SR/?? Super Reflexes and (Recommendations)

Groovy_Ghoul

I've been running a SR/Savage, on the TT Saturday tour, and he's been a blast.  Mid-30s, with only common IOs and the Tanker ATO procs (and a few uniques, for good measure).  He's really tanky and does a $hit-ton of damage, to boot.  I've never run SR on a tank, so just leveling with every power and trying everything out.  For that matter, haven't run SR on anything but a scrap, on live, pre IO system, before...so am certainly no expert.

Have fun and, as David Lee Roth famously said..."tell us how you do!"

• Thumbs Up 2

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Bout anything would be fine. Mine is katana and it’s cool. Dark and rad get the heal. Won’t really need it though. Dark does minus to hit which works well with sr. Spines would be my vote if you don’t have spines already. Big aoes on tank and slows are cool. Damage aura helps taunt. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Stick enough recharge in Claws and your AoE attack chain is FU, Spin, And Shockwave. The recharge Shockwave for my EA Brute is listed at 4.82 seconds. That's cone sized 100% KB/KD at range. Add is Focus and Slash as your ST attack chain and things tend to be on their butts.

I do like my Savage/rad Brute so far, but Savage doesn't offer near the mitigation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 weeks later

Dark melee would be my min max option.  But the character I'm running now is SR/Psi.  It's been alot of fun.  I like the animations, the concept, and its no slouch otherwise.  Greater Psi Blade packs a punch and takes procs nicely.  The t9 recharges quickly, and combined with the Cone with a knockdown proc, there is alot of soft control.  I made it to advertise psy friendly groups with a tank adding to confusion based characters, and now I love it for so many reasons.  >50% defense, lots of extra slots and powers and I mean alot.  Just off hand, I can say I six slotted every attack, did not take combat jumping or weave, had every defense proc there is.  I can't stress the extra powers and slots enough.  You can get fold space, pool resist t4's, things that are out of reach on many builds.  Soft capped Defenses at lvl 20 means you will exemplar like crazy, especially with early Lucky because tanker progression.  Six slotting off the wall things like my spirit ward gave me so many resist set bonuses that I'm capped to primary resists at low health, on top of the soft cap.  Rebirth for healing, musculature for more damage, cognitive to boost my confuse because of character concept, melee resist hybrid.  Again, you can take powers just to play around with because your character is functionally set at lvl20+.  Psi resists in enemies are drastically exaggerated, and as a final bonus for me, it's a unique combo I never see anyone use.  I love being the only one.

Edited by David in the Dark
  • Like 1

• 1 month later

I put together a SR/Savage Melee build. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

---

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

Tanker (Super Reflexes - Savage Melee)2.0.mbd

This is a pretty good build but I'm curious why are you taking energy mastery for physical perfection and focused accuracy?

IMO the tohit protection from focused accuracy is more suited for resist based builds that are actually taking hits. For SR you are avoiding hits altogether so those debuffs are less likely to land and thus focused accuracy seems unnecessary. You could probably use your epic pool to take more attacks instead. For example, you could grab ball lightning or dark obliteration if you want another aoe. If you wanted to slot more attacks this way I'd remove slots from stamina and blood thirst.

the Gaussian build up proc is probably also better in blood thirst rather than a toggle power.

I wasn’t sure what to pick for APP/PPP as I’m good with the 2 AOEs and 1 cone from Savage. I do like having the PT: Self Heal proc since I have no self heal ability. I went with the 4 Stamina slots to cap the 100% resistance to slow.

Good call on the Gaussian build up. I will likely switch it to Blood Thirst and drop FA. Not sure what to take for that empty power pick. Suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

On 8/17/2023 at 11:18 PM, Groovy_Ghoul said:

I would like to try out a SR tanker. Any recommendations for secondary and why?

Consider radiation melee - you get a damage aura that SR lacks, a self heal that it is also missing, and can deal additional AoE damage via the "contaminated" effect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tanker studs (and ones w/o sense) go for SR/Stone. A fun combo would be SR/Ice, or the really "Tanky" combo of SR/Axe, can't get hit and you can reposition enemies. 

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

I just want to point out that dark doesn't actually convey any bonus to your survival as an sr even though people frequently give it as an answer.  It's completely redundant as you'll be softcapped with 95% ddr, and enemies will always have at least a 5% chance to hit you.  Ironically dark is most effective on low or medium defense builds vs softcapped builds with ddr.  

Your best bet is picking what you like, or if looking for an optimal build, pick the secondary that gives the best options to fill the holes in your res with i/o bonuses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

Dark Melee gives you Siphon Life which is a reliable heal as a side bonus of a normal attack. SR lacks a heal. I think this is the vector most consider in SR/DM recommendations, rather than the tohitdebuff secondary effect.

Dark also has an entirely different Build Up type power, is incredibly proc-friendly, and has Dark Consumption to prop up your End until you get that sorted. (This isn’t me suggesting Dark per se, just making the case for its synergy)

• Thumbs Up 2

I main SR/ tanks, it’s my favorite tank set for the sheer freedom it brings.

That seems odd, I know, cuz ya have to take all but Elude in SR to “build correctly”.

Yet it’s super easy to slot Red Fortunes and Luck of the Gamblers to have sizable global recharge.  This is the freedom I was talking about.

A fat global recharge means you can ignore Recharge enhancements on your attacks, pick five you like, and proc the crap out of them.

This takes a lot of “bad” sets and totally elevates them.  My favorite is Kinetic Melee; with procced attacks it does heavy damage.

Other nice thing about SR is it’s self-sufficient.  No mob siphons means no need to be in melee.

if you want a flying Tanker, SR is one of the best options.

• Like 1

I put together a SR/Radiation Melee build for fun. I wasn't sure how to slot Radiation Siphon (damage or heal) and Irradiated Ground (Gauntleted Fist or procs)

Infiltration for flavor, can be swapped with your travel power of choice.

Immune to slows. 

All feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tanker (Super Reflexes - Radiation Melee).mbd

On my phone, so can't look at the build, but as for Irritated ground, its proc potential got "fixed" in a recent page and so proccing it out isn't really the best choice anymore.

Radiation Siphon can be slotted with 3 damage sets and 3 heal sets if so desired.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders