Pride.

kelika2

10 hours ago, honoroit said:

while im not about to fetch them, many builds posted here on these forums remove taunt - favoring instead aggro forward attacking, and just body pulling w punchvoke, taunt aura, and whatever one can fling.

11 hours ago, Greycat said:

Where are you getting the idea "Taunt is skipped in many builds?" Forum builds that are around to min/max? Farm builds? I wouldn't draw that conclusion based on them -  I know I take it on pretty much every tanker and brute I make because it's a useful tool, and will use it frequently. I typically have plenty of other sources of AOE (and just damage in general) - if I felt my tanks (or brutes) needed yet more damage, I'd probably be talking about a specific set.

@honoroit, you posted proof of @Greycat's comment. The only builds I see being spread are the min-max builds that abandon everything that isn't damage, self-protection, or a means of improving at least one of those. Those builds may be popular for the current meta, but they aren't by any means indicative of Taunt not being part of players' builds. It just isn't a current meta build.

49 minutes ago, Rudra said:

@honoroit, you posted proof of @Greycat's comment. The only builds I see being spread are the min-max builds that abandon everything that isn't damage, self-protection, or a means of improving at least one of those. Those builds may be popular for the current meta, but they aren't by any means indicative of Taunt not being part of players' builds. It just isn't a current meta build.

if you mean taunt exists as a power you can select, like scrapper confront, or say stalker placate - yes.

All my tankers take taunt, many of my brutes, and some of my scrappers.   It gets mobs to come closer and has other benefits.  I don't slot it very much that often, but do have a few with six slotted for various bonuses.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm worried about the Placate comment. Like maybe that is next on their agenda. I take it on all my Stalkers. It keeps me alive until I can finish developing the character. Sometimes even in high level missions after full development. First Confront, now Taunt, next Placate?!

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I'm worried about the Placate comment. Like maybe that is next on their agenda. I take it on all my Stalkers. It keeps me alive until I can finish developing the character. Sometimes even in high level missions after full development. First Confront, now Taunt, next Placate?!

Missed th ecomment you're referring to?

The only thing I know of that's happened with that is that it takes taunt sets now (as I recall.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Missed th ecomment you're referring to?

The only thing I know of that's happened with that is that it takes taunt sets now (as I recall.)

3 hours ago, honoroit said:
4 hours ago, Rudra said:

if you mean taunt exists as a power you can select, like scrapper confront, or say stalker placate - yes.

On 7/23/2023 at 7:37 PM, Psyonico said:

Taunt:

1. Auto Hit

2. No end cost

3. Ranged

4. AoE

Getting a damage portion added to this (even illusory) seems like it would make taunt *too* good, so what of the above do you give up?

I'll take none of the above, and no change, thank you.

This.  I don't want the tauntyness of Taunt nerfed just so it will do a little damage, thank you.  There's lots of other ranged damage options for tanks; every epic pool has a ranged aoe or two if that's what you want.  Perfect Zinger has a chance for psi damage proc as well.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• 2 weeks later

This thread is a rollercoaster.

What I don't get is: Why should taunt to damage? And why should it do temporary damage? I ask this mostly from a thematic standpoint. Doing damage that heals quickly over time is very much a thing only illusions does I think?

So instead, if you want to add dmg to taunt. Make it so the mobs hurt themselves a little, when they hit you, after being taunted. Like it's a debuff on them.

They're so angry you called them "St0pid" they break their hands trying to hit your chiseled chin.