Kinda pointless but maybe fun suggestion

3 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

What if we could have like 2 or 3 more versions of whatever costumes we have, but they automatically swap into use as we get damaged. Battle damage costumes. Obviously as a opt in type of situation.

I would love to have various triggers for costume changes - >75% health, 74%-50%, 49%-25%, <25%, while not in combat but a travel power is active, while in combat, and so on...

while this is an interesting suggestion it begs the question what happens to your costume when you get healed? does it magically stitch up? i could see this working with magic chars and even tech (unstable molecules) but how bout natural heroes in plainclothes? Maybe once the costume is damaged you gotta get repairs (inf sink). Maybe you hafta switch costumes to repair. It might be easier to code parts of your costume vanishing as your take damage? this idea requires some fleshing out.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

36 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

while this is an interesting suggestion it begs the question what happens to your costume when you get healed? does it magically stitch up? i could see this working with magic chars and even tech (unstable molecules) but how bout natural heroes in plainclothes? Maybe once the costume is damaged you gotta get repairs (inf sink). Maybe you hafta switch costumes to repair. It might be easier to code parts of your costume vanishing as your take damage? this idea requires some fleshing out.

i got you on this one. 

Science - burnt up costumes fade in and back out until fixed.

Tech - Nanites and tiny robots step in to help you out, bud!

Mutant - healing factor - minor green glow fixes stuff.   Ugly festering wounds fixed with boils n stuff.  If you could smell the process you might barf.

Magic - gnomes!  Fairies!  ghosts descend on you to heal in a swirl.

Natural - You meet your incredibly high deductible for the year.  You still get a bill 4 months from now.

Edited by starro
type=o
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, starro said:

Natural - You meet your incredibly high deductible for the year.  You still get a bill 4 months from now.

😂

That’s the creativity we need!

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

8 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Here's the great thing about this being an OPTION - if you don't want to explain the change, don't use it.  If you do want to explain it, you can put a blurb in your bio about it, or even run to the appropriate origin store and "buy" the necessary components to account for the repair, (or just RP it however you see fit).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 2/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, starro said:

i got you on this one. 

Science - burnt up costumes fade in and back out until fixed.

Tech - Nanites and tiny robots step in to help you out, bud!

Mutant - healing factor - minor green glow fixes stuff.   Ugly festering wounds fixed with boils n stuff.  If you could smell the process you might barf.

Magic - gnomes!  Fairies!  ghosts descend on you to heal in a swirl.

I feel like you've just described how /Regen works for all of the different origins.