Mod Bullseye

Herotu

Any chance of getting a mod bullseye emblem/Royal Air Force roundel please?

It looks like this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mod+bullseye&atb=v370-1&iax=images&ia=images

Mod Bullseye British Target Wall Decal 48106 | Etsy

I realise this is a hard one because it has three colours, so can we please have the centre and outer two rings colour pickable with a red centre please (or whichever you think would be best, but it should be possible to get the classic colours somehow)?

Edited by Herotu
Isn't it pretty?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Also interested in the backpack rocket having a checkerboard tips... like this!
1532747-tank_girl_01.jpg

Or at least a red tip, like this:

Cartoon rockets stock illustration. Illustration of future - 16191669

What?

Edited by Herotu
It's not a buttplug.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

13 hours ago, Herotu said:

Any chance of getting a mod bullseye emblem/Royal Air Force roundel please?

The RAF roundel, or the Albanian, Argentine, Armenian, Bangladeshi, Belgian, Bolivian, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Cameroonian, or the other forty-eight national roundels, not all of which have the same number of rings, ring widths, or color arrangements? If we add roundels formerly used, there are another twenty-four, and these numbers exclude roundels that have additional symbols on them, like Australia, New Zealand and Canada, which can't be done without special-casing them as separate images.

• Thumbs Down 1

59 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

The RAF roundel, or the Albanian, Argentine, Armenian, Bangladeshi, Belgian, Bolivian, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Cameroonian, or the other forty-eight national roundels, not all of which have the same number of rings, ring widths, or color arrangements? If we add roundels formerly used, there are another twenty-four, and these numbers exclude roundels that have additional symbols on them, like Australia, New Zealand and Canada, which can't be done without special-casing them as separate images.

Actually...

Chest pattern for the outer ring.

Central dot / symbol for a "chest detail."

We can already do this, after all.

image.png.db21bf794d8d9086ff8620a52c5cb127.png

Wouldn't be able to get all of them (and ... eh, shouldn't) but just creating, say, a two color set of rings (or inner "dot" with ring to make a four or five concentric circle one) would at least be doable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Yes yes, very pedantic I'm sure. None of the others are the MOD roundel, which is what I've specifically requested.

17 hours ago, Herotu said:

Yes yes, very pedantic I'm sure. None of the others are the MOD roundel, which is what I've specifically requested.

Which is the point; giving special preference to one particular rendition, with the additional fillip of making it unique among the symbols -- and in fact all the other costume pieces -- by having three colors in the entity. Which isn't codable with the way the data structures are defined; that's why 'tops with skin', for example, only have one color selectable -- the other color slot is occupied by the skin color.

12 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Which is the point; giving special preference to one particular rendition, 

I am not buying this because it seems like suggesting the letter and number symbols shouldn't be available because other fonts could have been used instead. 

22 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

with the additional fillip of making it unique among the symbols -- and in fact all the other costume pieces -- by having three colors in the entity. Which isn't codable with the way the data structures are defined; that's why 'tops with skin', for example, only have one color selectable -- the other color slot is occupied by the skin color.

Looking at the CC it does correct because the colours used are either A or B or some mix of both. What a shame.

18 hours ago, Greycat said:

Actually...

Chest pattern for the outer ring.

Central dot / symbol for a "chest detail."

We can already do this, after all.

image.png.db21bf794d8d9086ff8620a52c5cb127.png

Wouldn't be able to get all of them (and ... eh, shouldn't) but just creating, say, a two color set of rings (or inner "dot" with ring to make a four or five concentric circle one) would at least be doable.

Not even close.
image.png.2f3aa6740f49b05bb1248416c05f2470.png

46 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Not even close.

You missed the point of the "We can do this."  What I was saying is that we can already deal with a three color emblem of this sort with a chest pattern and chest detail, so it's doable.  As should have been obvious with *creating the inner ring* portion that you cut out.

Y'know, if you don't want to snipe at someone trying to support the suggestion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

You missed the point of the "We can do this."  What I was saying is that we can already deal with a three color emblem of this sort with a chest pattern and chest detail, so it's doable.  As should have been obvious with *creating the inner ring* portion that you cut out.

Y'know, if you don't want to snipe at someone trying to support the suggestion.

If we can communicate clearly, then sure, we can agree on things - I've no problem with that.

Regarding the topic, I think there's probably going to be issues with genders and emblem positioning.

6 hours ago, Herotu said:
6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Which is the point; giving special preference to one particular rendition, 

I am not buying this because it seems like suggesting the letter and number symbols shouldn't be available because other fonts could have been used instead. 

False equivalency. We do have all the letters and we do have all the numbers from 0-9. (Multi-digit numbers seem to be a problem.) So for this comparison, what @srmalloy said is correct. It would require all available roundels to be treated the same. (I'm not particularly sold on this argument because we don't have every type of lion head or other symbols, so a basic roundel with no other emblem on it would be fine in my book. [Edit: Then again, as @Greycat pointed out, we pretty much already do have access to a basic roundel.])

Your argument about us not having different fonts for the letters/numbers would be akin to saying the we would need different sizes of roundel. Not the different available roundels from all nations that use them instead of only making a single nation's roundel available, thereby only allowing a single nation's supers to get to have their roundel for use.

