Auction House Window Captures Keyboard

srmalloy

When you have the Auction House window open and drag an inspiration into the auction house, the AH window captures your keyboard input until you click outside the AH window. I noticed this happening during a Hami raid, where I was dragging the large inspirations that dropped into the AH to save for later, and then discovering that the various keyboard commands for the tray powers didn't work until I clicked outside of the auction house window. Recently, I discovered where the captures keystrokes were going -- after having keystrokes 'intercepted', when selecting a stored item in the auction house, the 'missing' keystrokes appear in the bid/minimum textfield of an item, disappearing if you close and reopen the AH window. I happened to have not closed the window before going to list extra EoEs for sale, and saw "2341136213" in the bid textfield for the inspiration, having appeared there even though I didn't have a stored item selected to enter a minimum for. I don't think that this form of 'stealth' bid entry is an intended or desired behavior, although I'm not sure how the problem would be corrected.

• Thanks 1

I have noticed this behavior as well, usually when I open or interact with an open AH window, and then try to open a popmenu via a keybind. The popmenu won't open until I click outside the AH window and press the keybind again.

What makes the keyboard input capture so annoying is that what you type goes into the bid textbox without the textbox being visible, so that you have no visual feedback about the capture; all you see is that your keystrokes don't seem to do anything.