Blaster Rifle Animations for All* Ranged Damage Powersets

Herotu

This should allow players to choose blaster rifle animations for a huge array of powersets! Exciting!

BLASTER RIFLE ANIMATIONS for all* ranged powersets
    -AKA ranged damage set rifle costume part/alternate animation.

Ranged Damage sets (Blaster primary or Corrupter secondary) are analysed:
if the player selects one of these

• ice 
  • fire 
  • dark
  • energy
  • electric
  • psychic
  • radiation
  • seismic
  • sonic
  • storm?
  • water

i.e. not one of these:

• archery 
  • assault rifle
  • beam rifle
  • dual pistols

When the user then clicks the Costume tab in the CC, a "weapons" section appears with a selection of Rifles.
At the top of the list is "None".

If the user selects None, then the Custom tab uses vanilla animations.
If the user selects a Rifle, then the Custom tab uses a hybrid Rifle animation with the source point of any raycast powers being the gun.

I acknowledge this would be a grand project and as such I don't expect it to be implemented.

BUT, it's been bugging me and I want to express it.

Energy guns, Ice rifles, Sonic cannons!  Woohoo!

*not all.

• Thanks 2

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

i think the point of effect where the power starts would need to be recoded per power or something like that so yeah massive undertaking so how about

A power similar to Dual pistol that can apply different elemental effects to the bullets?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

10 hours ago, Herotu said:
  • archery

Isn't this roughly what happens if you leave the ramrod in after loading a musket?

5 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i think the point of effect where the power starts would need to be recoded per power or something like that so yeah massive undertaking so how about

A power similar to Dual pistol that can apply different elemental effects to the bullets?

There'd likely be a few odd hangs or unusually fast shots of the assault rifle as well, to account for the various cast times. (And may end up as a minor nerf to some sets, as they would trigger redraw without the +0.05x Acc to compensate).

It'd also be cool to see Dual Pistol & Magic Archer versions of the non-weapon sets, so yes please!

1 hour ago, Akisan said:

Isn't this roughly what happens if you leave the ramrod in after loading a musket?

There'd likely be a few odd hangs or unusually fast shots of the assault rifle as well, to account for the various cast times. (And may end up as a minor nerf to some sets, as they would trigger redraw without the +0.05x Acc to compensate).

It'd also be cool to see Dual Pistol & Magic Archer versions of the non-weapon sets, so yes please!

Well, yes, I wouldn't like to limit the idea to just rifles. Imagine if other tools could be on the list - magic wands or voodoo dolls or some other totem. I mean, the world's your oyster, but the more generic they are, the better the effort/reward ratio.

I said ratio, not radio.
That's going to look weird when they change the emotes again.

• Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

25 minutes ago, Herotu said:

some other totem

Air guitar while electrical blast lightning shreds nearby enemies?  It might be fun to RP an up and coming literal God of Rock (appearance of an awkward teenager optional)

16 hours ago, Akisan said:

Air guitar while electrical blast lightning shreds nearby enemies?  It might be fun to RP an up and coming literal God of Rock (appearance of an awkward teenager optional)

Yes, the model for air guitar is already in the game, I remember not seeing it!

i'd really like the reverse of this, too. i mean like magic animations for rifle and beam-rifle attacks. a character could be a cyborg or robot that has weapons hidden in subdermal pockets, or a hyperdimensional primordial that disintegrates their enemies with qlippothic energies.

• Like 2