Using all the power sets

OxfordCalc

I’m attempting to experience more of the game by trying different power sets and so far this is my list:

Inv /Stj tanker. Main at 44

Fire blast/ dark miasma corruptor 

Bio/savage tanker

Bio/ TW.  Tanker. Had a good concept. After this toon is when I started branching out to different power sets. 

Merc/time  MM. 

Plant/ nature troller

Rad armor /elec assault tanker   

AR/ dev. Blaster 

Rad melee/ WP  brute  

Energy melee/ shield scrapper  

Pain/water defender  

On the schedule are the following:

Gravity Control/psionic assault  Dom 

Beam/SR  Sentinel  (I'm not sure if Beam is good on a Sentinel, but I figured I'd try it)

Ice melee/ ice armor stalker

Ice blast/ kin corruptor 

WM/Energy Aura Brute

Mind/Sonic Dom

After that I don't know. After all these toons, CoH still has a lot of powers to try out. 

Super strength and Electric Armor or Stone Armor? Tanker or Brute?

Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper  Had one on live and liked her.

Symphony Control and something dom or troller? 

Claws/Ninjitsu Scrapper?

Seismic and Earth something  

Maybe another MM - Thugs/Traps just to be dull and cookie cutter. Playing every MM set and not repeating the secondaries would certainly be a project. 

Completely missed Archery, Trick Arrow, Dual Blades, Broadsword and so many more.

So many toons. I don't have time for this. 

Maybe if I had planned to do this from the beginning, I might have some better combos. Kind of bummed I'm missing Electric/Shield scrapper. Of course, after a dozen or so characters, I could make some exceptions. 

• 3 weeks later

About the beam / SR sentinel ...

Beam is great on sentinels. It has a chain AOE with up to 10 targets, giving it noticeably better AOE than beam on any other AT. SR is one of the tankiest secondaries for sentinels. Plus, SR gives you a lot of freedom to slot other powers as you like because it's not that challenging to softcap positionals. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, EnjoyTheJourney said:

About the beam / SR sentinel ...

Beam is great on sentinels. It has a chain AOE with up to 10 targets, giving it noticeably better AOE than beam on any other AT. SR is one of the tankiest secondaries for sentinels. Plus, SR gives you a lot of freedom to slot other powers as you like because it's not that challenging to softcap positionals. 

That's good to know. When I get a good concept I'll roll it up, though I'm not looking forward to running Synapse again. 

• 1 month later
On 9/1/2023 at 12:04 PM, OxfordCalc said:

Super strength and Electric Armor or Stone Armor? Tanker or Brute?

I recommend the Stone/SS tank.  My titular toon (and first 50 tank and second 50 ever on Live) is just ridiculous.  Stone, on a tank, is so strong you don't even need Granite armor, but I kept it for an oh-$hit button and because a stone tank without Granite is like, well.../insert one of many comparative phrases, here/

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

4 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

a stone tank without Granite is like, well.../insert one of many comparative phrases, here/

Can still tank incarnate content just fine without Granite. We take Granite so that when someone comes looking for us to tell us our roof has storm damage,  our car's warranty is about to expire, or you can get solar panels for no money down, we can blend in with the Devouring Earth and avoid them all together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2