Base Builders FAQ

Impish Kat

On 6/12/2019 at 12:32 AM, Impish Kat said:

Can we please have more storage?

Build another base or two ... or three ... er .... maybe 4 or 5? .... well ... maybe no more than 3-4 per server ... but there are 5 servers ...

I feel it is a waste to have more than 1-2 salvage storage units in a base.

Salvage is just too cheap on Homecoming to bother about it. The main thing that I end up storing in holiday salvage and most of the time end up not using that at any rate.

Insp storage? Most of my bases don't have one.

Can coalition members access storage?

Workarounds

Email

You can also email items to yourself. This is the main way that I handle it.

This works well for small transfers

Switching Supergroups

Character NeedStuff is in supergroup MySG but I need stuff out of supergroup ALTSG base.

Either through Alts or SG mate help, NeedStuff quits MySG supergroup and then gets invited to ALTSG supergroup. NeedStuff takes what they need out of supergroup ALTSG base storage, quits supergroup ALTSG, and rejoins supergroup MySG.

This works well for larger transfers from one base to another.

[If you use the /altinvite command to move characters between supergroups, and always keep one character in each supergroup to do the /atlinvite -ing. You can transfer back-and-forth all you want. You could build a base that provides access to others with one supergroup and a secure-storage base with another supergroup that only your characters have access to.]

Multiboxing

You don't even have to do any major multiboxing because you just park a character that is not in the supergroup in the other supergroup base (due to passcodes - they don't even need to be in a coalition with the other supergroup) and then a character that is an sg member to pull items from base storage and drop them on the non-sg alt account character.

How do I set a passcode?

Adding to what is mentioned in the thread-starting-post, the System messages show up in the Combat Tab by default (if I remember correctly. I tweak my channels a lot and some other channel may have the System channel by default, but I'm pretty sure the System channel defaults to the Combat Tab)

On the /help channel, I've seen more than one player at a loss on how to find the System channel.

Can I customize NPCs?

No, they like to customize themselves.  NPCs will change every time the base map is loaded.

Yes. You can change them by rotating them. They don't always change with each rotation, but they will change with rotations. Eventually, you can get the version of the NPC facing the way that you want, but sometimes you have to rotate the character quite a bit until it happens.

My NPCs don't change every time that the base map is loaded.

Unfortunately, using the undo/redo features often affects the NPCs customization/version.

What's going on with the lingering fx?

There are a few base items - mostly in the SFX  categories - that can cause unintentional issues that can't be undone with the undo command. These are limited. I usually move rooms away from these temporal/spatial/astral anomalies or work it into the SG's lore somehow.

Yikes! I've encased my entrance portal in a wall/pillar!

Honestly, I would just go into the base editor, into place item, and then move the "encasing" item, reposition the portal, and move the "encasing" item back to where I wanted it to be.

Yikes!  I've deleted something I didn't intend to.

Ctrl + Z is your new best friend.  You can undo up to 8 levels.  However, according to the i25 patch notes, touching a storage item in any way clears all undo history.

As I noted above, I have have found that undo/redo does affect all NPCs in  base.

First time it happened to me, I was horrified as I had spent a good deal of time rotating NPCs until they were in the version and facing I wanted.

I build all the non-NPC stuff in my bases first and make sure that everything is set before putting NPCs into my bases.

---------

Since this was already necro'd, I don't feel bad about throwing in some stuff that might be helpful.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.