Bicycle Shorts

Ultimo

As a fan of Darwyn Cooke (RIP), I always loved the way his renditions of Superman, Batman and others wore longer shorts instead of briefs.  I'd love it if there was a legs pattern representing longer shorts.  I quickly banged out the kind of thing I'd like to see...

Canadian Shield.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

This would actually be incredibly easy to create; took me less than a minute in an image editor to create this:

image.thumb.png.ba072394405bb460e7720d344dfcb1da.png

Far more time was spent finding, extracting, and repacking the files to put it in the game. To make it really official, a dev would have to spend some more time making it appear as its own option, rather than just replacing the standard Brief pattern as I've done. I'd say, if you really want more selections like this to be added to the game, bug the devs to create a more efficient pipeline for adding player-created contributions to the game. Right now any time they want to do that it's a whole ad-hoc process every time with lawyers because they have to avoid legal problems with IP further down the line.

And if you're fine with just using what I created here, and replacing the standard Brief pattern for only you to see, put this file: hips_Brief.texture

in these folders: image.png.663ce33b450cd403ac3c99b5eb037983.png

in your Coh: Homecoming install folder (creating the folders as you go if they don't exist).

• Like 1

As far as any issues with IP... they're *shorts.* Or even a colored region that represents shorts.

Personally I'd want - just for general principles, not even to represent the classic (old-wrestler-inspired) costume described - a pair of shorts for males that aren't the long things we have now, or briefs, as well. There's a pair of perfectly workable, believable "hey, I'm wearing shorts" over on the female side, after all. I don't know why an equivalent was never created on male or huge.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

52 minutes ago, Greycat said:

As far as any issues with IP... they're *shorts.* Or even a colored region that represents shorts.

Personally I'd want - just for general principles, not even to represent the classic (old-wrestler-inspired) costume described - a pair of shorts for males that aren't the long things we have now, or briefs, as well. There's a pair of perfectly workable, believable "hey, I'm wearing shorts" over on the female side, after all. I don't know why an equivalent was never created on male or huge.

Lack of dev hours and preconceptions about what each model type should/would want to wear. It absolutely takes a lot more time and effort to make multiple instances of the same costume item and properly scale and rig it to all three different models (which, for porting old pieces, is also time spent not making new costume pieces/content) so at first the items were just kept on whichever model/NPC they were initially made for. Which is completely understandable in a 'this is all the time we've got and this piece is the only version we have, so that's what the players get' sort of way. Still, costume design on Live was pretty divided regarding 'These costume pieces/patterns are [Insert Model Only] because They're For Ladies/They're For Men' for a pretty long time (with the Huge model just sulking in the corner). Add in a number of costume items also being designed as 'NPC Use Only' and thus also model-locked, and that just further compounded the issue. Occasional proliferation did begin to happen later on, but at the same time full 'Intended for Players' costume sets came out that were deliberately designed as 'Here's the Normal/Badass version for Males and here's the Sexy Halloween version for Females - and you don't get to mix and match them whatsoever!' and a lot of players... were not happy about that. It took a while (and a hefty amount of forum commentary) for the Live Devs to curb that aspect of the costume design philosophy, but they got there. Honestly one of the things I'm most grateful about Homecoming is the costume design process being 'If we make a thing, every model is getting it' and the dedication put in to proliferating model-locked/npc-locked items.

So yeah, 110% absolutely yes for OP's suggestion of a Briefs pattern for male models and your suggestion of actual Shorts for them, too. More costume choices are Always Good.

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.