In game intruding on real world

So after I stopped tonight, I found myself doing work on my desktop and making motions with my hands to turn in the screen! On the desktop.  Perhaps I am tired, but it was funny.  Just can't face a different direction inside youtube!

• Haha 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

The disconnects can get embarrassing. I still remember the first time I kept clicking on a window on my screen trying to get it to pop up over another window that was partially obscuring it... and then realized that the 'other window' was a sheet of paper that I'd leaned up against the monitor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Other than significant use of flight in-game boosting my rem-stage dreams of flying after a meal of mushroom pizza, I've not had any real world experiences.  The game usually messes with me when I switch over to another game, and my muscle memory of controls is all skewed.

In the city where I work, there are countless little concrete markers with brass plaques that greatly resemble those in CoH.

Every time I pass one, I have to fight the urge to pull over and click on it.

Even when the game was dead!

• Thumbs Up 4

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Once, when CoH was still live I was I went to pick up my nephew from some school function that had him and his little friends all sweaty and as I handed out water bottles I said "Gather for RA".  Didn't even realize it until my nephew called me out on it (he played a little with me supervising when he was like 8).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

5 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Once, when CoH was still live I was I went to pick up my nephew from some school function that had him and his little friends all sweaty and as I handed out water bottles I said "Gather for RA".  Didn't even realize it until my nephew called me out on it (he played a little with me supervising when he was like 8).

All hail RA!

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

On 5/4/2023 at 11:03 PM, wjrasmussen said:

making motions with my hands to turn in the screen

You mean the WASD controls?  I've done that too after logging off. 

There's also a little plaque/marker in front of a building I walk by going to work, I keep wanting to mouse my little blue hand over it to read it...

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

52 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You mean the WASD controls?  I've done that too after logging off. 

There's also a little plaque/marker in front of a building I walk by going to work, I keep wanting to mouse my little blue hand over it to read it...

Yep.  To be honest, the mouse didn't work for that either! 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!