Stealth mechanic Translucency replacements.

I've been laughing at this idea for ten minutes.  The cats are staring at me.

Fuzzy Puzz Glasses | Party City

Dump Translucency and slap that bad boy on our characters' faces when a stealth power is activated.

Do it.

DO IT.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

15 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

As hilarious as this idea is........it does inspire a question?

Is it possible for stealth/invis type powers to scan nearby foes then copy then apply the costume while stealthing?

You mean like how the chameleon suit in that one arc is supposed to but doesn't? The problem here is the substitution of in game models and how some models are not suited to a rather significant portion of available to player powers without significant rework.

Edit: For reference, any of the CoT spectrals, the Wailers, and Illusionists/Master Illusionists for example. And if it was worked so that the model was changed back to the player character when an attack was triggered but before the attack animated, players are going to complain about the delay in their attacks and the question of how easily the game can handle switching models.

Edited by Rudra

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

You mean like how the chameleon suit in that one arc is supposed to but doesn't? The problem here is the substitution of in game models and how some models are not suited to a rather significant portion of available to player powers without significant rework.

hey that suit works sometimes. Powers wouldn't matter because using a power would break the stealth and return you to your original costume......theoretically I mean.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

10 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

hey that suit works sometimes. Powers wouldn't matter because using a power would break the stealth and return you to your original costume......theoretically I mean.

You responded while I was re-expanding my response. Sorry.

Edit: And my comment about how easily the game can handle switching models is with the view that many times the game has difficulty just swapping between different outfits for my characters using my already prepared costume options. (Things like select formal outfit for Vanguard-Rikti meeting, and game leaves my character in standard adventure outfit for up to a minute or longer before finally changing looks.) So I'm wondering how well it can handle adding NPC appearances to the mix. Especially in light of missions like the Lords of Death arc in King's Row and the Matthew Habashy arc in Atlas Park where the game does replace your character with an NPC model and depending on your character's design, fails to even manage a full model swap.

Edited by Rudra

13 hours ago, biostem said:

We also need a cardboard box option and one where you cross your arms over your chest, like the Vampire LARP.

like a cardboard box metal gear style or would it be a coffin while you cross your arms? (asking for a friend)

• Haha 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?