i want quad expee

honoroit

10 hours ago, Greycat said:

Uhhh.... they were working on figuring out how to do PVP very early on. It didn't get *implemented* for a few issues after (the Arena opening,) but it was being talked about well before that - so I wouldn't call it being "shoehorned" in.

So I've been told, and I won't argue with those who were paying attention to Dev in those early days... but there's no question, IMVHO, that PvP is an 'add-on' to everything else the game is. There's no place it's integral to the fundamental gameplay, missions, advancement, etc. There's this gigantic, wonderful, complex game based on PvE, expanded with a rather weak "bad guys" mode... and then you can step outside of pretty much everything and beat on each other. I see shoehorn marks here no matter when or how the feature was planned.

As I said in some recent thread or another, CoX2 really should have PvP integral to the whole gameplay model, and choosing to be hero or villain should mean something more than which maps you can play. Places where heroes and villains could encounter each other should have varying degrees of controlled PvP. And then you can glue on Arenas and crap for those who just want to pound on each other.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com