Mercs/What?

Xandyr

Hey all! Help me choose my next MM toon! Been playing (and in love with) my Necro/FF. Love the high resists and soft capped defenses. Now it's time to move to Mercs. But pair it with what?

I solo quite a bit (mainly because I can't find teams/friends aren't on at the time I am). So, obviously I need to be able to support/keep my Mercs alive so they can continue to pew pew. Necro/FF kinda spoiled me, so maybe Mercs/FF?

I'm thinking of:

Pain

Cold

FF

Empathy (why not? Haven't played an Empath toon since Live)

Maybe Nature?

But, I could be persuaded to play any secondary, as long as you can point out synergies (and preferably resistances/defenses/numbers).

So, what Mercs toon are you playing, and why?

I can hardly profess to being an expert seeing as mine's only at level 32, but /Elec works well? Mercs stay pretty bunched up so you don't really have to do as much micro with elec as you might normally, there's nice resist buffs + healing and absorb, and the damage buff pairs well with Serum for spikes of extra damage.

• Like 1

I love my Mercs/Storm. Having the extra power to slot pet IOs (Tornado) is helpful for slotting Merc pets to their full potential without sacrificing any pet uniques. It's surprising to see how much mitigation knockdown can provide and Storm has an endless supply of KD powers. This combo was able to breeze through +4x8 Council before the i27.5 changes.

• Like 1

I think the thing you'll find here is mercs really does go with literally everything.  I liked mercs before (I just like the daka), but after their update they are in a really nice spot.  I know it's cliche to say, but if I was you I'd go with concept.

I have just about every secondary with mercs (except sonic).  They all perform really well.  I like sets that aren't too busy though.  One of my first Merc MM's was electric and dang if that secondary isn't one of the busiest out there.

My Merc/FF (The Bubble King) is an absolute blast and drives super easy, as does trick arrow and time.  If you like the new FF, I'd say go for it.  If you wanted something a little different, the -ToHit in trick arrow (along with the other laundry list of yummy debuffs) pair extremely well with mercs.  Time is... Time.  Just like Mercs, it goes with everything.  Put the two together and it has great synergy.

So.. concept and run a secondary that is fun for you.  I started a Merc/thermal recently (The Thermal King, naturally) and when serum is running if the combo isn't surprisingly though!  Oh.. and flaming soldiers works for me :).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, evetsleep said:

I have just about every secondary with mercs (except sonic).

Use the Disruption Field toggle on Spec Ops.  because they lack cone attacks they can do just fine in melee.  Plus they can Rifle Butt.  With Pet IOs and Sonic stuff they are 75% resist most, 90% s/l

• Thumbs Up 1