[Enhancement Catalyst]

So I've been leveling a new brute this week and loving him a lot. I've been turning off xp so that I can experience the stories as I feel I haven't done it in so long, and a brute is still fun even without SO's or IO's. However here is my suggestion, Could we get a way so that I can use an enhancement catalyst without needing to be the same level as the enhancement? I have many level 50's with spare LOTG +rech lying round in the base. But I can not use them on my lower level characters cause I would need to log on to my 50 use the catalyst on them, then unslot them and then I can add it to my lower level character. Is there any possibility that we could stream line this to make it easier? Just my thoughts, I don't see any problem with stream lining it but maybe I overlooked something? 

• Thumbs Up 4

18 hours ago, Captain Paragon said:

But I can not use them on my lower level characters cause I would need to log on to my 50 use the catalyst on them, then unslot them and then I can add it to my lower level character.

If the 50 has a power with the attuned LotG proc in it, unslot that and pass it to the lowbie, then slot and attune the level-50 one; you use one less unslotter. But Rudra's recommendation is better — sell the 50 and the catalyst and buy it back attuned, and between the two you come out ahead.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dryfter said:

Maybe allow a catalyst to work both ways. First one attunes it and second one returns it to its original level?

I actually like this suggestion, due to the fact that I've built a few toons while drunk over the years and realized I bought an attuned purple or PvP IO. With the current correction to buy an unslotter, post the IO back on the market, sell it, pay the market fee, and then re-buy the non-attuned IO and then 5 enhancement boosters, it ends up costing a bit, especially if you have say 3-5 sets of purples/PvP ios in a toon.

I am drinking significantly less now, but then again I am making significantly less 50s that I have to slot these days. Who knows maybe a new set will get introduced down the road like gravity manipulation for blasters or something else that will lure me to the old character creation screen.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Dryfter said:

Maybe allow a catalyst to work both ways. First one attunes it and second one returns it to its original level?

agreed this idea is great.

But could the game remember the IO's original level before catalyzing?

if not maybe bump it to its max level?

• Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

19 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

agreed this idea is great.

But could the game remember the IO's original level before catalyzing?

if not maybe bump it to its max level?

It would be difficult for the game to track an IO's previous level before attunement as that would require storing a hidden enhancement level for each enhancement and likely more difficult to code them say the value be based on the set's IO range and the player's level so IOs aren't created that are higher than a player could slot.

I'm not so sure that the game doesn't already record the pre-catalysis level of an IO, given what I've seen in the Bugs forum about weird results from converting attuned IOs. But I'm sure one of the HC staff would have a more definitive answer to that.

On 8/14/2023 at 6:36 PM, Dryfter said:

yes please, although I would prefer it reset the fixed level to the current level of the character doing the conversion 

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 8/15/2023 at 1:53 PM, srmalloy said:

I'm not so sure that the game doesn't already record the pre-catalysis level of an IO, given what I've seen in the Bugs forum about weird results from converting attuned IOs. But I'm sure one of the HC staff would have a more definitive answer to that.

I do know I was able to take an IO at level 15, attune it, then convert it to an IO that wasn't available until 30.  That was on beta with iirc, healing sets.  I was just checking out some of the theories people were having about this.

To really check it, we'd have to sit down and do a lot of different variables and record results since maybe there are some edge cases.