Personal Favorites

Doogleburg

Hey all, 

Quick backstory about my playstyle. I mainly play Scrapper or Brute because those are easy enough to Solo +4 +8 Content when I'm not feeling up to grouping. However, I have always loved the Blaster/Corr playstyle and in Live I always played a Glass canon style. 

I am currently looking for everyone's favorite Solo Corr build that may require skill.. But I don't want to have to time every single thing I do perfectly and if I miss a step I'm done for. I don't mind a challenge, but I'm also looking to get on and have fun without giga frustration from dying every mob because I missed a click. 

Open to any and all builds or suggestions. 

I would prefer builds as I have attempted to build several in MIDS but I just cant get the Numbers right for Def/Res because I don't have all of the set bonuses memorized and I don't know what I keep missing. 

I've had pretty good results with a sonic/sonic - my general strategy is I rely on stealth + a stealth IO to allow me to get close enough to use siren's call to put most of the group to sleep, then pick off the remaining enemies with single target attacks.  Lacking a self heal, I'll try fit in aid self or otherwise keep enough green insp's on hand to make up for the shortfall in that area.  Sonic dispersion usually offers enough resistance and status protection to keep me on my feet, and if we're talking end game stuff, IO set bonuses and incarnates can easily plug any holes...

Edited by biostem
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, tjknight said:

Fire/Time/Soul is my all time favorite corruptor and was pretty smooth sailing to level 50. 

Fire/Time/Soul was going to be one of the two I would suggest as well.

My other favorite was Ice/Dark/Mace

Both felt incredibly durable and dropped significant damage.

Oddball suggestion (and a wonky build) but I really enjoy my Beam/Kin/Mace. Clarion Core is a must for mez protection. 

Single target chain includes Siphon Speed which stacked up helps push the recharge of Aim and the Nuke down. Fulcrum Shift then Nuke. Take down bosses first, wipe up the rest. 

Probably not the fastest Corr but solos really well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another vote for Fire/Time/Soul. I also really enjoy Ice/Kin/Mace. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I really enjoyed playing an Energy Blast/Kinetics Corrupter.

Energy Blast provides some of the safety Kinetics lacks via mass knockback. Kinetics means damage cap and unlimited energy, eventually. Its a fun levelling build with frequent milestones.

By the time I'd hit 50 I was pretty much soft-capped for all Defence positions, and able to run +4/x8 Council missions, opening each group with a Fulcrum-shifted nuke, then picking off the bosses, and then my nuke was recharged for the next group.