Base Contest Announcement!

Dacy

Base Contest Community Choice Voting  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which base do you feel deserves the Community Choice Award for 2023? (Bases listed alphabetically by shard)

• Crash Castle CRASHCASTLE-26019 Everlasting
    • The Dark Coven DARKCOVEN-5519 Everlasting
    • The Deep Star DEEP-16353 Everlasting
    • Dryad's Tree DRYAD-20249 Everlasting
    • Lake EXPLOREONFOOT-20176 Everlasting
    • Firebrand Island FORTUNE-13524 Everlasting
    • Hidden Isle PIRATE-16369 Everlasting
    • Lava. LAVA-24772 Everlasting
    • Rampage City RAMPAGE-27317 Everlasting
    • Vault Luxe VAULTLUXE-17647 Everlasting
    • The Divine DIVINE-1512 Excelsior
    • Shades of Arachnos 315-6811 Excelsior
    • The Station STATION-18074 Excelsior
    • Super Nation SN-9845 Excelsior
    • Wild West All-Stars WWAS-16037 Excelsior

This poll is closed to new votes

There are a handful of things we all need to remember.

The City of Heroes Community is small.  The Homecoming: CoX community is smaller.  Those with an interest in bases and base building on Homecoming is smaller.  And those willing to participate in any contests is smaller still, whether you're a builder or just have an interest.

But the one thing to walk away from this is with is that everyone's passion is undeniable.  Lessons will be learned, and there will be future contests (hopefully).  And hopefully, this contest along with the timing of the latest patch with all of the new base tools, will help ignite more interest in bases and base building on Homecoming.

We can do better.  We will do better.  I want to thank @Dacy and @Easter Bunny and the other GMs for giving our community this gift and opportunity.  Hopefully we'll see more in the future.

• Like 5

@Dythok - ( Conventus on Everlasting )

"I am my scars."
Proud MFing Warshade

https://www.twitch.tv/dythok

Word of mouth is going to affect people's decisions no matter what form a public vote takes.

At the end of the day, the community poll was a way for people to tell base owners/creators "Hey! We really like your stuff, and would like to see more of it!"

As the person whose base got the least votes on the poll, I'm not discouraged by any of this. What I do see are two fantastic bases that people really, really liked and still like well enough to keep fighting for even after the polling has ended. But the community poll wasn't a contest to pick the winner, this was a way to say "I like your stuff!"

Even if everyone who voted for Vault Luxe and Rampage voted three times (which didn't happen, the votes aren't cleanly divisible by 3), Vault Luxe and Rampage would still be in first and second place. That's a level of enthusiasm I find really wonderful. Over a hundred people loved those bases and would like to see more of them; or would like to see them refined and expanded on; or were otherwise just absolutely floored by what can be done in a janky, twenty year old tetris minigame.

My only recommendation for future contests would be: give everyone up to three votes, but only let them vote for any single base once. That makes it a little clearer that the vote isn't entirely about picking a winner, but sending a kudos to creators whose work really impressed.

Thank you Dacy. Thank you Easter Bunny. You both worked hard on this, and I know the extra stress of the polls closing earlier than you intended has been bothering you. You ran a great contest and I do hope you'll do more. This was really fun, thank you for letting me participate!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Community Rep

Poptartsninja, I like your style. And you are one heck of a base builder, a real up and comer. I look forward to seeing your stuff, in or out of a contest . 🙂 Your attitude and outlook is a victory all in and of itself. I hope it's contagious.

Conventus, you are awesome. And I hope you know it. 

Aalya and GM Crumpet, I appreciate the support, Macchiato, I appreciated the apology, thank you.

It was really nice to read the last couple of posts, and it seems like the atmosphere is...better. 🙂

I really hope people do vote. I am sorry for the inconvenience and the do over, but I am sure the vote will have the same result...unless the people who voted for the leaders don't vote this time, of course.

-Dacy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Game Master

At the request of the CR's I'm closing this thread. Thanks to everyone who commented, the passion demonstrated the love for the incredible talent and dedication of everyone who entered their bases for the competition. Lessons have been learned moving forward, and to those who entered, thank you. Sadly there are going to be winners and not-winners, but there are no losers here. The designs were all of exceptional quality and showcased the artistry of the players. I'm proud of each and every one of you and am glad to be part of the community that has people like you in it.

GM Crumpet

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2