Homage to Sakura Chan

smnolimits43

So I'm trying to make a Tank/Healer.  Sakura does both incredible damage with her fists, and she is a superior medical ninja.  She is the apprentice of the 4th or 5th Hokage, i cant remember which.  The only way i see this working, is if i go Willpower/Super Strength/Medicine.  What do you guys think ???

First off totally unfamiliar with this character.  But a lot of it depends on the relativity of the phrase " incredible damage with her fists".  As in incredible compared to other characters her level or the general non-super populace.  The later opens the door to many more options.  *cough* my Empaths certainly do massive amounts more damage at 50 as they do at 10th but at the same time no where near the pretty orange numbers of an incarnated Blaster.

Rebirth or other incarnate abilities could also be a direction to add extreme numbers

The only problem with the Medicine pool, as I see it (unless the power animation is adjustable), is it's a handheld device that heals.  If that works, conceptually, then great.

The only tank armor I know of that heals others is Radiation, with Ground Zero's group heal.  I agree with @honoroit that the Sorcery Pool has some nifty options (Spirit Ward and Enflame for teammates, Rune of Protection for you).  The Experimentation Pool also has some team support in Experimental Injection.

I'm also not familiar with the canon, but your first choice of SS does have great punching attacks and animations.  Foot stomp can be altered to be a punching attack on the ground.  Energy Melee (glowing fists) or Martial Arts (mostly kicking attacks) might be applicable secondaries with the animations of EM, but the +def of Storm Kick would complement a resistance armor, like Rad.  With RoP, you can spare some resist build and get some decent defense numbers, just be wary of debuffers. 

As @Doomguide2005 also noted, once you unlock the incarnate system, there are a lot of additional options, like the aforementioned heal in Rebirth Destiny.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

(she gets beat up a lot, kind of meme. for decades, shes been getting beaten up)

shes strong, gathers chakra in her body for a long time, and can release it explosively. 

she's mainly a hand-to-hand fighter when needing to, using taijutsu, and thats really secondary to her skills as a medical ninja - where she can heal horrific wounds.

(one of the best from the original series, but its more about chiyo than sakura)

Just now, SeraphimKensai said:

Radiation Armor/Super Strength with Sorcery for Spirit Ward with Rebirth Destiny sounds like combining heals with strength to me.

Problem with Rad Armor is the visual effects.  You can't (currently) get rid of them.  There's no Minimal FX option.  Best you can do is minimize them by going to the dark end of the Bright customization option.  But that still leaves a dim aura that looks like smoke around you at floor level and the "spinning ping pong balls" of that armor toggle.

I am also unfamiliar with the canon here, but if "Medical Ninja" includes healing oneself then yeah, Willpower fits that as well as anything in Tankerdom and also fits a natural theme.

Also, Ground Zero isn't a particularly good heal.  Not the amount, that is, which is okay.  But the recharge time.   It's about as good a heal coming from a Tanker as a Defender's aura heal... but that's one shot.  The Defender can spam that aura heal every few seconds.  Even with a lot of recharge, that Ground Zero is only happening once every 24ish seconds or so.

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

Problem with Rad Armor is the visual effects.  You can't (currently) get rid of them.  There's no Minimal FX option.  Best you can do is minimize them by going to the dark end of the Bright customization option.  But that still leaves a dim aura that looks like smoke around you at floor level and the "spinning ping pong balls" of that armor toggle.

It is my hope for an eventual no fx option here. I love the rad armor set, but the fx auras can stifle some design options.

From what I remember of Sakura, is that she was mainly there to dott over Sasuke, and help heal Naruto. After she hones her training under Tsunade, she is able to enhance her physical chakra to have effectively super strength. I don't recall her really healing herself much, but it's been years since I've seen it. I'm guessing that she probably could heal herself.

That said Willpower/SS might work well enough for her although if you can get over the animations popping GZ every 25 or so seconds in-between burst from Rebirth still results in some decent healing.

9 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

but it's been years since I've seen it.

boruto is pretty good for a tame shonen. by now, were all master filler/slice-of-life episode skippers.

its gone on break tho, theyre doing a time skip like they did with shiipuden.

but hell's paradise, thats a good (mappa) ninja show:

You can make Corruptors and Defenders pretty damned tanky with defense I/O sets and the S/L resist of Temp Invulnerability from the Power Mastery pool.  Then you could heal ALOT (thinking Empathy), but your attacks would be more blasty than fisty.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I know you said you wanted a Tank, but I could envision some cool ideas with a Ninja/Pain (or Emp) MM. You can round out the "medic ninja with strength" concept by grabbing Cross Punch and Knockout Blow from Leviathan Mastery so you can mix it up in melee.