Edited by Rudra

21 minutes ago, Rudra said:

False equivalency. We do have all the letters and we do have all the numbers from 0-9. (Multi-digit numbers seem to be a problem.) So for this comparison, what @srmalloy said is correct. It would require all available roundels to be treated the same. (I'm not particularly sold on this argument because we don't have every type of lion head or other symbols, so a basic roundel with no other emblem on it would be fine in my book.)

Your argument about us not having different fonts for the letters/numbers would be akin to saying the we would need different sizes of roundel. Not the different available roundels from all nations that use them instead of only making a single nation's roundel available, thereby only allowing a single nation's supers to get to have their roundel for use.

Sure, I'm all for crazy, pointless debates in a healthy and well intentioned and friendly manner. Here's how I read your reply:

You've suggested false equivalency, but I think that's flatly incorrect. I believe the equivalence I see is

[a set containing all roundel designs] is similar, but obv not identical to [a set containing all possible fonts including different sizes of font (which will be relevant later)]

Fonts are not sizes, they are designs. Sizes can vary but the design remains the same, as with roundels.

The roundel I suggest is a very specific image, not used solely for aeroplanes. It's the specific one used for the Mod movement of the 1960s, this makes is very much NOT equivalent to the other roundels. Did you know that the MoD tried, and failed, to trademark it? That's how significantly different than all those other roundels it is.

Edited by Herotu

15 minutes ago, Herotu said:

You've suggested false equivalency, but I think that's flatly incorrect. I believe the equivalence I see is

[a set containing all roundel designs] is similar, but obv not identical to [a set containing all possible fonts including different sizes of font (which will be relevant later)]

Fonts are not sizes, they are designs. Sizes can vary but the design remains the same, as with roundels.

I could see that, except that all letters of the alphabet are represented for our costumes. Whereas the OP is only providing the British roundel. That isn't equal representation. That is a hard limit on what nations characters can base themselves on. You want a nice big <insert letter of choice> on your chest to show who you are? Go for it! You want a nice roundel to mark your national affiliation or other purpose? Go for it as long as it is of British origin. There's the equivalency.

Now, I haven't tried what @Greycat mentioned, so while I'm fine with a basic roundel robbed of other marks like @srmalloy described since you would still get to portray the country's colors, I don't yet know if it actually can be done. So I'm not arguing against the OP, I'm just pointing out that your comparison is a false equivalency because we do have all the letters of the alphabet, but the OP would only make a single country's roundel available.

Edit: In my book, there is a distinct difference between creatively creating a nation's roundel using existing options as opposed to having an actual roundel provided, but only for a single country. If roundels are to be made available, then all country roundels should be made available. Including their emblems on the roundel as appropriate for any given roundel.

Edited by Rudra

39 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I could see that, except that all letters of the alphabet are represented for our costumes. Whereas the OP is only providing the British roundel. That isn't equal representation. That is a hard limit on what nations characters can base themselves on. You want a nice big <insert letter of choice> on your chest to show who you are? Go for it! You want a nice roundel to mark your national affiliation or other purpose? Go for it as long as it is of British origin. There's the equivalency.

Now, I haven't tried what @Greycat mentioned, so while I'm fine with a basic roundel robbed of other marks like @srmalloy described since you would still get to portray the country's colors, I don't yet know if it actually can be done. So I'm not arguing against the OP, I'm just pointing out that your comparison is a false equivalency because we do have all the letters of the alphabet, but the OP would only make a single country's roundel available.

Edit: In my book, there is a distinct difference between creatively creating a nation's roundel using existing options as opposed to having an actual roundel provided, but only for a single country. If roundels are to be made available, then all country roundels should be made available. Including their emblems on the roundel as appropriate for any given roundel.

It's got literally zero things to do with nations and 100% to do with fashion, the Mods and their music. All of which are coincidentally of British origin. Indeed, how can anybody claim that a music scene and fashion symbol belongs to the nation?

I could posit that the peace symbol, already in the game, has it's origins in the British nuclear disarmament movement and is therefore a national symbol. I'm comparing them not by their national significance, but their cultural significance. 

Looks like we need a large circle for the bottom layer,  which we already have.  Then we need a chest symbol that is a medium circle with a large dot,  which we dont have.  At that point,  anyone could make them any 3 colors they want since its built off 2 costume pieces.  That would limit chest options somewhat but its how getting 3 colors would need to work with the current costume designer. 

Some signature NPCs have tri-color costume parts where players could copy either of the pairs of colors but cant do all 3,  an example is Tyrant's pants that are red and blue with gold stars.  The requested bullseye would need to be sized appropriately to proportions with the large circle but otherwise is a very simple chest symbol that would look tri-color when used with the chest pattern.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

Looks like we need a large circle for the bottom layer,  which we already have.  Then we need a chest symbol that is a medium circle with a large dot,  which we dont have.  At that point,  anyone could make them any 3 colors they want since its built off 2 costume pieces.  That would limit chest options somewhat but its how getting 3 colors would need to work with the current costume designer.

Works for me. Since it isn't the roundel itself, just a smaller standard 2-color chest emblem that can be used with another costume piece to mimic the roundel, it at least lets others that want the same thing to show different nationalities do so as well.