Disorient Bonus Procs

Scarlet Shocker

5 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

How do they actually function?

Badly.

They're both 2 PPM.  Energy Manipulator does an 8s mag 2 Stun, Triumphant Insult does a 3s mag 1 Stun (won't even Stun a minion).

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

23 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Badly.

They're both 2 PPM.  Energy Manipulator does an 8s mag 2 Stun, Triumphant Insult does a 3s mag 1 Stun (won't even Stun a minion).

There are several others. They go off more often but they're still pretty bad.

Unspeakable Terror:  3 PPM, 8s mag 1

Debilitative Action:  3 PPM, 8s mag 2

Pounding Slugfest: 2.5 PPM, 8s mag 2

Executioner's Contract: 3.5 PPM, 8s mag 2

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I got it. As useful as a rubber duck in the Sahara

Thanks

I (think?) there are a few oasis in the sahara.  If you have a character running 1-3 powers that AoE disorient (even if mag 2 they stack) and you can slap this in a fat patch AoE with a slow enough recharge not to screw the proc rate, then...maybe...it becomes a math gamble that might be worth it.  

Edited by Snarky

15 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I (think?) there are a few oasis in the sahara. 

There are, but you can only ever visit them at midnight

Thinking about it, you'll be right at home then Snarky! 😄

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
addendum
  • Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

25 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I (think?) there are a few oasis in the sahara.  If you have a character running 1-3 powers that AoE disorient (even if mag 2 they stack) and you can slap this in a fat patch AoE with a slow enough recharge not to screw the proc rate, then...maybe...it becomes a math gamble that might be worth it.  

You're on the right track here.

Stun/Disorient mags stack.  (Reminder:  you need more mag than their rank.  Minions are rank 1 so you need mag 2 or higher to stun them.  Lts 2 and 3 respectively.  Bosses 3 and 4 respectively.)  That Unspeakable Terror (which I believe is mag 2, not mag 1) proc in cloak of fear will stun a minion for 8 seconds when it activates.  But when you are also running Oppressive Gloom (mag 2) and it hits, then the proc activating gives you a mag 4 effect for however long the overlap is and that will stun bosses.

Who run Bartertown?

3 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You're on the right track here.

Stun/Disorient mags stack.  (Reminder:  you need more mag than their rank.  Minions are rank 1 so you need mag 2 or higher to stun them.  Lts 2 and 3 respectively.  Bosses 3 and 4 respectively.)  That Unspeakable Terror (which I believe is mag 2, not mag 1) proc in cloak of fear will stun a minion for 8 seconds when it activates.  But when you are also running Oppressive Gloom (mag 2) and it hits, then the proc activating gives you a mag 4 effect for however long the overlap is and that will stun bosses.

Yeah I have found some magic on my Dark Dark Dark Corruptor in this alley.  

Dark has a mag 2 ranged AoE stun.  Most folks shun it.   But Dark Mastery has a mag 2 stun aura.  Which is also relatively worthless ….  Anyone else here do math?   I toss the ranged stun then run into the mobs.   If they seem particularly evil i nuke immediately.  If not I Soul Drain, Tar Patch, Nuke, then step back to cone fear and start killing anything left standing.   I did not build for defense.  My defense is those stuns, tohit debuff, fear etc

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

If you have a "patch" power, its recharge will typically be irrelevant to its proc rate -- it will proc as though it has a 10s recharge + animation time.

This is the pseudopet thing.  All patches are pseudopets.

HC may have special-cased a few patches (Burn?), but most work this way.

Edited by aethereal