Well, that's unfortunate...

cranebump

I'm trying to remember - before they implemented ragdoll physics, did enemies just kind of fall over or play a generic death animation, when defeated, (like when phantom army's timer expires)?

Edited by biostem

24 minutes ago, biostem said:

I'm trying to remember - before they implemented ragdoll physics, did enemies just kind of fall over or play a generic death animation, when defeated, (like when phantom army's timer expires)?

Yeah, I think there may have been a very small handful of alternatives. At least one of them was the same as the PC death animation, so some AoEs would cue the enemy groups' excellently rehearsed synchronised knee drop routine.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/14/2023 at 10:17 PM, Lines said:

excellently rehearsed synchronised knee drop routine.

This right here. They would fall to both knees, then fall flat on the ground face down. Others would bounce off the ground and fall straight on their backs, there were also sound files associated with the thuds to the knees then face plants to the floor. When the rag doll effect was born, I am fairly certain those sound files were either removed or simply not utilized.

Needs a sharp eye, but this was issue 4, shows how the mobs always died unless they were knocked down or back upon death.

Edited by Solarverse