elec melee / <???>  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Electrical Melee / ??? which secondary (pls comment with why)

• Shield - positionals vs typed, the shield charge, a push-mitigate that goes well with the soul EPP one
    • Stone - brimstone dot, everyone says its good...
    • Energy - good balance of things, disrupt sounds fun, mix of things, end shouldnt be issue
    • Other??? pls say

34 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Radiation Armor. Become the AoE Stalker with 2 more nukes.

oooh... well, will i live tho...?  ive always done def sets on stalker, and indeed soul epp for moonbeam + the moment-of-survive-more thing.

tempting, i like rad armor on my rad/staff tanker.

Stalker (Electrical Melee - Radiation Armor).mbd

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

oooh... well, will i live tho...?  ive always done def sets on stalker, and indeed soul epp for moonbeam + the moment-of-survive-more thing.

tempting, i like rad armor on my rad/staff tanker.

...why not...  something like... (attached, mids still messed up)???

1 hour ago, carroto said:

Probably not.

ya... but he looks hardy on the build thing.

EDIT: oh, no no he's not... i had the soul push-def toggled on in mids... fixed in attached...

image_2023-07-23_180841111.thumb.png.4f49c171d0cb10c69e76f943b48b3e6d.png

he can get shadow meld every 35s, and it lasts 15s... so that'd help...

spacer.png

Stalker (Electrical Melee - Radiation Armor).mbd

Edited by honoroit

im prolly gonna make a bunch of them and keep being re-roll'ey at ~20...

there's always broadsword/shield.

his name is Figs tho.  wish you could do thorn / shield...

Edited by honoroit

/Rad can be made sturdy but with a level of investment and build sacrifice not required by other sets.  IMO you're accepting lower survivability for higher AoE damage.

If you want to get the most out of Elec/ then for me an armor set that helps with recharge would be nice.  A number of the best powers have high recharges.  So /Energy would fit the bill.  I'm not a fan of the set personally but if you don't mind its shortcomings it seems like a pretty good fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carroto said:

/Rad can be made sturdy but with a level of investment and build sacrifice not required by other sets.  IMO you're accepting lower survivability for higher AoE damage.

If you want to get the most out of Elec/ then for me an armor set that helps with recharge would be nice.  A number of the best powers have high recharges.  So /Energy would fit the bill.  I'm not a fan of the set personally but if you don't mind its shortcomings it seems like a pretty good fit.

battle axe proliferate........

i know jacobs ladder is terrible, and chain induction is a 5 cap... the tp is amaze but i can just combat teleport....

is rad melee that bad?  our one tier list is quite out of date.

spacer.png

im probably the best stalker on homecoming, probably. so i should make one if no one else does...

My Fire/rad is damn near unkillable, Maxed res in everything half the time, S/L def at 45% and most other def over 30%, tons of absorb,  tons regen, healing and recovery for days. not to even mention how ridiculous the AoE it grants is. I have quite a few stalkers and she is probably the most tanky of them all. People seem to write it off as a "Res" set but is more a Hybrid set that ALSO is a full res set, just doesn't really do def, but you can make up for that with IOs/incarnates.

From a offensive standpoint I regularly reach damage cap while solo due to stacking build up resets. I'm not entirely sure how it works but the BU reset chance ATO gets a higher chance to proc the more enemies you hit, leading to larger AoEs Chaining multiple build up uses, Rad armor comes with two of these. On top of that you get +30% damage boost in meltdown that can be up half the time and Radiation therapy can be proc bombed into become a actual nuke that does enough damage to be worth in single target and even gives some hefty -regen for AV/GM slaying. With her damage, utility, and survivability she can both melt AV/GMs solo with ease, and keep pace with fire farmers in a fire farm.

She can solo just about any group at 4x8, though stuff like Arachnos I have to be careful about, but that's fairly normal. This is also without relying on things like shadow meld (I took mu for more AoE) IMO Rad armor is the most underrated stalker power set currently.

So yeah, I also recommend rad armor

Edited by Riot Siren
  • Like 1

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

A quick and dirty and it doesn't look that bad to me!

image.thumb.png.bdae018f32972e118e9f4b0b6451cefb.png

Redacted - Stalker (Electrical Melee - Radiation Armor).mbd

Now, granted, I'm one to throw caution to the wind and dish out as much damage in the smallest amount of time I can. It's much more fun killing things, and dead things can't hit you, and things die when you kill them!

We get Incarnate clickies for the surviving part. I'd rather have 3 nukes!

• Thanks 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

21 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

A quick and dirty and it doesn't look that bad to me!

image.thumb.png.bdae018f32972e118e9f4b0b6451cefb.png

Redacted - Stalker (Electrical Melee - Radiation Armor).mbd 43.97 kB · 0 downloads

Now, granted, I'm one to throw caution to the wind and dish out as much damage in the smallest amount of time I can. It's much more fun killing things, and dead things can't hit you, and things die when you kill them!

