+5% Range Experienced Marksman question

Snarky

MiDs is acting like the +5% Range set bonus from this Experienced Marksman PvP set is different than the +5% range bonus from say Bombardment.  Letting me take 5 on the +5% from Bombardment and then another +5 from EM.  Is this correct?

No, they're both "Moderate Increased Range." The PvP-specific range bonuses are separate from the non-PvP-specific ones but Experienced Marksman's bonus is active in PvE as well.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

couldnt squueze them all on anyways.  Wanted to but was softcapping ranged defense.  Another of my mad projects.  A ghost marine AR/Dev/Munitions.  And yes, I will take the BFG, um, LRM.  lulz.  its got a 225.8ft range.  so what if its slow and does knockback.  That crap is priceless.

• Like 1

Apropos of (almost) nothing:  Experienced Marksman is one of those PVP sets that almost never makes it into any of my builds. Scrappers/Stalkers who pick up Epic snipes always got for Sting of the Manticore; Blasters usually have other better options (including ATO). I think I have one cone-favoring Blaster (with a Snipe taken at a low level) where I crunched the numbers and the (boosted) PVP set turned out to be the best choice for that build... without using the Fast Snipe piece. A lot of the calculus on this character involved consideration of the levels of content I often play. I know that I didn't make the change of Enhancements for this character until after the change to the range on Fast Snipes... prior to that change I felt like my Blaster had a really good balance with the ranges of his attack powers and would use the (Fast) Snipe to pick off enemies that don't move (e.g. Snipers, Marksmen) or enemies that start running away. I was seriously tempted to change one of the slots to a Range IO 50+5, but it was the imbalance between ranges in Fast/Slow Snipes that bothered me more than whatever the final number was.

When I get Experienced Marksmen recipe drops, I almost always craft them for spins of the converter roulette wheel.

• Like 1

Ghost Marines . . . That's secksi.

MARINES WE ARE LEAVING! on Make a GIF

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 4/6/2023 at 11:09 PM, Snarky said:

And yes, I will take the BFG, um, LRM.

I took it on mine and yes it's fun.  The damage is okay but if you proc it up it's almost another nuke.  With the recharge and cast time you'll be capped on the proc chances.  Plus you don't need to put any endurance cost reduction in it, because the cast time is so long you'll get the end back naturally by the time it's done casting.  If you have enough +accuracy set bonuses then you really only need to slot for damage and recharge, which leaves plenty of room for procs.

The main downside is that on teams the cast time meant that I could almost never use it.  It would always get interrupted or the mobs would already be dead.  Sometimes there would be another group over there that we hadn't engaged yet and here we go, finally my time to shine, but it seemed like there was always that one mob that insisted on throwing an attack my way and interrupting that long, slow windup.

I'm remaking the toon on another server and I'm going to try going another direction this time, maybe proccing up the sleep grenade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1