Incarnate Omega powers

So just a thought, what if the omega power was something that activates when you are defeated? They could be separated into categories. Obviously the amount of buffing/debuffing, damage etc would vary and be balanced per effect. I would also probably say, that any buffs and debuffs would be non-stacking. 

Attacks:

-Pbaoe explosion

-attack that spreads like an electrical attack or beam rifle

-patch attack like ignite

Buff:

-Non-stackable vengeance clone

-Pbaoe heal

Debuffs:

-pbaoe -regen

-pbaoe -end

-pbaoe -dam

-pbaoe -resistance

Control:

-pbaoe hold

-pbaoe stun

-pbaoe sleep

-pbaoe confusion

-reverse KB(blackhole?)

Summon:

-upon your defeat X number of Y mobs are summoned and attack your enemies(think like rubbles or the little clockwork)

Transform:

-upon defeat, you are transformed into X for Y seconds. You are untargetable by allies while in X form, and you cannot receive healing or buffs. (Think kamikaze warwolf)

• Like 2

It's an interesting idea, but I don't really like the idea of an entire category of powers that only work when you are defeated.  What if they only triggered while at very low health, instead?  Alternatively, I could see an additional destiny or 2 that can do something like rez yourself or only work once you are defeated...

The only powers that have worked on death are targeted (Someone using you/targeting you) or self-only. Creating a set of powers tied to Incarnates that do this would not really fly well I feel.

Secondly and only partially related, it's highly unlikely we'll see the Omega slot. Not impossible, but unlikely. Filling in the new slots means creating new powers and until we have more content where Incarnate Powers are truly needed? Yeah, no.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

They have a pretty solid idea of what the Omega Incarnates were supposed to be. The yearly AMA with former Devs after the game shut down covered this pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

11 hours ago, biostem said:

It's an interesting idea, but I don't really like the idea of an entire category of powers that only work when you are defeated.  What if they only triggered while at very low health, instead?  Alternatively, I could see an additional destiny or 2 that can do something like rez yourself or only work once you are defeated...

Well, I figure it helps against power creep somewhat. You don't gain a whole lot from it yourself, but you can help your team. Also, it would help you clear the spawn that killed you or for those times that you die and the mob that got you is on its last hit as well. I picked Omega slot, because its thematic with a power pick that activates upon your death. There is a slight precedent for this as well, there is a perm/temp power that makes you explode and die. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah it was vengeance + fallout + teleport ally. Basically just teleport a dead ally into a pack of mobs then hit fallout.

Obviously with the game getting faster and more streamlined, this technique quickly died out

On 4/15/2023 at 8:37 AM, Shadeknight said:

The only powers that have worked on death are targeted (Someone using you/targeting you) or self-only. Creating a set of powers tied to Incarnates that do this would not really fly well I feel.

Secondly and only partially related, it's highly unlikely we'll see the Omega slot. Not impossible, but unlikely. Filling in the new slots means creating new powers and until we have more content where Incarnate Powers are truly needed? Yeah, no.

Also the fact that filling in those slots would need massive manpower for animation, power creation, etc. It's not just a content issue.

As you said we may see the slots filled in. But I would bet that won't be until 2030 at the earliest.

• Thumbs Down 1