We get Incarnate clickies for the surviving part. I'd rather have 3 nukes!

Yeah that's similar to what I would do with maybe a little less S/L def, though I would recommend finding a way to fit Ball lightning in there, even if it means dropping something else. I haven't tested with Ele melee specifically but from what I have tested you don't get the bonus BU reset proc chance from chains or pesudo pets, and that can amount to a TON of extra +DMG and AoE Burst. You can also probably drop the extra procs in health as well, as Rad armor is dripping with recovery and +end. i would also remove a slot in boxing and add it to havoc punch for the massive 5% S/l def bonus. Cross punch also seems a really odd choice as Charged brawl does much better base DPA, and while you can't proc bomb it as much it also generates assassin's focus.

Edited by Riot Siren

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

i wont slot fighting pool attack powers, on principle.

im wondering spines vs elec with a rad now, which has pretty great slot diversity and no longer suffers draw time... 🤔

id take combat teleport vs super speed.  bound on powexec_location target, it makes distances a non factor, chasing blaster aoe dregs is less fun imo.

Here I modified it a bit, still should be a offensive powerhouse, it does have Brawl slotted but only as a mule for some extra +Def with no plan on being used. I also replaced Cross punch with ball lighting so it has a extra nuke.

Modified - Stalker (Electrical Melee - Radiation Armor).mbd

modified.PNG

Edited by Riot Siren
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, honoroit said:

i wont slot fighting pool attack powers, on principle.

Sure, but I'd ask to give slotted Cross Punch at least a small test. I only ever slot Boxing/Kick to mule set bonuses, but Cross Punch is a diamond.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Sure, but I'd ask to give slotted Cross Punch at least a small test. I only ever slot Boxing/Kick to mule set bonuses, but Cross Punch is a diamond.

For sure with some ATs and power sets, but I don't see it for stalker, the lower base damage means it doesn't play super well with crit even if it can be proc bombed, and its fighting against primary melee options that build Assassin's focus which kinda works a heavy damage inherit proc. While it's technically AoE, the arc is small enough that you are likely not hitting more then 3 very tightly grouped enemies with it tops, and on stalker AoEs only have a 50% chance to crit from hide, lowering its usefulness. I've used it on alot of other ATs but I don't see it in the case of stalker, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though.

Edited by Riot Siren
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

ill test it, but have strong misgivings! its like eggplant slices... its fine buried in lasagna, but is like slime goo when served as a slab. maybe cross-punch is delicious! i think @Riot Siren may have given more solid reasons  - but hell, that what the beta server is for.

neither the two of you take the pbaoe. activation time?

it has me thinking spines more and more... ripper is a skip, but fling thorns and the pbaoe do very well...  the rad aoe is nice, but its hardly frequent.

elec probably has a better ST chain.

rad melee would be nice thematically, ice is nice but i have an ice/bio i got fed up with, but that was probably bc it was /bio...

Edited by honoroit

15 minutes ago, honoroit said:

ill test it, but have strong misgivings! its like eggplant slices... its fine buried in lasagna, but is like slime goo when served as a slab. maybe cross-punch is delicious! i think @Riot Siren may have given more solid reasons  - but hell, that what the beta server is for.

it has me thinking spines more and more... ripper is a skip, but fling thorns and the pbaoe do very well...  the rad aoe is nice, but its hardly frequent.

elec probably has a better ST chain.

I assume you are talking about Thunder strike? Honestly If I were to build this from the ground up I would probaly consider it just for the possibly of more build up reset, but in terms of the raw power, I just don't think its good. Thunder strike tries to be both a AoE and a Single target attack and kinda fails at both, doing too low damage to be worth it from either end. Chain induction is basically the same thing but done right.

I haven't messed with rad melee on anything really so I wont comment but I do not think spines is a amazing set for stalker as you lose the best power in the set, quills, in the transition. I don't think it's bad but it seems a bit lack luster to me compared to the normal version. Though it could certainly work, just seems a bit more lacking in the single target front.

.... I also think it's kinda ugly and am not bias about that AT ALL

Edited by Riot Siren
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, honoroit said:

It's very slow with not great return. Also, since it's both a single target attack and an aoe in one, its math gets pretty weird. Not very worth it.

15 minutes ago, Riot Siren said:

For sure with some ATs and power sets, but I don't see it for stalker, the lower base damage means it doesn't play super well with crit even if it can be proc bombed, and its fighting against primary melee options that build Assassin's focus which kinda works a heavy damage inherit proc. While it's technically AoE, the arc is small enough that you are likely not hitting more then 3 very tightly grouped enemies with it tops, and on stalker AoEs only have a 50% chance to crit from hide, lowering its usefulness. I've used it on alot of other ATs but I don't see it in the case of stalker, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though.

