Homage to the Silver Surfer

smnolimits43

So I've been trying some new power sets.  I was thinking of a homage to the Silver Surfer.  So i looked up what powers he would have.  The net suggested Cosmic Energy and the ability to control gravity.  I think this would suggest my favourite class, "Dominator".  Obviously there are no surf boards.  However, there is a Rockett Board.  As for the powers, i'm thinking of Gravity/Energy.  What do you all think ??

On 7/24/2023 at 6:34 AM, smnolimits43 said:

Obviously there are no surf boards.  However, there is a Rockett Board.

yep. go with the rocket board.

On 7/24/2023 at 6:34 AM, smnolimits43 said:

As for the powers, i'm thinking of Gravity/Energy.

I think that the Dark would have good SFX for the Surfer's attacks as well.

Color customization of powers goes a long way.

I do see the Surfer's attacks as doing knockback, so that fits well with the energy attacks.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Surfer fan here, if you’re talking about the comics Silver Surfer. Honestly most of what that dude did was be tough and shoot cosmic power blasts. Grav/Nrg seems like the best Dom fit, especially if you don’t particularly care for Nrg/ Sentinels

I'm a fan of the Silver Surfer too.  Any Energy Blast AT will do. 

• Grav/Energy Dom certainly will work.
  • Energy Blaster with secondaries of: Atomic (cosmic energy), Energy, Temporal
  • Energy Sentinel with Secondaries of:  Invuln and Energy would be my top 2, or maybe Rad (cosmic energy), possibly even SR, WP
  • Peacebringer is a possibility, but the sound effects would a detraction to me - but they are aliens which Silver Surfer is.  

And definitely would need the Rocket Board, but you'll have to be okay with it being red - can't change its color.  🙂  

Dom is cool but lil squishy for a surfer toon for me. I have an inv/mace tank that has mjiolnir from the thanos arc. Uses rocket board for travel. 

id do energy/inv sentinel. Or inv/energy tank with body for eye beams and  torrent. 

I'm a MEGA fan of the Surfer.  I periodically do homages to my favorite characters but refuse to do so for Norrin because nothing in game is going to remotely approximate his power.  

Having said that it seems Energy Blast (or Energy Assault) would be part of the answer.  

2 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

I'm a MEGA fan of the Surfer.  I periodically do homages to my favorite characters but refuse to do so for Norrin because nothing in game is going to remotely approximate his power.  

Having said that it seems Energy Blast (or Energy Assault) would be part of the answer.  

Always been my problem, which is I did the version with mjolnir.  He can do about anything he wants and/or the writer wants him to do, so doesn't translate well into a video game.  

25 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

Ok i remade Lightzone, and got him to lvl 13.  I'm sticking with single target attacks, and i picked up the first two shields.  I was gonna take a pic, but i'm not sure where to find it.  

This is where I have mine. C:\Games\Homecoming\screenshots

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."