Jump to content
The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Weapon draw animation


Recommended Posts

So currently broadsword and such pull from over the shoulder, while katana draws from the hip. Is there any way to make the location the weapon is drawn from selectable? We can have weapons shown when not active now, but the location is based on their draw animation location. Personally i would like to be able to draw a rapier or such from my hip rather than over the shoulder, while my ninja might want the katana on his back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Communistpenguin said:

So currently broadsword and such pull from over the shoulder, while katana draws from the hip. Is there any way to make the location the weapon is drawn from selectable? We can have weapons shown when not active now, but the location is based on their draw animation location. Personally i would like to be able to draw a rapier or such from my hip rather than over the shoulder, while my ninja might want the katana on his back.

I'd like this, but I think the animation may be tied to the 2-handed nature of katana vs 1-handed for broadsword.  It would be interesting to see it rigged up, though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, biostem said:

I'd like this, but I think the animation may be tied to the 2-handed nature of katana vs 1-handed for broadsword.  It would be interesting to see it rigged up, though...

The katana in the ninja training blaster set is 2-handed and pulls from the back. 👍

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ebo said:

The katana in the ninja training blaster set is 2-handed and pulls from the back. 👍

Yes but it pulls with one and and switches to a two handed stance. IIRC the katana pulls from the hip in a very samurai fashion transitioning smoothly into that iconic stance. I am not saying I am opposed to the idea, just pointing out what you would be getting with a broadsword being drawn like a katana. Though, aren’t there broadsword looking options in katana?

Edited by Marbing

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a "one-handed weapon drawn from the hip" animation that would work - it's mostly used by low-level minions to draw knives and daggers. Assuming it works on both Female and Huge models in addition to Male, and a flying version exists, it would work for Broadsword et. al. But just having the animation is only a small piece of the work that would have to be done.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...