Purchasable power: parachute

Wouldn’t it be neat to have a power to float down carefully instead of plummeting like a cryptocurrency stock to the pavement in a trail of screams? You could have a couple different styles: soap bubble, magic floaty disc, military chute, etc.

Yes, it wouldn’t be a super useful power, but it would be so awesome to jump off a ledge and deploy the Bat Wings or whatever.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

24 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

It may not necessarily have a lot of salience, but could be a useful addition.

... plus potential badge challenges could be created with it. Possibly. (Though they'd probably have to be locked out of attempts in Pocket D or the Shard. Then again, I think Portal or Portal 2 had a "fall time" achievement of some sort and you could set yourself up wherever you wanted there...)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Only if 1/20 pulls was an anvil or a pig, with the resulting looney toon plummet to death, leaving a crater in the ground.

And maybe 1/30 is a rocket that shoots the character up to zone limit and explodes the character in fireworks?