Not perfect, but just an idea.

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Alright, i didnt know that you could change the animation for Foot Stomp to a Fist Attack.  Secondly i went with Willpower/ Super Strength.  I am currently lvl 23.  Also, Sakura is capable of healing herself and her teamates.  I'm working on the Striga Isle story missions. I already have a Ninja/Empath MM named Lady Grams.  I started that character as a homage to Tsunade.  However, i roleplay her as a Ninja puppet master, that is also a medical ninja.  I'll have a look at the Sorcery powers, however, i dont really think it fits the concept for the character.  As for the medicine pool, i think i can roleplay it .  Also, thanks alot for getting back to me

11 hours ago, smnolimits42 said:

One more thing, how do i change the animation for Foot Stomp ??

At rhe tailor.

2 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

At rhe tailor.

image.thumb.png.3a3056c16f7fcfde8893d586de947577.png

Outside the concept, I think using a tanker for this won't mesh well with being a support role on the team.  The two conflict when you are the focus of aggression and at the same time trying to help someone.  You are bringing enemy fire down, in the form of AoE, on anyone you stand next to.  It is particularly bad against Nemesis who have a lot of AoE and explode-on-death enemies, but really most enemy groups have some AoE to watch out for.

I take the P2W temp rez and keep it charged because I often find it useful when nobody else has a wakie or is listening to the person asking for "a small orange" or whatever to make one themselves.  It's easier to just walk over and click the rez.    But doing it mid-battle is tricky with my tankers.  You kind of have to "joust" so that the rez power is activated close to the dead ally but you end up far enough away from them that AoEs don't get them dead immediately as they try to stand up.

You may have to do the same to pull off a mid-combat healing without doing more damage to the person you're trying to help.  Teleport Target is also nice for pulling people out of the fire but again, can be a problem to pull off with a tanker.  It's usually easier to taunt the whole fight away from someone (unless a controller "ally" has glued them all to the floor, of course).  But anyway, something to thing about.    You'd have to roleplay this as pulling someone physically away from the fight though because teleports are the only way to move an ally.

for sakura, id look at something non-flashy, but healing focused.

its rough with AT choices, because in konoha, your doing fighting whether you like it or not, specialization as a medic is for the field.

your filling contracts for the village, or bellies go empty. or your in a war by choice or similar contract.

empath defender would be good, maybe energy as a secondary  would work well, pain dom is a bit too mean for sakura...

controller with an empath secondary?  

youre still stuck with the fact that you need punches.

so I'm with the OP thought process there, super strength seems wise, martial arts, or street justice.

problem is healing with any beyond-only-RP effectiveness like that.

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

problem is healing with any beyond-only-RP effectiveness like that.

How is healing depicted in this show though? (honest question: I haven't ever watched it).  Healing in an MMO is honestly kind of weird if you stop and think about it.  You usually don't see someone in comics or movies being propped up in combat by healing.  Instant self regen like Wolverine?  Sure.  But otherwise they are much more often healed after being knocked down/out.   In other words, it looks more like rezzing in CoH than healing.   In that respect, Medicine.Resuscitate is plenty effective, even if used by a Tanker.  And you can use the P2W resuscitator as a lesser version of that until you obtain the pool power.

But yeah, it's not really a good match for how Tankers operate.  We prevent damage to allies.  We don't heal it (usually).  Granted, one of my Rad tankers does have the 3 million points healer badge, which is kind of hilarious, but that took well over 50 levels to attain.  Sounds like what's really needed here is something that doesn't exist on Homecoming: an SS/Emp melee defender.  

13 minutes ago, honoroit said:

basically shes a field medic / surgeon back at base.  heals with glowing green light, which is why id thought empathy.

So I scrubbed through that pretty quick but mostly what I saw is what I was expecting... in MMO terms this looks more like "rezzing" than healing.  You can RP this pretty easily with Resuscitate.  The Medicine pool in general is a good "field medic" kind of package in the "I'm not doing this while someone is still shooting rockets at you" kind of way.