What do you think is the single most powerful power/ability in the game?

Story Archer

I'd be torn between Howling Twilight and Fulcrum Shift especially on large teams.  Followed by a whole bunch of powers many because they are single target vs AoEs or  useful paired with another specific power or some variation of these factors

And waaay down likely at the bottom is Time Bomb 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Fulcrum Shift. Damage caps a team.

Speed Boost. +Recharge and the End to go non-stop. One of the only powers actively talked about while a player with said power is on the team.

Seeds of Confusion. While not good against single hard targets, it makes mobs irrelevant and is up often enough to where Plant needs little else.

Phantom Army. Makes alpha strike irrelevant and more so when made perma.

Hard to argue with Fulcrum Shift, Phantom Army, Speed Boost and Rage. All are excellent and should make anyone's top 5-10. Just can't get away from Seeds for me, though - of course my experience with it is playing a Dominator, so even Bosses get purple clouds more often than not. Creepers might not be top 5 but an argument can be made that they're top 10. As a 1-2 punch I'd say they're right up there with Speed Boost & Fulcrum Shift, though in wildly different circumstances. So, Plant/Kin for the crazy OP?

• Like 2

• Game Master

I was shocked at how good Mire is on a Warshade. You get two and with a lot of enemies round you they boost the WS to damage cap and you just obliterate everything. Use it with Eclipse and your WS is seriously OP. It's like Fulcrum Shift though as the more enemies in range the better it is, but it's not team wide. Soloing +4/8 is actually easier than soloing +4/2 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Story Archer said:

As a 1-2 punch

As a 1-2 Punch, I'd nominate [Fold Space] followed by [Fulcrum Shift]. Fold gathers a tight, maximum count group in close, so that Fulcrum can be sure to get its full effect. And they're prepped for any AoEs/PBAoE's or strong controls the team might have for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Story Archer said:

So, Plant/Kin for the crazy OP?

Plant/Kin is a lot of fun (I had one on live), but Plant is better on dominators and Kinetics is better on corruptors.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

Kinetics is better on corruptors.

Debatable since Controllers offer one thing Corrs don't give Kinetics which it desires, mitigation. Now, I accept in the land of IOs that gets a bit blurry, but being able to AoE mezz a mob makes life a lot easier as a Kin.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Adding my name to the Fulcrum Shift chorus, and to the general consensus that Speed Boost is pretty cracked.

Shameless plug for Light Form, though. Self-Contained, capable of capping Resistance to all but Psi, permable, and even provides some cursory Mez Protection for Base and Nova forms. My Regeneration characters would happily trade Resilience, Instant Healing, Revive, and Moment of Glory for Light Form straight-up.

Edited by archgemini24
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

6 hours ago, Story Archer said:

Speed Boost

Sorry for the tangent, but aside from Null the Gull, has Speed Boost changed much since Live?  Back then, I viewed it as one of the least useful powers once a Kin def got Transference, even more so with Fulcrum Shift.  In addition, it was a PITA to refresh it on everyone who wanted it, because, let's face it, everyone wanted it, all the time.

3 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

Sorry for the tangent, but aside from Null the Gull, has Speed Boost changed much since Live?  Back then, I viewed it as one of the least useful powers once a Kin def got Transference, even more so with Fulcrum Shift.  In addition, it was a PITA to refresh it on everyone who wanted it, because, let's face it, everyone wanted it, all the time.

SB gives +50% Recharge, +Recovery and +Speed, i think it also reduces the effects of slow powers. a hugely useful buff

it‘s also now a target AoE buff with a good size radius, whoever is standing near the person you cast it on will also receive the buff

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

SB gives +50% Recharge, +Recovery and +Speed, i think it also reduces the effects of slow powers. a hugely useful buff

it‘s also now a target AoE buff with a good size radius, whoever is standing near the person you cast it on will also receive the buff

Recharge is moot with Fulcrum Shift (even with old-fashioned SOs), Recovery is moot with Transference (again, with SOs), and resistance to slow is situational, at least in my experience.

That said, AoE is a huge improvement.

3 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

Recharge is moot with Fulcrum Shift

Fulcrum Shift is only a -DMG debuff on enemies and a +DMG buff on friends; it does nothing for recharge.

