Are we likely to see taunt get fixed in the near future?

Meknomancer

5 minutes ago, Uun said:

Teleport Target. Useful for rezzing teammates with Howling Twilight without having to find their corpse. It's not clear in the power description, but the corpse needs to be near you (not your target) in order to be rezzed.

yes, one of the reasons i am seriously considering this change.  Plus I have full stealth (shadow fall, + i/o celerity+ stealth in spring) and can get to places the team needs to be.  hving this power would be regularly useful.  But I will not respec until I figure out more about Fold Space.  i just completed the build though.  looks smooth.

I'm a big fan of Teleport Target and with the TP changes wound up using the TP pool for my travel needs.  I find Combat Teleport the one I'll skip the most.  Normally TP Target, Teleport, and then Fold Space if i have room on my Melee chars.  Though I'm still working on the timing for Meteor & Fold Space combo.

My only complaint on Fold is the tendency to make a conga line.

• 5 weeks later
On 3/4/2023 at 11:30 AM, Snarky said:

rezzing teammates with Howling Twilight

That's right!

I always forget the best auto-hit AOE Disorient and debuff in the game also rezzes your buddies!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 3/1/2023 at 4:31 PM, ZemX said:

Then they are missing the point of it.  It's not primarily for holding aggro in melee.  That's what punch-voke and taunt auras are for.   Taunt (the power) is for grabbing aggro from range.  That's the whole reason it has a built-in -range debuff.  You are holding down ten enemies in a group and see a couple on the outskirts of the battle making a beeline for the Blaster?  Taunt.  Auto-hit.  70ft range.  22.5ft radius sphere.  5 targets.  Extremely effective even with no additional slotting.

It's not that you can't tank without it.  It's just easier with it.

Agreed!

Most tanks aren't good enough to understand this very simple aspect. It's why mine probably stand out, they do their damn(and ONLY) job. Your damage is average, the blasters/scrappers/literally anyone else will do more damage than your paultry numbers, so please do not think you're making a huge difference in that department. Taunt good, taunt help squishy* teammate.

Snark aside, Taunt is not antiquated, it's  a power to use if you want to be HM capable and/or not see your team dying left and right to aggro you COULD grab.

I think I'm going to use the superpower of reverse taunt when our only tank doesn't have it for a HM TF or +4 TF. It's called the kick button

*My builds all build for positional def if they're squishy types because of the ineptitude of tanks here. [not all tanks, mind you] so this doesn't really apply to me in most instances, but it's annoying to see deaths pile up because of bad tanks

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 3/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, lemming said:

I'm a big fan of Teleport Target and with the TP changes wound up using the TP pool for my travel needs.  I find Combat Teleport the one I'll skip the most.  Normally TP Target, Teleport, and then Fold Space if i have room on my Melee chars.  Though I'm still working on the timing for Meteor & Fold Space combo.

My only complaint on Fold is the tendency to make a conga line.

If you're a Tank, that's not a bug.  It's a FEATURE.

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!