Crossover Events - best/worst/weirdest

Posting this, mainly because I want to know if the below is real or fanart...

crossovers.thumb.jpg.1366a2d4ac5b333a901a85197c77c8d5.jpg

...though I have a sad feeling it's not.

What's the oddest crossover that you've seen - and is there anything you'd like to see?

Personally:

Sherlock (Cumberbatch/Freeman edition) vs their Marvel counterparts.

GotG x Firefly

Firefly x Star Trek (which I ran as a light-RP group on STO for a bit...)

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

While I don't know how weird it is, Wholock would be phenomenal.   A human companion whose intellect rivals the Doctor's own, and who is pretty good in a physical scrap as well. The clash of eccentricities would make it fun.

Marvel has Sherlock and Watson characters?

Of course, the one so often asked for is Star Trek x Star Wars:  Is a universe of smaller ships with teleportation technology, better shields, and modified photon torpedoes capable of rendering a planet uninhabitable superior to a universe of massive ships, weaker-to-no shielding, expensive and hard-to-replace planet-killing battlestations, and the occasional Force user?

While it probably won't be space "pew pew", a shared universe of E.T., Cocoon, Starman, and The Flight of the Navigator could possibly be fascinating from an exploratory, sense-of-wonder point of view.  I think there's still an upsurge interest in 1980s fare, yes?

Edited by Techwright

Sorry for the second post, but I just had a thought: can we include historical as an option?

I've long wished for a shared Napoleonic War universe of Horatio Hornblower (C.S. Forester's novels, different actors onscreen), Captain Jack Aubrey (Patrick O'brien's Aubry-Maturin series, onscreen as Master and Commander with Russell Crowe), and Richard Sharpe (Bernard Cornwell's series, portrayed on British TV by Sean Bean)

Not exactly a crossovers but the Dr. Strange where Clea hooked up with Ben Franklin. And there are some old Supes books where Don Rickles shows up at the Daily Planet.

The Columbo is definitely fan. Spotlight 9 is Captain Universe.

Having had a quick Google, there are quite a few more where real folks show up in comics:

• Eminem vs Punisher (not sure that's gonna go well for Detroit)
  • Muhammad Ali + Superman
  • Spidey + Barack Obama (I'd always wondered if he'd show up as a shield-wielding hero called Barricade. Though I guess it'd be tough fitting the ears under the Spandex)
  • Charles Barkley vs Godzilla (still no match for the big lizard's 3pt game, though)
  • Haha 1

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

2 hours ago, biostem said:

There was an interesting Star Trek (TOS) crossover with the X-Men.  Can't forget the Scooby Doo meet Batman episode/special, or TMNT vs Batman.

The year Scooby Doo and gang met Batman, the whole season was about bumping into famous people.  Some of the guests included the Three Stooges as well as Jonathan Williams playing a dual role as a cartoon version of himself and a for-kids version of Maude Frickert.

How about Predator vs. Na'vi (Avatar)?  Seems like the wilds of Pandora would be just the place for a predator hunt.  Adding in the size difference and the hostile atmosphere just makes it interesting.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Techwright said:

Marvel has Sherlock and Watson characters?

I was under the impression they were referring to the actors and not so much the actual Watson and Sherlock characters. Cumberbatch being Dr. Strange and Freeman being Everett Ross.

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
Fixed spelling of Cumberbatch's name

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 3/15/2023 at 10:17 PM, Techwright said:

The year Scooby Doo and gang met Batman,

WAIT how could I forget this one...

...Scoob's also had quite the guest list recently... plus KIss, Elvira and Bill Nye in the movies.

• Like 1

I still remember from childhood when one of the Harlem Globetrotters pulled a spare tire for the mystery machine out of his afro. I'm not entirely convinced I didn't hallucinate it though, since that's all I remember from the episode that isn't actually from the TV Funhouse Globetrotters short.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:21 AM, Mr. Vee said:

I still remember from childhood when one of the Harlem Globetrotters pulled a spare tire for the mystery machine out of his afro. I'm not entirely convinced I didn't hallucinate it though, since that's all I remember from the episode that isn't actually from the TV Funhouse Globetrotters short.

I think I know the one you're talking about. The gang is driving down a road and the Mystery Machine keeps breaking down in front of various spooky locations. Each time, the special guest star pulls out exactly what's needed to fix it, so they don't have to go visit the creepy place. Finally, Fred gets annoyed and just runs the van into a tree. It aired on Cartoon Network, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Ulysses Dare
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1