Patron Power Pools

Aiax

Just a quick question 🙂

I did do a quick search but couldn't find the answer...

Do the tanker changes (aoe caps, cone arc etc..) apply to the patron power pool powers?

Thank you!

The Tanker AoE radius and Cone Arc bonuses apply.  But as far as I can tell, APP/PPP powers already have the higher target caps for any AT that uses them (i.e. 10 for cones, 16 for AoEs) so these are no different on Tankers than anyone else.

Weird thing I just noticed... Shiver has a cone arc of 135 degrees.  Normally, cones this wide are explicitly disallowed from the Tanker arc bonus, but I don't see any such exception in City of Data for Arctic->Shiver.   202 degree "cone"?  I wonder if that actually works or if the game limits it at 180.

• 1 month later

I never use the patron power pools because of the ever important focused accuracy toggle in energy mastery. However, perhaps I could sacrifice my shield tanker since it has the best defense of all my tankers and probably does not need focused accuracy so much. Dark Obliteration huh? My electric/shield tanker does love aoe. Thanks for the idea.

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

2 hours ago, Mythical Creature said:

I never use the patron power pools because of the ever important focused accuracy toggle in energy mastery. However, perhaps I could sacrifice my shield tanker since it has the best defense of all my tankers and probably does not need focused accuracy so much. Dark Obliteration huh? My electric/shield tanker does love aoe. Thanks for the idea.

It just really depends on your tankers goals and the state of slotting as to whether you feel taking focus accuracy/do or dont take patron sets instead, especially if you're already running tactics(which also benefits the team) since its a higher tohit buff value than f-a is.

Piggy backing off this: I have an Elec/DM Tanker I’m currently working on. I’m thinking of picking up Char, since it’ll allow me to slot the Entomb +Absorb proc. Just a nice little extra mitigation. After that though… not sure how to slot it/if it’s worth fully procing out or putting slots in. Anyone have an example of how they slot it out?

I could always go Focus Accuracy as well, but I’m already picking up tactics.

Soul generally has the most going for it with Gloom being such a good single target attack, Dark Obliteration being a solid AoE, and Darkest Night providing that juicy -30% dmg debuff.

Hard to compete with all that, and I wouldn't skip all that for focused accuracy unless there were other reasons. Soul mastery is both power pick intensive and slot intensive to get the most out of it. Tankers usually want all of leadership and fighting which doesnt leave much room for heavy ancillary investment. If you don't have at least 3 power picks available and the slots to fuel it then Soul Mastery's value drops quickly. Focused Accuracy is a bit too passive for me and I generally find it's convenience as an easy 1 power pick up to not be favorable over the utility lost from choosing a different ancillary. Proc Bomb Arctic Breath is my new lovechild looking at Leviathan Mastery in a new light. Sitting at -47.5% resist debuff when both procs go off makes it a great choice for a more offensive oriented team tanker.

Currently on fire.

Leviathan has a nice cone -res & KD power for tankers.  The ranged AoE immob & damage powers in Mu are easy to use and effective.  I'm not a fan of Mace Mastery on tankers.  All of them, AFAIK, *do* benefit from the tanker's increased AoE/cone radius.

17 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

Focused Accuracy is a bit too passive for me and I generally find it's convenience as an easy 1 power pick up to not be favorable over the utility lost from choosing a different ancillary.

For Tankers that want to be the focus of all attention, that also means being the focus of all debuffs.  Fine if you have the defense to avoid most of them, but I don't build for fragile defense on resistance tankers.  It is too easily stripped.  I'd rather have bonuses that stay with me always.  Not just against certain enemies.  So for me that means debuff resistance to go with my damage resistance.  FA is difficult to skip for that.  I'd definitely consider other picks on Defense-based tankers though.

• Like 1