(Scrapper) Energy Aura Entropic Aura Taunt Duration

SomeGuy

I get a CRAZY amount of runners on my EnA scrappers compared to my rad armor/bio scrappers. CoD shows Entropic Aura and Beta Decay, Evolving Armor. Against all Odds, and Invincibility as the same Mag 3 Taunt, but the duration is significantly different. EA shows a 2.25s Taunt duration whereas BD, EA, AoO, and Invinc have a 13.6s duration.

Entropic Aura

Taunt Mag 3 2.25s Duration

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.energy_aura.entropy_shield&at=scrapper

image.png.6bd13b43d12dfb09451743644b27398d.png

Beta Decay

Taunt Mag 3 13.6s Duration

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.radiation_armor.beta_decay&at=scrapper

image.png.f90317f97a48426f351992e0604af719.png

Evolving Armor is identical in taunt to Beta Decay.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.bio_organic_armor.adaptation&at=scrapper

image.png.b7c7d1cc4d1542b47261c63b3235905b.png

Invincible in Invulnerability  is also identical to BD/EA.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.invulnerability.invincibility&at=scrapper

image.png.a9c306cf827f84cb91213e42eb1027b9.png

Against all Odds in Shield Defense

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.shield_defense.against_all_odds&at=scrapper

image.png.3018d99b68ac7fdd5c9f40cb5d92c2af.png

I did notice Willpower's RttC Taunt is Mag 3 but is only a 1.25s duration.

Taunt Mag 3 1.25s Duration

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.willpower.rise_to_the_challenge&at=scrapper

image.png.bfad7792f97a8f876dcb98e9ebc0b216.png

The sets with a 13.6s duration I am not noticing anything crazy. When taken down to the 2.25s duration of Entropic Aura they just bolt. I have no recent experience with Willpower but if the duration is the cause of this, then the 1.25s duration in RttC is concerning.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with you, but the devs have been pretty vocal about not expanding taunt on scrappers. You may need to roll an /EA brute if you want the stronger taunt.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Yeah, if the issue that would prevent the OP from being implemented is that the devs don't want to increase taunt effects for just Scrappers, then it is a non-issue.

Tanker Willpower:

100% chance

1.25 second Taunt (Mag 3)

if target.HasTag?(Raid) && (@ToHitRoll + 0.2 < @ToHit)

The issue isn't Scrapper versus Tanker. The issue is there are apparently two sets that have no mentionable taunt in their aura taunt effects. My /Willpower brutes have no mob holding ability. I didn't even know RttC even had a taunt component. So I agree with the OP. RttC and Entropic Aura should have their durations upped to the 13.6 seconds every other set has.

4 hours ago, Fade said:

Brute's Entropic Aura seems to be limited to 2.25 sec as well: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=brute_defense.energy_aura.entropy_shield&at=brute

That's only for iTrials and the like. The normal Taunt from Fury is below that, where it executes the Fury Proc Aura power.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Rudra said:

Tanker Willpower:

100% chance

1.25 second Taunt (Mag 3)

The issue isn't Scrapper versus Tanker. The issue is there are apparently two sets that have no mentionable taunt in their aura taunt effects. My /Willpower brutes have no mob holding ability. I didn't even know RttC even had a taunt component. So I agree with the OP. RttC and Entropic Aura should have their durations upped to the 13.6 seconds every other set has.

You are incorrect. Tankers and brutes have a 14.96/13.6 second Mag 4 Taunt in RTTC. My WP brute holds mobs just fine.

Apply "Execute Power" (all affected targets)
Redirects.Inherents.Gauntlet_Proc_Aura

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=redirects.inherents.gauntlet_proc_aura&at=tanker

Redirects.Inherents.Fury_Proc_Aura

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=redirects.inherents.fury_proc_aura&at=brute

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Uun said:

You are incorrect. Tankers and brutes have a 14.96/13.6 second Mag 4 Taunt in RTTC. My WP brute holds mobs just fine.

