Supergroups, Global Friends, and You

Dona Eis Requiem

36 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Now I'm wondering about the pet recipe version they've announced for Sally, how's that going to work/look?  😃

Probably a completely different animation with a full “nessie” type body

• Like 1

Solo SG for the most part. I have a few RL friends who log in at the off moment for some RP, but mostly me, myself and I on Everlasting.

I have odd playtimes though, so I mostly PUG. It's social enough, meet fun peeps and have a good time. No different than the end days of Live, after my old VG broke up.

I Star mark folks and create Notes on them when I have a good team so I can tell who's who they are later on. Helps to remember who peeps are. 

On occasion, Global Friends and I chat or team up.

I won't join another SG because I want restricted access to my own vaults. 

Reading everyone else's responses, I guess I'm not as socially weird as I thought. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

I resisted joining an SG and forming an SG for quite some time. 

I had an SG in live, but I learned that dealing with different personalities - primarily my own - I just don't have it in me to be polite at all times to everyone. It's just not in me. So, I knew forming an SG would be a big mistake for me, and for anyone foolish enough to join my group. 

As for joining an SG, with the way HC is set up, I never really saw the appeal. We have global chat channels. For example, there's one called TaskForceJunkies, or something like that. These are mainly players with their own sg who team up for TFs and iTrials and any other content. So, if you have this type of option, an SG seems like an extra obligation. But, you get out of things what you put into them. 
Sometimes, you join an SG, and the SG becomes large, like over 100 players. Invariably, they use discord, and in chat, things are said, and perhaps someone doesn't like profanity or someone was insane enough to talk about politics and we all know how horribly bad those conversations can go. Then you have internal strife, and it can be a mess. 

And sometimes, you can join an SG, and there are various rules in place, and people conduct themselves well, and the leadership of the SG is fairly selfless and has group events routinely, and often. In these cases, you really can find a home-like kind of place that you look forward to playing with. 

As for Global Friends...it's odd. I don't think I've ever asked someone to be my global friend. Yet my list is pretty long. And I have no idea who most of them are. 
There are maybe 20 people in game who's name I would recognize as someone I'd like to team with. 
Probably another 5 that I prefer to never team with again. The rest I can take or leave. 

I use SG for a personal "me and all my alts" base, for practical purposes (storage, travel, pillar, merit machine, tailor, trainer, rez station). 

My biggest MINUS to an actual SG is that sometimes I'm in the mood to farm on auto-pilot, sometimes to tinker with pursuit of badges, and only rarely to team and do TF/SF and such. I don't want to be pressured into "participating" when I'm not in the mood.

My biggest PLUS is that there are some really annoying players out there. Luckily they only come up 10% of the time it seems. But it would be nice to somehow avoid them. But I do remember on live having a few jerks actually in the SG, and having to ask the leader to kick them out -- drama -- who needs it all?

So I guess I'll stick with PUGing, and politely excuse myself when I detect a horrible group or something smelly with any players involved. Given that it's pretty infrequent I see no reason to look for a solution (like an actual SG or a friends network). Also, I've gotten to know a few folks by their main or mostly-played toons, and maybe that's enough to just know good players / helpful people / knowledgeable people loosely.

TINKERERS and LEOTARDED personal supergroups on Reunion; open bases! codes TB-9014 and LT-1051

TinkerBell (MAIN) super reflexes / martial arts tanker & badge hunter; Sarabraxus, energy / energy blaster; Sarathustra, fire / therm corruptor

Scotch Bonnie / Caroline Reaper, fire/ss brutes & fire farmers; Granny Fix It / Green Granny / Great Granny, empathy/psi defenders; plus a few others.

@Xarah formerly on Champion, Triumph, Victory, now @chuckv2 / @chuckv3 / @chuckv4 on Reunion

I'm mostly an RPer ingame. The Everlasting SGs I'm in are groups of other RPers based around a theme. For example, in Oasis, we run our base as a resort and have Saturday parties. We still do content together, but RP is the focus for all of us and takes up the majority of time we spend together.

I have a lot of Global Friends. These are almost entirely fellow RPers who are in different SGs than my characters.

Edited by Unmada
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1