Possibly coming back questions

Shadewe

I play this game previous, had fun, etc. Thinking of coming back for a bit, not sure. How is the game doing? Population OK? Groups still happen from time to time? How has the game changed in the last I think 3-4 years?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

On Excelcier there's always groups forming.  Most filling fast enough that you have to respond quickly or it will fill up before you get in.

There's been powerset improvements and additions, and a little bit of content released.  I don't think any of the changes have been contraversial to the point of pushing people away.  Mostly buffs and rebalancing to underperforming sets.  Also some quality of life improvements.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Everlasting's population is rather solid. The biggest negative change has been in regards to farming. The new powersets have been solid but not really top tier. The fixes have been nice adds though.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

16 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

The biggest negative change has been in regards to farming. 

yes i agree, farming is too powerful in HC and has too much influence over the game, however this has been debated to death over the last few years. “it is how it is” and “just how it be” was the eventual conclusion that kept both sides happy

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Snarky said:

isn't this quote from 10 years ago?

It could be, but after I took a recent break and came back, I wasn't exactly excited to see I would likely be better off doing a respect for build that would still farm slower and not gain as much XP.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 10/26/2023 at 2:06 PM, Shadewe said:

I play this game previous, had fun, etc.

How far back are you talking?  Original Game?  Early days of Homecoming variant?

If it is Original Game, Homecoming has smoothed the path to level 20.  In the original game, it could been a "gasping for endurance" slog, but one can hit 20 within a few hours play and never have to get involved with farming.

Red side is underpopulated if you were thinking of going there.  Gold side even more so.  If you're intending to head in one of those directions, ask here first, as there are players who can help you find the best experience currently possible in those directions.  Blue side remains very active.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:06 PM, Shadewe said:

I play this game previous, had fun, etc. Thinking of coming back for a bit, not sure. How is the game doing? Population OK? Groups still happen from time to time? How has the game changed in the last I think 3-4 years?

Answers so far have overlooked two points:

1. It don't cost nothin'. (And it doesn't even need next week's hardware to play.)
  2. Bases now cost nothing, so the ultra-mega-Barbie's-war-council base of your dreams is a matter of clicking enough times.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I'm a little curious about this post - OP makes it sound like a massive decision,

I'm unclear why s/he needs certain criteria to be qualified before playing. Why can't they just play and see for themselves?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.