Redirects.Inherents.Gauntlet_Proc_Aura

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=redirects.inherents.gauntlet_proc_aura&at=tanker

Redirects.Inherents.Fury_Proc_Aura

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=redirects.inherents.fury_proc_aura&at=brute

I am? Because here is where I got that information from:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=tanker_defense.willpower.rise_to_the_challenge&at=tanker

It's kind of funny that this thread is about RttC and Entropic Aura, but you are citing... let me check your links... Fury and Gauntlet? Which is not what the OP is talking about.

Edit: Also, I'm curious as to what you do with your /Willpower brtue as opposed to what I do with mine. Mobs are more than happy to just up and run from mine unless I'm smashing their faces. They don't stay there if they are on my flanks/behind me where my attacks can't hit. (Edit again: Which is why I didn't even know that RttC even had a taunt effect. Because RttC doesn't seem to taunt anything. As stated in my post you quoted.)

Edited by Rudra

14 hours ago, Vanden said:

That's only for iTrials and the like. The normal Taunt from Fury is below that, where it executes the Fury Proc Aura power.

I see where I went wrong. I was missing the highlighted parts of the following (using Entropic Aura from Brutes as the example):

100% chance

2.25 second Taunt (Mag 3)

if !target.HasTag?(Raid) && (target>enttype eq 'critter')

100% chance

So in Raids, you get the 2.25sec taunt. Otherwise (including raids, or no?) you get the standard Fury proc, which includes a 13.6sec taunt. Meanwhile, the Scrapper is still only getting a 2.25sec taunt from Entropic Aura because they obviously don't get the Fury proc.

Interestingly, the Scrapper version of Entropic Aura also has the "if !target.HasTag?(Raid)" tag on it. Seems to be true of other taunt auras as well, even though they all seem to work outside of raids, so I'm not sure if that tag means what it seems to mean on the surface.

But anyway, all of that was a diversion from the point of the OP, so that's my bad.

59 minutes ago, Rudra said:

On the page you linked:

image.thumb.png.223ade782c6d8139c254d69be17e80b5.png

This was how they fixed the WP (and EA) taunt aura for tanks and brutes a few years ago to address this very issue. All tanks and brutes now have taunt auras with the same mag and duration.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uun said:

On the page you linked:

image.thumb.png.223ade782c6d8139c254d69be17e80b5.png

This was how they fixed the WP (and EA) taunt aura for tanks and brutes a few years ago to address this very issue. All tanks and brutes now have taunt auras with the same mag and duration.

Gauntlet also has the raid tag.

Standard Effects

100% chance

Child Effects

100% chance

14.96 second Taunt (Mag 4)

100% chance

14.96 second Taunt (Mag 4)

if !target.HasTag?(Raid)

0.5 PPM

6.0 second Taunt (Mag 4)

Edit: And is single target only. So how does that work for an 8-feet radius aura? Best you can claim is a 6 second taunt.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to change "Also" to "Gauntlet also".

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

What that means is that if the target has the raid tag, the power requires a tohit roll.

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

if !target.HasTag?(Raid)

What that means is that if the target doesn't have the raid tag, the power is autohit. (The exclamation mark means doesn't have.)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Uun said:

What that means is that if the target has the raid tag, the power requires a tohit roll.

What that means is that if the target doesn't have the raid tag, the power is autohit. (The exclamation mark means doesn't have.)

Wanna try again? (This is where the link goes. No exclamation marks.)

Capture.JPG

Edited by Rudra

And here is where the provided Fury link goes: (Looks unsurprisingly similar.) (Edit: Darn those raid tags on the long durations you cited.)

Edit again: Okay, I see the exclamation marks now. It's at the start rather than the tag.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Rudra

11 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Wanna try again? (This is where the link goes. No exclamation marks.)

image.thumb.png.973cfac75a33b7cb0df18e62e69523d4.png

You missed my self-correction. I saw it when I posted the Fury post.

Edit: I still want to know why mobs in my RttC aura run away so often if it has such a taunt effect though. As opposed to your brutes apparently.

Edited by Rudra