Change out team teleport.

kito

Hi. Been using a teleport toon for a while now and have found team teleport more or less just bad. Some people might use it for rp but I think like 99% of everyone just skips this power. (I could be wrong) 

had the idea of teleport to target to replace it.  

Just a simple power that lets you teleport to your targets no real range limit.  More or less just a way for you to split with your team and then teleport across the map back to them. Without walls and things getting in the way. Mostly I think this works in my head for rp ideas might not work well in the game. Make it a deffence power just for the lotg slot 😉

Doesn't work for the same reason NPCs can teleport wherever they want on the map but we are limited to line of sight. No way to target your teleport through obstacles. (And LoTGs can already be slotted in lots of powers. No more mules.)

Edit: Now, if you want to modify Combat Teleport so you can target an ally and teleport to them? I think it is a targeted teleport rather than a target location teleport, so that could work. Or if you want this new teleport to work by being able to click a teammate on the roster and then teleporting to their side, that could work. The only problem I see with that is the teleport placement for arrival. I don't use Combat Teleport, so I don't know if it works in a way that would be conducive to being applied in this case.

Edit again: I'm against removing and replacing powers, but in this instance, depending on how this was done, this could simply be a modification added to the existing power (or to Combat Teleport?).

Edit yet again: I would also like to point out that like with Group Fly (which I absolutely loathe), Team Teleport is still of use to MMs. Particularly if you go with Teleport for your travel and you are some place annoying like the Shadow Shard. Keeping your pets teleporting with you is safer for your pets than just teleporting yourself and hoping the pets teleport to you at your destination. (They often like to just keep falling and taking damage or teleporting to the bottom of the map and standing under you and your destination. Not helpful if your destination is not a map instance entrance. And in this case, Teleport Other does not move them to your side because they are "at your side", just minus a few hundred feet.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

I mean I can teleport allies threw walls with teleport target. I can teleport then from anywhere on the map to me. I would just want the ability to teleport from anywhere on the map to them. Or to w/e I'm targeting. But my main idea was yes to an ally 

As @kelika2 succinctly said, you can already do this, with that bind/macro.   There is a range limit, of course, but you should be able to select an alt from the team window, then use that bind/macro, and teleport to them through walls, if there in range.

You can also teleport to enemies, most notably Tsoo sorcerers or Sky Raider Porters, if you have them targeted and they teleport away, with the same macro.

• Thumbs Up 2

Would could be interesting is if "team teleport" allowed you to drop a teleport gate at one location and a teleport beacon at another, (or 2 gates), and allowed free travel between those to locations to you and your allies.

Another option would be to have the power place a beacon, then it switches to a power that recalls you and your team to that beacon.

Yet another idea would be to remove it and add an attack power - basically a single target power that teleports you to a targeted enemy and has you deliver a punch, dealing some smashing and energy damage or something.

Still another idea could be where you "warp space" in a small area around yourself, acting sort of like a combination of inertial reduction and speed boost for you and your allies, thereby granting increased jump height and movement speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, biostem said:

Another option would be to have the power place a beacon, then it switches to a power that recalls you and your team to that beacon.

Not a fan of this as it completely removes the primary use of the power. While not a popular power, it does still serve a purpose. Whether that be for a friend to serve as taxi for other friends for whatever reason, for RP purposes, or for MMs that don't want to go the Group Fly route and don't want to deal with pets that for any reason are unable to follow or teleport to them for being out of range like they are supposed to.

Yet another idea would be to remove it and add an attack power - basically a single target power that teleports you to a targeted enemy and has you deliver a punch, dealing some smashing and energy damage or something.

This would make much more sense as a tweak to Combat Teleport. (Especially as this is what I thought Combat Teleport was going to be before it was released to us.)

Still another idea could be where you "warp space" in a small area around yourself, acting sort of like a combination of inertial reduction and speed boost for you and your allies, thereby granting increased jump height and movement speed.

This isn't teleportation. A power like this better belongs in a whole new power pool (or just as an options for Kinetics characters).

Would could be interesting is if "team teleport" allowed you to drop a teleport gate at one location and a teleport beacon at another, (or 2 gates), and allowed free travel between those to locations to you and your allies.

This one actually works. Only issue is if this would allow the power to function as it currently does still.

It doesn't matter to me how few players may choose a power. As long as the power is being taken by players, we don't have the right to take that away from them. As long as the changes to Team Teleport still maintains its current core function though? Modify away.

4 hours ago, kito said:

I tried this it does not seem to.do.anything?

You have to target something, either a critter, a friendly, or an object, and you'll be teleported to it as long as they're within your TP range. It basically puts the targeting reticle at their location. Useful bind for all powers that use targeting reticles, not just TP.

3 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

You have to target something, either a critter, a friendly, or an object, and you'll be teleported to it as long as they're within your TP range. It basically puts the targeting reticle at their location. Useful bind for all powers that use targeting reticles, not just TP.

Ik what it should do I copy pasted it in and it does Nothing. Even asked for help in game on it and we did not find a way to get it to work

17 minutes ago, kito said:

Ik what it should do I copy pasted it in and it does Nothing. Even asked for help in game on it and we did not find a way to get it to work

Hmmm. I'm gonna assume you replaced "key" with an actual key letter/name? Because it does indeed work, I just tested it to be sure something didn't break.

2 hours ago, 0th Power said:

The teleport to location use to need line of sight for the bind/macro.  I'm not sure if that is the case anymore as I haven't tested it recently (since addition of combat teleport).

You don't need line of sight for the bind/macro to work. You also don't need line of sight to use a reticle power. I often will drop a power from around a corner or from behind a pillar. The only requirement is that the target be within range of the power. But if it's not you should get a message saying so.

Edited by Captain Fabulous

15 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

You don't need line of sight for the bind/macro to work. You also don't need line of sight to use a reticle power. I often will drop a power from around a corner or from behind a pillar. The only requirement is that the target be within range of the power. But if it's not you should get a message saying so

They changed that recently then, because I made a combat teleport macro before the announcement of combat teleport 

(its in my signature if anyone is curious)

Edited by 0th Power

17 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

They changed that recently then, because I made a combat teleport macro before the announcement of combat teleport 

(its in my signature if anyone is curious)

Hmm, dunno. I just tried it with Translocation and it works. Oddly enough I don't have any characters with Teleport. I *assume* it also works, but I guess it's possible it doesn't. I don't know about Combat Teleport.

Just now, Captain Fabulous said:

Hmm, dunno. I just tried it with Translocation and it works. Oddly enough I don't have any characters with Teleport. I *assume* it also works, but I guess it's possible it doesn't. I don't know about Combat Teleport.

did you use it with a bind/macro for translocation?

20 hours ago, kito said:

Did you copy and paste it verbatim?  It has the word "key" where you'd actually want the key you're trying to bind.

So if you want to make the "y" key trigger the power, it would be:

/bind y powexeclocation target teleport

Obviously you actually need the teleport power as well.

• Thumbs Up 1