I agree with a lot of this! I wouldn't have considered it if Elec wasn't the primary in question. The alternative is to take Jacobs Ladder, which in itself isn't a very great power. Sure Ladder can help build Assassin's Focus, but proc'd Cross Punch still has better DPA and contributes way more to the build overall in the form of proc opportunities and its own inherent bonuses.

Unrelated, but if you want an AoE-focused stalker with a bunch of convenient powers, might I suggest Staff Fighting?

• Like 2

re: staff fighting - currently raising a rad/staff tanker, and the cones are massive. 'king the fairy king'

ty for heads up on thunderstrike, fake aoe, no ty.  all in all youre paying a lot for that tp, and having it be energy dmg.

thorns is good - the aoe burst from stealth can mess stuff proper. its on a 15s base cooldown, and is 15ft, so its a regular for me.  i loved my spines/bio 'psalms of oranbega'

however... rad... seems decent, rad melee, a couple of % to disorient (~60%, and mag 3 and 2 on the aoe)

a heal, if the mob is contaminated. i remember this being a drop annoying.

a mix of energy, toxic, and smashing.

contaminated makes a 'portion' of dmg splash.

ive also never properly tried rad melee.

Edited by honoroit

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Unrelated, but if you want an AoE-focused stalker with a bunch of convenient powers, might I suggest Staff Fighting?

4 minutes ago, honoroit said:

however... rad... seems decent, rad melee, a couple of % to disorient (~60%, and mag 3 and 2 on the aoe)

Currently have both these on my Radar for my next stalker, Staff seems pretty good for stalker with good AoE's and survive-ability if a little lacking in ST.

I'm not gonna lie I think the only reason I don't have a rad melee toon yet is because Mids and the in game info are a bit unclear on the powers true base damage, due to showing the extra contaminated proc as part of the main damage, which just made the idea of trying to make a good build for one a bit annoying, but It looks like it also has really good potential.

• Like 1

ok, for science.... ill do a rad/rad.

its not that elec isnt awesome - elec/shield was a fun one, but one noted.

abusing rad armor recovery with procs, providing a team heal, and having a st high damage that i need to make myself just use on cd, and never wait for contaiminated (just taking the base 2x80hp heal when it happens) is nice for survive. its slowish, at 2.38s.  

likewise atom smasher is super slow compared to thorn burst, double cast time almost (1.67 vs 3) but it hits harder, and would prolly proc well at 22s base vs 15 in spine burst.

so many choices...

57 minutes ago, honoroit said:

ok, for science.... ill do a rad/rad.

its not that elec isnt awesome - elec/shield was a fun one, but one noted.

abusing rad armor recovery with procs, providing a team heal, and having a st high damage that i need to make myself just use on cd, and never wait for contaiminated (just taking the base 2x80hp heal when it happens) is nice for survive. its slowish, at 2.38s.  

likewise atom smasher is super slow compared to thorn burst, double cast time almost (1.67 vs 3) but it hits harder, and would prolly proc well at 22s base vs 15 in spine burst.

so many choices...

Spine burst and atom smash are both about 3 Seconds, throw spines is 1.6. Honestly the more I've been thinking about it the more I'm coming around on spines as a solid set for stalker. still ugly though. Rad/Rad should be solid and with the right build a monster

I wiped up something quick and dirty by converting my Fire/Rad to Rad/Rad pretty quickly, were I to start from the ground up I might of looked for a way to include proton sweep but, I could also see myself skipping it. Should still be a beast though all the same principals apply and it has the same type of powers.

radmelee.PNG

Stalker - Radiation Melee - Radiation Armor3.mbd

Edited by Riot Siren

2 minutes ago, Riot Siren said:

spines as a solid set for stalker

oh, youre right on spine burst, i read cod wrong. if its the same i can handle it.  i'll miss fling tho, but siphon is welcome, as is the random splash of contaminate (we'll see if that crits, dont think so, and not fussed... its not marked as doing so, it actually happens via an ability called 'decontaminated' which does dmg and removes the debuff)

the no draw thing really helped spines.  it feels good now. despite lacking quills, and impale being slowish (but good range and anti fly), and ripper being just awful - its good.

battle axe made the short cones mini sphere aoes... and i hope is the design philosophy by homecoming team going foward, and makes updates to other sets. it is vastly easier to use / actually hit multiple targets.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

It's very slow with not great return. Also, since it's both a single target attack and an aoe in one, its math gets pretty weird. Not very worth it.

I think Thunder Strike is a good candidate for procs.  There are a bunch of different versions of the power out there across power sets and APPs, and I think at least one of them does decent splash damage, but for most of them it's so weak it almost might as well not exist.  Even so given the recharge, cast time, and relatively small radius, it should provide good proc chances.  Haven't run the numbers but that's my guess.  Could be a good proc bomb against packed enemies.

If I were going to take the power I'd try to franken-slot it to squeeze in as many procs as possible.  I'd bet it can be turned into a worthwhile AoE.

• Like 1