Base wardrobe cases?

Apologies if this has been suggested before.  I'm not really sure what to call it, so I'm not sure what to search for.  Wardrobe case?  Costume case?  Costume dummy? Other?

I'd like to suggest the addition of what I'm calling a wardrobe case to bases.  Each glass case would be used to display one player character costume. 

Coding is set up to display a costume on a mannequin in the case by the SG leader designating a SG member's character name and costume position on their costume change screen.

An alternative method, useful for the very small or 1-person SGs (we know they're out there), would be a switch that merely accepts a costume number, not the character.  A player in character looking at the case will see their own costume from that space #.  So a row of 6 cases could be set up so that Player 1 sees his/her first 6 costumes, while his lone SG member, player 2, looks at the case and instead sees they're own first 6 costumes.

Questions:

1. Should the mannequin display faces, skin, and skin markings? Or should body all be set to white?  How would that be handled for Spectrum features, especially if the "costume" is essentially just a fully spectrum body?

2. Should the mannequin display auras?

Examples:

image.png.1f3fea83a10ad80e11349f3860bca581.png

image.png.47925529b4c289a92d62bc1e3d26c48f.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Each glass case would be used to display one player character costume. 

Coding is set up to display a costume on a mannequin in the case by the SG leader designating a SG member's character name and costume position on their costume change screen.

How does the SG leader access the other players' costume slots without accessing their accounts or having them send the costume file to the SG leader to use on one of his/her/their own costume slots to be able to use it?

Edit: Best option I can propose would be to let players that have permission to edit the base be able to post their own costume like the hologram from the Number 6 Praetoria arc. That way, they can load their own costumes without the issue of someone trying to access their account or having the SG leader have to use up his/her/their own costume slots to add them.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

seriously tho, maybe a spinning hologram that morphs between the current chars costume slots?

Not something I would recommend be provided. Let members post their costume of choice, but not cycle through all of them. I have multiple characters with secret true forms. They only use those true form costume slots under specific conditions such as having been defeated by the same mob multiple times in a row making me angry, making a display of rage or power, and so on. Having those appearances randomly appear in the SG base where those that should not be aware of the character's true nature would be problematic. (Not to mention, all SG member displays and old costume displays in comics, TV, and movies have had locked displays even when holographic. "These are our current members" with costumes current at time of display being set up or "These are our founding members" with their founding member costumes and so on.)

(Edit: Hells, I have a SG that is all demons with human-form disguises. And while I would love to have a membership hall to display them, the last thing any member would want is visiting people to accidentally see their true forms pop up on display while visiting the open to the non-super public for a [hefty] fee base.)

Also, I don't think the objects can constantly access costume slots. I'm fairly sure that once a base object is placed, it is locked with whatever options it was set with until the editor is opened up again and a change made to the object. I'm also willing to bet that is a game issue, not a base editor issue.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rudra said:

How does the SG leader access the other players' costume slots without accessing their accounts or having them send the costume file to the SG leader to use on one of his/her/their own costume slots to be able to use it?

Edit: Best option I can propose would be to let players that have permission to edit the base be able to post their own costume like the hologram from the Number 6 Praetoria arc. That way, they can load their own costumes without the issue of someone trying to access their account or having the SG leader have to use up his/her/their own costume slots to add them.

While you make a good point that I'd not considered, that of the costumes being local rather than server side, I don't really see it as necessitating the SG base designer giving up one or more of their costume slots.  That would be where the base design would need to come into play: something where you could upload one costume design file.  The person picked to display a file would have to know/be shown how to forward a copy of the file to the base designer, or as you suggest, let the assigned player upload it.  Perhaps it could be done that the Assigned Player could notify the game which costume slot they want used and the game uploads this.  Obviously, you're not going to have many costume cases as a result, but it would be able to display several.

47 minutes ago, Techwright said:

The person picked to display a file would have to know/be shown how to forward a copy of the file to the base designer

That requires a change to the game system that can already be handled by granting a member base edit permission, making sure (s)he knows how to find and add the display case from the editor menu, have them add the display case, and then remove their base edit permission after if needed. If they want to have a specific costume for the display, they would only need to be in the desired costume when they add the base display unit. Since it would already be able to function like the holographic display at the end of the Last Bastion arc and just load the character's current costume for display, or like the doppelganger missions which load clones of your character from his/her/their/its current costume..

Hi, just as an aside and a bit off topic, having played since start and to the sunset I looked and moved on sadly to play The Secret World, (I think a few of us did)

They had a spot inside the museum, entered from London, with a big statue at the bottom of the stairs.

That statue could be changed to be your character and costume.

I always though it was a small bit cool to enter and see yourself as others see you.

Oh and yes I was so happy when we got CoH back and I never returned to TSW. Wonder if my statue is now covered in dust and cobwebs 🥴

1 hour ago, JasperStone said:

Would this mean all characters in the SG costumes would be loaded into the base?

The list of costume pieces associated with a costume makes for a small amount of data, even with the sliders for the body; requiring the base editor to pick a costume file from disc when placing a new display case would load the file into the data structure for the case. So it would be static in the item, not dependent on the user account being live or the character still a member of the SG.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1