I want to customize the fighting pool

I'm leveling up a hero with martial arts and love that I can choose the animation I want for the various attacks. I've also noticed that when I exemp down and need to put kick back in the lineup, that it feels...unimpressive. I'm doing all sorts of flashy, hard hitting moves, but I only do a little "eh" kick that is supposed to knock people down? 

So for the official suggestion: I think the fighting pool powers should each have a kick and punch option to customize the character. All the effects would be exactly the same. This is just a cosmetic change.

I'm hard set on this part, but here are some suggestions for animations to choose from:

Boxing: Initial Strike (from Street Justice) or the current Kick animation

Kick: Current Boxing animation or Thunder Kick (from Martial Arts)

Cross Punch: Current Cross Punch or Spinning Kick (From Martial Assault)

I'll admit I didn't look at every animation in the game, so feel free to suggest others--Frozen Fists without the ice would be a good example. The powers may also merit a renaming since they wouldn't be punch vs kick anymore, so we can brainstorm those too. To get that ball rolling, how about the fighting pool changing to:

-Spar

-Strike

-Tough

-Weave

-Sweep

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why not just rename Fighting to Boxing?  Three of the powers are already boxing or boxing terms.

We could....

Boxing

Kickboxing

Tough

Weave

Sweep

Maybe Boxing could have all punching options, and Kick could become Kickboxing with all kicking options.  Or a rotating/random attack, sort of how Brawl will switch hands for punches or do a kick when you have something in your hands.    Boxing could do either a Jab (Brawl left hand), Cross (Brawl Right hand), Hook (Crippling Axe Kick punch animation), or Uppercut (Cobra Strike alternate) style animation (talking actual boxing punches here, not necessarily power names) and Kickboxing could do Front Kick (Kick), Roundhouse (Thunder Kick), or Side Kick (Crane Kick) animations.  I'm sure someone creative could come up with more.  I don't even think there would need to be any changes to the powers themselves.  Although the Scrapper in me will always want Moar Damage.

Digging the Sweep idea from above. for Cross Punch (Cone).  Maybe Dragon's Tail animation for a kicking version?  Or Storm Kick.  Though, I suppose there's twoish of those these days for Storm Kick.  I mean the Scrapper one, but the Blaster one could work also.  

I think there's room to maybe add some +run speed in there as a bonus too, given how much running boxers historically do.  But someone will come in and scream "power creep" at me over something like that.

• Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, Aracknight said:

Maybe Boxing could have all punching options, and Kick could become Kickboxing with all kicking options.

Martial arts already offers both punching and kick animation options.  Simply provide something similar to the fighting pool attacks.  No need to go splitting up the pool...

3 minutes ago, Aracknight said:

There's no need for any of this at all. 

Right.  But people want new animations.  That, there is precedence for.  Splitting a power pool into one for punching and one for kicking is an unnecessary complication...

I didn't split a power pool into one for punching and one for kicking.  I said to rename the Fighting pool to Boxing, and have a power named Boxing that does punching animations, and a power named Kickboxing that does kicking animations.  I further wrote that perhaps the Boxing power could do one of four random animations to simulate the four classic boxing punches, and the Kickboxing power could do one of three random animations.  Sort of how Brawl will throw from either hand or do a kick. 

Then I added existing powers to draw those random animations from.

Thanks for letting me clarify my idea, and sorry for any misunderstanding.

• Thumbs Down 1

The Fighting pool is as an original pool.

I would rather the names of these powers remain the same.

Power-customization is not an issue. Many powers have customizations.  Power customizations don't change the powers names or how they function.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

A coned foot Sweep would be nice as opposed to the coned Cross Punch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Is the original Storm Kick animation still in the game?  You know, the one with the rapid kicks DoT style like Sands of Mu but with feet?  Because I'd love to see that added back in as an optional animation for the Speed -> Flurry attack if we're talking about optional pool attack animations.

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Is the original Storm Kick animation still in the game?  You know, the one with the rapid kicks DoT style like Sands of Mu but with feet?  Because I'd love to see that added back in as an optional animation for the Speed -> Flurry attack if we're talking about optional pool attack animations.

Oh man I remember that! We used to call it the "smell my foot" attack. Might be fun if we could get that as an alt animation for Flurry and Shadow Maul.

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker