Energy/Bio Primary and AT?

Sipps2

I'm looking at playing  /bio I currently have in mind playing energy/bio scrapper but im wondering if this combo is better on brute? I know energy was super strong for while did that get changed recently or is it still pretty OP? or even if theres a better powerset that fits with Bios offensive capabilities? Open to all suggestions and comments.

Edited by Sipps2

looking at the fantastic test results, scrapper would be the best bet for energy melee, followed by tank

in my opinion and looking at the linked data, brutes are rarely the optimal melee AT in the modern area, save for a few very minor exceptions

edit: i would also recommend creating an energy melee stalker on test. the ability to control your crits plus quick-AS makes it a ridiculously good ST damage combo

Edited by MoonSheep
  • Like 2

I’m with MoonSheep on this one and would go Scrapper or Stalker. 

Energy Melee on either of those ATs are ridiculously good for ST burst damage. You can join any team and deliver instant value by 2-shotting bosses… it’s amazing.

Tanker is alright. You can get the most AoE out of this combo on a Tanker with the increased radius/targets on Whirling Hands & Power Crash. 

And yeah, don’t really see any reason to choose it on a Brute in the game’s current state.

• Like 1

One of my best Tankers is EM/Bio. Being able to hit ST for 600+ while still keeping a tanks durability feels extremely satisfying, and the AoE isn't that bad either if you slot whirling hands with damage procs. So it has respectable AoE, and strong ST, by tanker standards, and is capable of +4 afk farming if that is an activity you are interested in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

edit: i would also recommend creating an energy melee stalker on test. the ability to control your crits plus quick-AS makes it a ridiculously good ST damage combo

Thanks for the info. I love stalkers, I main an electric/nin stalker but he struggles a far amount. could /bio hold its own?

Honestly EM/Bio is a great pairing. I personally play it as a Stalker myself. But I also have Bio Armor on Tankers, Brutes, and Scrappers. I think survivability they can all be made fairly resilient. EM is a great set overall as well.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with this pairing.

3 hours ago, Sipps2 said:

Thanks for the info. I love stalkers, I main an electric/nin stalker but he struggles a far amount. could /bio hold its own?

it could hold a place in the morgue

stalkers are relatively squishy, i just carry a T3 wakie and get on with things if i go down

if you aint dying you aint living

As an old Brute player….the heyday is long over.  Beyond the great Brute Fury nerf from live….

Tanker and Scrapper ATOs are much stronger and Tanks are getting never ending buffs and upgrades on HC.  

The days of Brutes being near the best at anything are long gone.  

• Like 1