Spines / ? Advice

SqidVishus

On live I loved my Spines/Regen, even when they nerfed Regen in issue 2 (was it really that early?) it was still my favorite toon to play. Since coming back this year I have remade that toon and still love it. That said, I want to put a few toons on Excelsior and this seems the perfect opportunity to change it up a little. I still like spines and don't mind having another one in my quiver of characters, but I am torn on armor type.

I am looking for something with great survivability and nice aesthetics. I'll be mostly solo play but I want to be very group friendly as well. If there are obnoxious auras or armor sets that add chunky bits to my toon, I'd like to be able to turn those off in the customization menu. Inf. is no object, so if an armor set requires a lot of expensive enhancements to be optimal, I don't care. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, folks, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SqidVishus said:

On live I loved my Spines/Regen, even when they nerfed Regen in issue 2 (was it really that early?) it was still my favorite toon to play. Since coming back this year I have remade that toon and still love it. That said, I want to put a few toons on Excelsior and this seems the perfect opportunity to change it up a little. I still like spines and don't mind having another one in my quiver of characters, but I am torn on armor type.

I am looking for something with great survivability and nice aesthetics. I'll be mostly solo play but I want to be very group friendly as well. If there are obnoxious auras or armor sets that add chunky bits to my toon, I'd like to be able to turn those off in the customization menu. Inf. is no object, so if an armor set requires a lot of expensive enhancements to be optimal, I don't care. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, folks, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night!

To really make those spines mean, I'd suggest Bio Armor, however if it's Min FX isn't minimal enough for you, I'd suggest Electric Armor.  Cap those resists and it comes with another Damage Aura, something new, that Regen didn't have.

• Like 2

I like Def based armors in general. I like them more on Scrappers. /stone would be awesome, but even trying to minimalize it might not lead to the desired results. /sr, /nin, and /ea are far easier to pull off. /nin, and /ea offer End management. My /nin is too low to really comment, but I have /ea at 50 already twice with a third at 38 covering Stalker, Scrapper, and Brute. It's fantastic. Before getting the Energize isn't as bad as one might think for not having a heal as /ea can put up solid enough Def numbers.

For Resist based armors, and yes, I would lean making these a Brute, /bio is going to pump out the most offense, but again, you need to minimalize the effects and that might not be enough. /rad is going to be a rolling nuke bomb via procs. Tough to minimalize, but it can be colored so there might be some colors which make it more tolerable. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

17 hours ago, SqidVishus said:

On live I loved my Spines/Regen, even when they nerfed Regen in issue 2 (was it really that early?) it was still my favorite toon to play.

Just as an aside, but I have been told before that if you liked old regeneration, you should give willpower a shot. I haven't tried it personally on scrapper, so YMMV, but it looks pretty decent on paper, and the visuals are relatively unobtrusive compared to a lot of sets as well.

• Like 2

rad can get pretty silly with procs, and is surprisingly sturdy on stalker (so should be similar w scrapper).

almost instant pbaoe damage proc bombs, team heals, meltdowns decent.

bio is there, like fire blast.

if you want a def set, ice probably will mitigate lots.

but, ya, for spines, if not bio, then rad. youll have a lot of (pb++)aoe between your primary and rad.

• Like 1

My spines/bio is one of my favorite scrappers. You can’t hide spines so i embraced the bio armor as well. Only toon I’ve been able to enjoy bio on. I’ve tried many times with bio and this was only toon I liked it on. It’s good, but can’t be minimized.

Edited by Thraxen
  • Like 1