key down long enough that it counts as 2 presses...

Can you test and see if it works as well on a teammate as a pet?  Thanks again...

Ok, I think I have an explanation for this. There are three different powexec commands (well there are more but these are the important ones):

powexec_name

powexec_toggleon

powexec_toggleoff

Now I'm not sure how powexec_toggleon works with non-toggle abilities. Based on speczero's description it sounds like it functions as powexec_name but I've never tested that in game, however I am going to assume that it does for this description.

Now in the case of toggle abilities powexec_toggleon will work in the way I've described. You see the thing with powexec_toggleon is that if a power is already executing (i.e. it's toggled on) then that portion of the bind is ignored which is why you can have multiple powexec_toggleon commands in a single bind.

Now in speczero's case it seems that powexec_toggleon treats a power that is currently executing the same as a toggle that is on. This is undocumented behavior but I know enough of programming to believe that the game could work that way.

So what happens is this. The first time you hit the button it queues up Deflection Shield but before it can start executing it cancels that and queues up Insulation Shield which then executes. The the second time you press it it queues up Deflection Shield again, it then attempts to queue up Insulation Shield but can't because it's already executing so Deflection Shield then executes. Occasionally server timing will cause them to execute in the opposite order but in general it will happen the way I described.

Now to answer the OPs question, the solution is to have two binds, one which toggles on all of your abilities and one which toggles them off. You'll have to hit the first bind three times to activate them but the toggle off bind should only need to be pressed once.

Defender Smash!

Ok, I think I have an explanation for this. There are three different powexec commands (well there are more but these are the important ones):

powexec_name

powexec_toggleon

powexec_toggleoff

Now I'm not sure how powexec_toggleon works with non-toggle abilities. Based on speczero's description it sounds like it functions as powexec_name but I've never tested that in game, however I am going to assume that it does for this description.

Now in the case of toggle abilities powexec_toggleon will work in the way I've described. You see the thing with powexec_toggleon is that if a power is already executing (i.e. it's toggled on) then that portion of the bind is ignored which is why you can have multiple powexec_toggleon commands in a single bind.

Now in speczero's case it seems that powexec_toggleon treats a power that is currently executing the same as a toggle that is on. This is undocumented behavior but I know enough of programming to believe that the game could work that way.

So what happens is this. The first time you hit the button it queues up Deflection Shield but before it can start executing it cancels that and queues up Insulation Shield which then executes. The second time you press it queues up Deflection Shield again, it then attempts to queue up Insulation Shield but can't because it's already executing so Deflection Shield then executes. Occasionally server timing will cause them to execute in the opposite order but in general it will happen the way I described.

Now to answer the OPs question, the solution is to have two binds, one which toggles on all of your abilities and one which toggles them off. You'll have to hit the first bind three times to activate them but the toggle off bind should only need to be pressed once.

Yay finally someone who knows how to program to help figure this out. I appreciate your help however what happens when I execute this, ignoring the part that targets the pet, it will, in fact, execute the first step Deflection shield with a single press it does not skip to the second step. In other words on an already targeted pet, 2 presses of the button will cast both shields in the order they are in the bind. I'm just wondering if this behavior could be exploited to make better or more elaborate key binds. Sadly I'm just a beginner here but if you can figure anything out I would love the help.

So what happens is this. The first time you hit the button it queues up Deflection Shield but before it can start executing it cancels that and queues up Insulation Shield which then executes. The the second time you press it it queues up Deflection Shield again, it then attempts to queue up Insulation Shield but can't because it's already executing so Deflection Shield then executes. Occasionally server timing will cause them to execute in the opposite order but in general it will happen the way I described.

The behavior you described is exactly what I saw when I was testing...Powexec_toggleon works identical to powexec_name if the power is not a toggle power...Seems right, given that toggleon is designed to ensure a power is turned on, and that's what powexec_name does for a non-toggle power.

You still cannot activate 2 powers, regardless of type with a single macro or keystroke...You can link them together in a bind, but the bind will still only execute one a time. 

Back to the OP, they can do

/bind [key] "powexec_toggleon Radiation Infection$$powexec_toggleon Enervating Field$$powexec_toggleon Choking Cloud" and then, as long as the user presses whatever [key] was bound 3 times, all 3 toggles will turn on...

/bind [different key] "powexec_toggleoff Radiation Infection$$powexec_toggleoff Enervating Field$$powexec_toggleoff Choking Cloud" will turn everything off.

Thanks Adeon for helping me and the OP figure this out.  +1 Inf

speczero, sorry, I missed the key part in the post that you highlight.  Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later

you might also find this useful.  there is an interesting property of the + that can do some cool things.  as is relevant to this thread i present this:

/bind [key] "+ $$powexec_toggleon enervating field$$powexec_toggleon radiation infection"

what this does is when you press and hold your [key] it first activates radiation infection, then as you release the [key] it queues up enervating field.  all you have to do is hold down the [key] until radiation infection actually starts casting before letting go and you'll get them both to cast with a single (long) [key]press.  however, this can still only be used to toggle on two different powers.  one when you press down and one when you release.

hope that's helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

you might also find this useful.  there is an interesting property of the + that can do some cool things.  as is relevant to this thread i present this:

/bind [key] "+ $$powexec_toggleon enervating field$$powexec_toggleon radiation infection"

what this does is when you press and hold your [key] it first activates radiation infection, then as you release the [key] it queues up enervating field.  all you have to do is hold down the [key] until radiation infection actually starts casting before letting go and you'll get them both to cast with a single (long) [key]press.  however, this can still only be used to toggle on two different powers.  one when you press down and one when you release.

hope that's helpful.

+1 inf