LGBTQ+ supergroup?

GamerKate

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a supergroup on any server where I could find some fellow LGBTQ+ peeps.

ALso, I'm on Reunion at rhe moment - is it worth me relocating my toons to another server, one that's maybe better po[pulated?

k

• Thumbs Down 1

There is also a PRIDE channel to join for more resources.  

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

9 hours ago, honoroit said:

there was a recent pride costume contest on Excelsior, I don't know, but there might have been a SG behind the organizing of that:

Hi! Yes, we as an SG(Celestial warriors) host a lot of CCs on Excel including one weekly on Fridays at 7pm EDT. We are very LGBTQ+ Friendly and are always taking new peoples. Feel free to send me a tell in game @mayaedits or on discord or on here ❤️

• Like 3

Queen of the Warshades.

Maya is....... and other Maya like toons Inc. | Excelsior

She/Her

the rainbow is well represented in game.  quite a few LGBTQ+ players are top notch gamers in my experience.  do look up the costume contests posts and track those folks down. I am reasonably certain they can point you in the right direction.  good luck.

• Like 1

I would say you're more likely to run into a queer person on Everlasting than not. It's also the RP server if that's your thing. I help run the Penny Palace, which is the queer bar on Everlasting and we host two events a month and are currently planning a big Pride bash on the 25th. We'd love to see you there!

• Like 2

Do we have any dedicated straight supergroups in game?  I mean, sure there's lots of supergroups comprised of people that are probably straight... but that doesn't mean they are straight supergroups.  Just looking for some inclusivity and representation.  🙃

• Sad 2

What is this Penny Palace?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Honestly the entirety of the community on Homecoming is pretty inclusive. We do have some individuals that pop up from time to time to spill their tea and cause a ruckus in general chat but the GM's are pretty quick to knock sense into em. I've seen folk on all the servers, but Everlasting does have a large LGBTQ+ population. Speaking as a member of the community myself. 🙂 I would recommend Penny Palace (A LGBTQ+ club group) and the Pride discord group to help you find a super group that fits your interests in the game. 🥰

• Like 2

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Do we have any dedicated straight supergroups in game?  I mean, sure there's lots of supergroups comprised of people that are probably straight... but that doesn't mean they are straight supergroups.  Just looking for some inclusivity and representation.  🙃

Looking for a gay bar or hangout place I would not go to a Baptist church and ask directions. 

If you are, in fact, looking for a Straight SG/Club an LBGT thread does not seem the obvious place to ask for directions. You should make your own post.

I make an effort to assume best intent so I am not assuming this is an attempt to troll the thread. I am also assuming you are unaware that posting for a Straight SG in a thread asking for an LGBT SG you would come off as attacking and dismissive to the OP's request.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

Just now, Zep said:

Looking for a gay bar or hangout place I would not go to a Baptist church and ask directions. 

If you are, in fact, looking for a Straight SG/Club an LBGT thread does not seem the obvious place to ask for directions. You should make your own post.

I would assume the upside-down smiley would have indicated that I was jokingly turning the premise upside down.

9 minutes ago, Player2 said:

I would assume the upside-down smiley would have indicated that I was jokingly turning the premise upside down.

I read the post as tone deaf...hence my vamp response.  But my sense of humor died long ago.  Third time I was staked and buried if I remember correctly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I read the post as tone deaf...hence my vamp response.  But my sense of humor died long ago.  Third time I was staked and buried if I remember correctly.

I haven't had a good stake in awhile either.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Ya upside down smiley means nothing to me. I've never been on the emoji band wagon.

One of the biggest rules of communication is know your audience. Those of us alive in the 80's or before lived with some really nasty discrimination and abuse making us sensitive about our safe spaces.

I should also point out, I was clear, I was choosing to assuming the best intent.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Zep said:

Ya upside down smiley means nothing to me. I've never been on the emoji band wagon.

This is the internet.  Learn it... Live it... but yeah, there is no loving it.  🙄

1 minute ago, Zep said:

One of the biggest rules of communication is know your audience. Those of us alive in the 80's or before lived with some really nasty discrimination and abuse making us sensitive about our safe spaces.

Sorry, but the audience stretches too far and wide to know them all.  Better to let the audience know me.

I joke often.  Sometimes I strike gold and sometimes I bomb.  💣  But there are no safe spaces from humor.

Note that I don't believe that nasty discrimination can be passed off as humor, so that's not an attempt to free-pass such behavior under the guise of humor.

1 minute ago, Zep said:

I should also point out, I was clear, I was choosing to assuming the best intent.

I was confirming your assumption was a good choice with my explanation of the emoji.  🤓

That last one was the nerd face emoji.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zep said:

making us sensitive about our safe spaces.

We all need safe spaces.

With that in mind, someone get Snarky a vampire coven SG so I can throw a couple jokes around about how things are so dead in there.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Zep said:

What is this Penny Palace?

The Penny Palace (GLITTER-15236) is an LGBTQ+ club based in Independence Port that has an event the second Friday and third Sunday of every month. This month since it is Pride we've been having weekly events though, and most of our volunteers will be working our big Pride celebration on Sunday the 25th. We will most likely post an ad for that on here soon but if you'd like to keep up with things we have a dedicated Discord server for both The Penny Palace and the Everlasting Pride celebration

• Like 2