Graphics Commands Now Vetted

Well, I broke down and looked over the various graphics slash commands at the wiki. Moved a bunch to the Non-functional and Unknown Functionality lists. Moved several from those lists to the Working Commands list, and vetted all of them. Tested commands and wrote up descriptions.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to reset my graphics settings because I mucked things up! Testing is dangerous! LOL There's still a few commands that I have no idea about, and I put most of those in the Unknown Functionality list. I am not a computer graphics expert and only barely know what I am doing, so it's possible I've made some mistakes and placed commands in a list they shouldn't be in. Feel free to correct any mistakes you find. 

Unfortunately, not every graphics setting has a corresponding slash command, but there is still a surprising number of working graphics commands... about 46 if you don't count the UI commands.  🙂

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/List_of_Slash_Commands

Edited by BlackSpectre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10

Thanks for all of your hard work on the wiki!

I was tinkering with some of the commands and of the three I tried, I could not get any of them to work (as far as I could tell). The three I tried were:

/antialiasing
/texaniso
/usewater

Specifically, I had the relevant settings for the above set to the max in my options window, and was trying to use the slash commands to set them to minimum. Nothing I tried with the slash commands would change the settings, though. I tried zoning and rebooting after using the commands, to no avail. I feel like I might be missing something obvious but wanted to see if you could offer any insight.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi ATC,

Good find! That little quirk is caused by NOT closing the Options window before you use the slash command. If you use the command while the Options window is open, nothing will change. I'll mention it in the wiki.

Slash commands sometimes circumvent or even conflict with the graphical user interface.  Although the goal is to have them linked, the game code and the GUI are really two separate systems. Because of this, I've always closed the Options window if I was changing any settings. Didn't even think that someone else wouldn't. So thanks for catching this!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlackSpectre said:

That little quirk is caused by NOT closing the Options window before you use the slash command.

Well dang, I could have sworn I tried that when I was testing but clearly I did not, because now all three commands work if I keep the window closed. Thanks for setting me straight!

• Thumbs Up 1