Mender Roebuck should sell stuff for Merits

gameboy1234

I was just in Oroboros and needed to get some stuff from a Merit Vendor.  I checked Mender Roebuck on the off chance he sold those, and he doesn't.  He also sells almost nothing now.  It would be nice to add more stuff for him to sell, and the Merit Vendor menu would be handy for folks in Oro.  Just thinking out loud mostly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Merit vending is a different UI to the normal store, though. I think the only way to have one contact supply more than one store like that would be to put dialog trees with the contact system, and if they did that he would become inaccessible during TFs. TFs like Ouroboros flashbacks, for instance.

53 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Merit vending is a different UI to the normal store, though. I think the only way to have one contact supply more than one store like that would be to put dialog trees with the contact system, and if they did that he would become inaccessible during TFs. TFs like Ouroboros flashbacks, for instance.

That's the thing, Mender Roebuck doesn't have to be the merit vendor. And it would probably be best if he wasn't. Adding a new Mender that was a merit vendor or adding a merit vendor machine works just fine, can be placed along a wall away from everything/everyone, and doesn't require Mender Roebuck to be re-coded. And since the map itself isn't being changed, there is no concern about needing a new map to be developed.

Edit: Hells, one of the initiates that can't be interacted with could be replaced with such a Mender, so a new spot wouldn't even be needed for the vendor.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

how about a fake vendor

that sell things that cannot be purchased

and do not exist in game

because they are items from an alternate dimension

that no longer exists

As part of an April Fool's event, sure.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Rudra said:

And it would probably be best if he wasn't. Adding a new Mender that was a merit vendor or adding a merit vendor machine works just fine, can be placed along a wall away from everything/everyone, and doesn't require Mender Roebuck to be re-coded. And since the map itself isn't being changed, there is no concern about needing a new map to be developed.

This would be fine too, although I think it would be easiest on players if we had any new vendors all in a group about where Mender Roebuck is now.  Having them all in a cluster, maybe even interacting, would be neat.  And also I like npcs better than vending machines.  (We could add some non-human NPC vendors too, that would be cool.)