From City of Data:

Ranged (Foe AoE), Foe -DMG, Team +DMG
Fulcrum Shift drains the power of a targeted foe and all foes nearby, transferring it to all adjacent allies, the caster, and those near the caster. Affected foes will deal less damage, while your affected allies will deal more. The more foes that are affected, the more power your allies receive. Fulcrum Shift can dramatically turn the tide of a melee battle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

Recovery is moot with Transference

I wouldn't say it's moot. Transference requires a nearby enemy, and many players try to keep distance from them. A Kin can hit them with a SB regardless of nearby foes. I'd say they're fairly complementary.

• Like 2

Transference also needs to hit. I'll also take the +End I have now versus the Transference which might happen and more so only if the Kin is low on End.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

13 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

Recharge is moot with Fulcrum Shift (even with old-fashioned SOs), Recovery is moot with Transference (again, with SOs), and resistance to slow is situational, at least in my experience.

That said, AoE is a huge improvement.

Just play a Kin, skip SB, get on a team, let them know you don't have SB because you don't see the value in it, and see how well that works out for you. 

As mentioned, FS doesn't do +Recharge.

• Haha 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

4 hours ago, Andreah said:

As a 1-2 Punch, I'd nominate [Fold Space] followed by [Fulcrum Shift]. Fold gathers a tight, maximum count group in close, so that Fulcrum can be sure to get its full effect. And they're prepped for any AoEs/PBAoE's or strong controls the team might have for them.

Thoroughly agree.  It's a perfect example of how synergy between powers elevates a solid utility power to a potent combo.  Running with RadEm or Nature it can pull everything into a tight clump for Chocking Cloud or Entangling Aura to be rapidly controlled for AoEs such as Nukes, Fireballs etc. while minimizing foe retaliation.

Edit:  imagine the already devastating Fire/Rad teams using it for instance to continuously be pulling in mobs.  Not only catching them into Hot Feet and CC but helping to keep, indirectly, the "oh look shiney' behavior of all those Imps to a minimum.

Edited by Doomguide2005

Just now, Andreah said:

I wouldn't say it's moot. Transference requires a nearby enemy, and many players try to keep distance from them. A Kin can hit them with a SB regardless of nearby foes. I'd say they're fairly complementary.

Fair, but when I played Kin with a reasonably good tank on the team, I'd tell the distance types that melee range is the best place for buffs and heals.  The best way to live with a Kin is to live dangerously.

Another tangential question - is today's SB a point-blank AoE, or at range?

Just now, Without_Pause said:

Just play a Kin, skip SB, get on a team, let them know you don't have SB because you don't see the value in it, and see how well that works out for you. 

Back in the day, I tried a little experiment a few times.  I would refrain from SB, and I wouldn't tell anyone that I wasn't going to SB either.  No one seemed to notice or care, until some 1337 player joined and insisted on SB.  I'd then use it, but state that it wasn't the best power to spend my time on - at which point I'd get lectured on how "good" SB was.  Ironically, if SB ever had a measurable effect on team play in a post-Transference world, it was almost always negative.  Even the most 1337 players would lose control.

Just now, Without_Pause said:

As mentioned, FS doesn't do +Recharge.

I didn't say it did.  I said FS made +Recharge irrelevant.

Forgive me if this sounds like bragging, but this is really a comment on how powerful FS is.  If the team I was on stayed in melee range per my request, the fight would be over almost as soon as I hit FS.  We'd typically bulldoze two spawns before FS faded, the first with alphas, the second lesser attacks, and by the time we reached the third spawn, the alpha powers would be recharaged.  Rinse and repeat.

As for to-hit, I also had Tactics and Siphon Speed, plus a mixed back of inspirations well stocked with blues and yellows.

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

As for to-hit, I also had Tactics and Siphon Speed

Siphon Speed does nothing for to-hit.  Plus, you're a Kin, you don't need to stack blues.

EDIT: The issue of how many blues needed on had depends upon level and the other set which is being used. A Kin/sonic Defender and Fire/kin Controller are rather different in end usage.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Debatable since Controllers offer one thing Corrs don't give Kinetics which it desires, mitigation. Now, I accept in the land of IOs that gets a bit blurry, but being able to AoE mezz a mob makes life a lot easier as a Kin.

Valid. I was thinking in terms of the higher damage cap and Scourge, which allow corruptors to take better advantage of the damage buff. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

17 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

For me it comes down to Destiny Incarnates, especially Barrier and Aegis, and even Rebirth is really strong.

Incarnates in general are overly good by design though. Alpha can be incredibly helpful depending on the build. Judgement even though merely being a nuke can speed up clear speed for those who care about it. Hybrid Melee can make some builds feel unkillable. It obviously depends on the build, but giving Fire Control access to Hybrid Control feels so near abusive. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.